Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Gassho and hello everyone! I'm so happy to have come across Treeleaf Zendo

I began practicing zazen back in the 90s and also spent some time in the Nyingma tradition of Tibetan Buddhism. Then, I stopped practicing altogether for a number of years. I'm now 50, married and have a nearly 3 year old son - a bit more mature and settled.

I began sitting again about a month ago, and now sit twice a day, usually - sometimes more and sometimes only once, but I always sit. My practice is shikantaza, as it was in the 90s, even while with the Nyingmapa. Somehow, it seems better now, after all this time. Maybe I've finally dropped all expectations.

I'm a stay at home dad now, after 23 years in engineering. It's been quite an adjustment, and in no small part is what brought me back to Zen.

Jundo - it was so nice to communicate with you, and I look forward to speaking with you, cam to cam soon. Gotta go find that iSight cam still packed in a box somewhere.

It's amazing how hard it can be to find a Zen teacher. We live in a very rural area now, far from all the choices of the big city, but I even found it difficult to find a teacher when I lived close to a big city in America. The idea of an online Zendo, with a traditional student/teacher relationship and open sangha discussion is just fantastic.

I love the Blog, Jundo. Sure it would be nice to be able to physically go to a Zendo everyday, but I don't see that we're missing much here. For me anyway, this may be even better. Even if the Zendo were around the corner, I wouldn't be able to go everyday. Not with a 3 year old. But, I can "attend" here everyday. I love it, and I can't tell you how happy I am to have a teacher! I'm also looking forward to the Jukai training you mentioned in another post!

That's enough waffling out of me. Just wanted to say hi.
    Cheers,
    Bruce

Hello from another very rural person on the other side of the Channel.

Kirk

Hello!

Another warm welcome from a (sadly) not-so-rural guy from Germany.

Gassho,

Hans

Welcome from a happily somewhat rural guy.

Thank you Hans and Don! It's really great to be here.
    Gassho,
    Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Greetings and welcome from one expatriate to another. There seem to be quite a few of us around here.

Gassho
    Kenneth

Hi Kenneth,
    Thank you for the welcome! Interesting how us expats are coming together here. Must be karma, eh. :wink:
    Gassho,
    Bruce