Thread: Watch out for lurking Buddhadharma readers!

Watch out for lurking Buddhadharma readers!

Just saw Treeleaf's cool advertisement in Buddhadharma (page 65 Fall 2007). We've hit the big time now. Any minute the floods of Jundo wantabe's will descend here disturbing our peaceful slumber!! :wink:

Welcome Buddhadharma readers!

An ad in Buddhadharma! Cool.

I, for one, welcome our new Buddhadharma overlords.

Hey Guys,

Please remember that this Sangha is primarily of service to folks who need such a thing. As I describe in the ad:

Vow to Sit Zazen Online Every Day for Next 9 Years

... please join me and sit-a-long

Our Daily (Rain or Shine) Webcast Zazen is meant for those who cannot easily commute to a sitting, often due to health concerns, living in remote areas, taking care of kids & work, or anyone who might benefit. Now, by 'tuning in' to our 30 minute 'Daily Zazen' broadcast, all can join in a Soto Zen ‘just sitting’ and Sangha.

treeleafzen.blogspot.com

As with any Sangha, anyone really is welcome, even if you have another group with whom you can sit during the week. However, our community is truly for folks who have no other place to go (for their discovery that there is no place to go). The only way I know to reach such people is through the Buddhist magazines.

Gassho, Jundo

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    The only way I know to reach such people is through the Buddhist magazines.
    Cool, actually I'm just a guest here. I have a local sangha I sit with. I participate here for the extra credit (fun) and because Jundo is so warm and kind with us.

I just got to the "Zazen Online" article by Scott Armstrong in the same issue of Buddhadharma which profiles Jundo and treeleaf (pg 89 Fall 2007). Very cute series of stills from teisho on meditating with distractions. Huge smile plastered to my face.

Jundo,

I didn't mean to malign the ad or any such thing. I'm excited to see our little e-Sangha represented in such a prestigious and widely read magazine! Like Will, I'm a "guest sitter" here with a local group that I join irregularly. Also like Will, I'm grateful to sit and learn from such a warm and welcoming teacher.

Gassho.

Here are scans of the ad and article from the current (Fall 2007) issue of Buddhadharma 'The Practitioner's Quarterly'. Enjoy!

The ad (scan doesn't show it as clear and sharp as it appeared in print and there is a little shine through of the backside of the page.)

The article - Zazen Online

Will,

Thanks -- cool stuff

Greg

Downright spiffy ad there. Kudos and thanks Jundo!