Thread: GoFundMe: Zen Meets the Orthodox with Daiho Hilbert Roshi

GoFundMe: Zen Meets the Orthodox with Daiho Hilbert Roshi

From the amazing Rev. Daiho Hilbert ... for those interested in the meeting of Zen and Christianity ...

They are near the goal of their very small production budget, but running short. Could use a few more generous Dana-ists ...

A Lesson in possibility: An Orthodox priest and myself, a Zen Buddhist priest, have been discussing , in various cafes, the everyday aspects of our respective faith traditions, Zen Buddhism and the Orthodox Church, for some time. We thought people may benefit from our conversations so we are making a documentary featuring our dicussions. The conversations are open and free-wheeling. We discuss how we came to our particular faith tradition, how we make it real in our everyday lives, and what hopes we may have for those who follow in our respective paths.

We believe people will benefit from the experience of such an open, caring, and compassionate discussion between two priests from vastly different backgrounds. We believe it is possible, even desirable, for members of different faith traditions to talk with one another. This film models that possibility.
    GoFundMe LINK:
    https://www.gofundme.com/zen-meets-the-orthodox

A little about Daiho for those who don't know ...

Harvey Daiho Hilbert (born February 13, 1947) woke up to Zen after being shot in the head in combat in Vietnam in 1966. In spite of the resulting disability, Daiho went on to obtain a Masters and PH.D degree in Social Work and spent nearly thirty years offering contemplative practices to his clients. Daiho took up formal training in 1998 at Dharma Mountain Zendo in Cloudcroft, NM. He was ordained in 2000 and was given Dharma Transmission in 2005 by Ken Hogaku Shozen McGuire roshi.

In 2000 he was installed as abbot of Daibutsuji Zen Temple and re-established the Zen Center of Las Cruces. In 2005, he retired from his clinical practice and left Daibutsuji to establish the Order of Clear Mind Zen. The Order is based at Clear Mind Zen Temple in Las Cruces, New Mexico and currently has affiliates in northern California and west Texas. His practice includes street practice, daily blog postings of his teaching, as well as a fulltime monastic practice. His Temple offers daily Zazen, monthly Zazenkai, and quarterly Sesshin. In addition, it offers many educational group activities, as well as selected workshops specifically focused on recovery from war and violent trauma.

Daiho was a guest here at Treeleaf awhile back, and I will see him again in August during the train trip across the Southwest.

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...-is-HERE%21%21

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you Jundo.

Gassho,

Shugen
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

YES!
    done.

Gassho,
    Anne

~st~

Jundo I shall take my little camera and little computer to California, and I will be there around August 1st to August 9th or 10th such that I will take part in sitting with friends. Maybe only a little as ALL could to make a difference!

Tai Shi
    std
    Gassho
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 05-23-2017 at 06:03 PM.
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Thanks for the information.
    I will go to that site and offer what I can.
    I also was an "Ordained" Orthodox Priest and a Zen Buddhist. So you know I want to help.
    I remember Daiho from his visit to our zendo. I also have one of his books.
    Gassho,
    Theophan
    Sat Today

I know both. They are good people, passionate with their beliefs.

Gassho
    Doshin
    Sattoday/LAH