Thread: Caching Jundo

Caching Jundo

I don't know about you but for me the daily video zazen sessions are sometimes (usually really) hard to follow because of choppiness. Probably my poor T1 connection.

Does anyone know of a way to cache these videos? They are flash movies that are streamed. I haven't found a way to download them for off-line viewing which sure would help. Some players will stream video into a buffer while the video is paused but not here.

Hi Wills,

I have learned (in watching myself ... auto-voyeurism?) that if you hit the 'play' button,' then immediately 'pause' and let it fully buffer for a couple of minutes, it will play better. Also, make sure other windows running Flash applications are closed, because they can conflict.

Remember, this is all an experiment and we are pioneers. In a couple of years, we can have our sittings as holograms in each others living rooms.

Cached Gassho, Jundo

Jundo, you are correct, usually the videos cache if you start to play then put them on pause. Unfortunately those streamed from ustream.tv don't work that way. They are so bad as to be unwatchable or unlistenable. I just sit and imagine the great wisdom you are imparting.

I have to say these are some of your best episodes. :wink:

Will

Yes, that's exactly my problem, so I play/pause them then watch. I also have the problem with the ustream.tv ones; at times, they are impossible to follow.

Kirk

Hi Guys,

Thank you for trying. Yesterday's sit was just lightning and thunder, no talk. So, here is what you missed ...

FLASH ...........KABOOM! FLASH FLASH ........ KABOOM! KABOOM!! :-)

Peace, Jundo

P.S. - I will try to avoid USTREAM, where possible