Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hellloooo. My name is William Barry. hehe. You can call me will.

I've been sitting for about 5 years now and wow what a trip. I sit everyday....well almost everyday, except for those mornings when I go "I'll have breakfast and then sit later." Well that usually just doesn't happen.

I live in Dalian, China, so there really isn't any zen centre anywhere. The closest one is Hong Kong I think.

Anyway, I enjoy painting and am currently going to start a watercolor comicbook(atleast that's what my ego tells me). HeHe. Maybe some of you like to paint too or do art.

I also teach English at a University Here. I have been teaching English in China for about 5 years aswell.

Ok. Talk to you later.

Will

Hi Will,

你好 Ni hao! 欢迎 Huan ying! Welcome!

We have to be careful, as one of our other denizens around here is 'Wills'. But, we can keep you guys straight.

So, 5 years in China. Wow. I am curious, though, as to if you looked for a Ch'an temple around there. I used to live in Beijing, and it was hard, but that was over 20 years ago,

Gassho, Jundo

Hi Will.

I'm relatively new here.
    I like your signature and am wondering if you're a Magritte fan.

Jundo Ni Hao.

I actually haven't look that hard for a temple. There perhaps might be one in the provence. I'm pretty sure there's not one in the city though.

Hi Don.

Is it Magritte who painting (this is not a pipe)?

Hi Will, thanks for posting a picture of yourself.

My name is William Simpson (call me Will too). I live Moscow, Idaho and work in a local hospital's radiology department. I practice with the Palouse Zen Community which is loosely affiliated with Mountain Lamp in Deming Washington which is part of the Diamond Sangha.

Photography and wood working are my creative passions.

Gassho
    The Other Will

Quote Originally Posted by will
    Hi Don.

Is it Magritte who painting (this is not a pipe)?
    Yes. The first time I saw it I was given one of those moments of laughter in the absence of sense. I believe the title of the painting is "The Trechery of Images" but I'm not sure.

I'm also fond of the advice from a friend: "Don't believe everything you think."

Quote Originally Posted by Don Niederfrank
    I'm also fond of the advice from a friend: "Don't believe everything you think."
    I prefer "Don't believe anything you think." Belief and thought are such primitive and unreliable ways of knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by wills
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Niederfrank
    I prefer "Don't believe anything you think." Belief and thought are such primitive and unreliable ways of knowing.
    Yes, yes. gassho.