Thread: February 17th-18th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - HAPPY VALENTINE'S !

February 17th-18th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - HAPPY VALENTINE'S !

A Romantic Zazenkai ... try pair sitting!

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast from 10am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I will be there sitting one way... Not pair sitting, though, unfortunately. Once I feel more comfortable with when people are bowing and chanting I may give two-way a try.

Gassho,
    Charity

SatToday

Quote Originally Posted by coriander View Post
    I will be there sitting one way... Not pair sitting, though, unfortunately

Yes, pair sitting is purely optional. Dropping two body-minds ... together!

And here is the perfect Zafu for doing so ...

Gassho, J

SatToday (Solo)
    Last edited by Jundo; 02-17-2017 at 03:39 AM.

Mp
    Thank you Jundo ... I will be there live and pair sitting with Bodhi, as he always loves to sit too (well, he sleeps). =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Hi Jundo!

I'll be there sitting with Sandy (whom has been trying the waters of zazen and she reports less fybromialgya pain )

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I'll be there one-way... will you all be my Valentines ❤️?
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuden View Post
    I'll be there one-way... will you all be my Valentines ❤️?
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Hello,

Wow, you're early!

Please be a 2018 Valentine.

Or not.

Gassho
    Myosha
    sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Thank you, Jundo. I will be there two-way, tech allowing. Happy belated Valentine's day!

Gassho
    Onkai
    SatToday

Quote Originally Posted by Myosha View Post
    Hello,

Wow, you're early!

Please be a 2018 Valentine.

Or not.

Gassho
    Myosha
    sat today
    I'll be your Valentine every day Myosha

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Joyo
    I am sick with an ear infection. I will try to join for awhile but it depends on how I'm feeling.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

I'll be here with bells ready.

Gassho

Daizan

Sat today

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyo View Post
    I am sick with an ear infection. I will try to join for awhile but it depends on how I'm feeling.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today
    Ahh that is not good, hope you feel better Joyo ... even lying down with an ear infection is zazen if we are present with that reality. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today
    You can be with us in heart. Remember that Zazen is sometimes in bed moaning and groaning.

Sitting for your ear.

Gassho, J

SatToday

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today
    Hope you are feeling better soon , Joyo. You are here while in bed resting too.

Gassho
    Daizan

Sat today

Mp
    Hello folks,

Here is todays zazenkai event link if needed: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts...fotvwngvvpsb4e

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Joyo
    Thank you everyone, well, first an ear infection, then plumbing problems in basement tonight causing a leak and husband cutting a hole in the drywall to get to the problem. It's all good practice, right.

I haven't sat as often this week due to being sick, so thank you for the encouraging messages.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today (with water leaking in basement)
    Last edited by Joyo; 02-18-2017 at 01:47 AM. Reason: typo

Mp
    Thank Jundo, Daizan, and everyone .... Happy Valentines Day! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Thank you, Jundo, Daizan, and everybody. Have a great weekend!

I hope you feel better soon, Joyo (and that the leak gets fixed).

Gassho,
    Onkai
    SatToday

Thank you Jundo, Daizan, and everyone. Joyo, hope your plumbing issues are all fixed soon, both the internal and external!! Feel better!
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Thank you and gassho.

Daizan....calmly watching for cues....

sat today

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you all.

Gassho,
    Sekishi #sat
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Thanks to all.

Gassho
    Myosha
    sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Lovely talk Jundo.

I agree with your message about paired Zazen. My wife sits with me almost every day. Sharing my practise with her has no doubt contributed to my success at sitting daily. I think it might be much harder if I was trying to carve out separate time away from her to sit. And just like any good training partner she encourages me to sit even when some days I'd be willing to give it a pass.

Gassho
    Warren
    Sat today

Thank you all.

Gassho
    Washin
    sat

Thank you all who sat and will sit!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Just sat with you all.
    Gassho,
    Hōkō
    #SatToday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    法 Dharma
    口 Mouth

Sat Today with all of You and the zazenkai recording.
    I am Grateful for sharing my practice with everyone here in Treeleaf.
    I wish everyone a great week with lots of love.
    Gassho, Gokai
    Sattoday

Sitting this one tonight.

Gassho
    Matt

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Completed this a couple of days back but would like to thank all who sat with me. Thank you Sangha.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Jundo how wonderful to experience the recorded Zazenkai WITH my life partner, my Wife, Marjorie, meaning pearl, yes this perfectly formed though in the rough, yes she sat next to me in her place and me sitting in my place, the two of us married almost 35 years, and the first 5 while I was drinking, now together 30 years with Tai Shi away from any intoxicant, following to the letter directions of all doctors, my informed and practical people, all helping in there own way, and my LOVE this woman who I have live with much longer than with my own mother who I loved as my mother, and this woman with whom we had a child, and now that child is 28 in one month, this child who never saw dad with so much as a drop on his lips, and the promise I made the day mother told me of the child to come into this world "I will build upon these 18 months, never ever to know any intoxicant again!" A promise and my daughter has never viewed dad drunk in any way! std, Zazenkai, Tai Shi, Gassho.
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆