Thread: February 10th-11th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

February 10th-11th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast from 10am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 02-17-2017 at 03:12 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Thank you Jundo, I will be there live! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Thank you Jundo. I will be there two-way, tech allowing.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    SatToday

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    See you all soon.

Gassho,
    Sekishi #sat
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Thank you Jundo.

Just like to add that the Chant PDF link is pointing to the Verse of Atonement "Evil Karma" version
    I'm sure a link to the updated PDF was posted recently (thought by Shingen but can't find a reference in his old posts so could be wrong) but I've not been able to find it. But hey I like this version but that's just the old rocker in me \oo/.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

I'll be there live!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Seishin-Do View Post
    Thank you Jundo.

Just like to add that the Chant PDF link is pointing to the Verse of Atonement "Evil Karma" version
    I'm sure a link to the updated PDF was posted recently (thought by Shingen but can't find a reference in his old posts so could be wrong) but I've not been able to find it. But hey I like this version but that's just the old rocker in me \oo/.
    Hey there Toby,

Here is a more updated version for you. =)

Updated Chant Book: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Hey there Toby,

Here is a more updated version for you. =)

Updated Chant Book: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today
    Gassho Shingen

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Thank you Jundo. I'll be there live, one way.

Gassho
    Marie

sattoday

I'll be there live.

Gassho
    Daizan
    Sat today

Mp
    Hey folks,

Here is the event link if needed: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts...om5crpvjksw4ye

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Mp
    Awesome, thank you Jundo, Sekishi, and everyone, great to sit with you. Peace. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Thank you, Jundo and everyone. Have a good weekend!

Gassho,
    Onkai
    SatToday

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you all. Sorry for the fire-alarm bell this week. I'll get it right one of these days.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi #sat

Sent from my Tricorder using Tapatalk Pro
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Thank you all!
    Crazy day here in Rocky Mountains, Denver Colorado was in the high 70s! We matched Honolulu.
    Crazy. As it is

Gassho
    Rodney SatToday

Banto (aka Rodney)
    万磴 (Myriad StoneSteps)

Very groovy. Thank you dear Sangha!

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat today

Joyo
    Thank you everyone. Have a good weekend!!

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Thanks to all.

Gassho
    Myosha
    sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Thank you and a good weekend to all.

Gassho
    Washin
    sattoday

It' s an impossible timeframe for me sadly. Thank you for sitting guys . I will join you tomorrow.

Gassho

MyoHo

sat today
    Mu

Thank you all!

Have a great weekend

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Quote Originally Posted by MyoHo View Post
    It' s an impossible timeframe for me sadly. Thank you for sitting guys . I will join you tomorrow.

Gassho

MyoHo

sat today
    Yes, the earth is wrong, so day is night somewhere.

However, there is no bad time. If you sit with us tomorrow, you are still sitting right next to us today and always. Now then here there all forgotten.

No bad time.

Gassho, J

SatToday

I sat this today. I am on holidays at the moment but it was good to take a holiday from my holiday to make time to join the group.

Gassho,
    Charity
    SatToday

Thanks everyone!

_/\_
    Ade

Sat today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You very much everyone.
    I Just Sat with all of You and the zazenkai recording.
    Wishing peace and a great week to all.
    Gassho, Gokai
    Sattoday

Thank you Jundo and all. Sat along today for the first time and hope to do so weekly from now on.

Have a good week everyone.

Gassho,
    Stephen
    SatToday

Sat the zazenkai with you all today.
    Gassho,
    Hōkō
    #SatToday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    法 Dharma
    口 Mouth

Just sat this. Thank you Jundo, Sekishi and everyone.

Was a rough first half of the sit, family argument going on in the background (as is often the case), no small amount of self pity and anxiety present, almost reached for the phone to shut off the timer and give up.
    Then I listened to Jundo's talk about sitting for all, shed a couple of tears and found a bigger container. Thought of Kakunen at the monastery and felt that spirit of practicing together with others for the good of all. After that it was truly sitting the sit with everyone.
    They may work you hard in a Monastery, but lay practice sure has its challenges, at least for me! I am so grateful to be able to sit with all of you.
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Sat this today.
    Gassho
    Matt

Sat this today also. Good to try the first one offline to see how it goes (and not do the ritual wrong). Observe no one is using a chant book. Has everyone memorized the chants?

Kyousui - strong waters 強 水

We chant the Heart Sutra, "All Buddhas," and the closing chants. The rest is the Ino alone I believe. The heart Sutra takes a little while, but the rest of it you will remember after a few repetitions (if I did with my lousy memory, I'm sure you will too!)

The longer monthly Zazenkai does the heart Sutra in Japanese which I don't have much hope of memorizing! I'm working a bit on the Identity of the Relative and Absolute here and there, but it's going slowly...
    Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Quote Originally Posted by TomSchulte View Post
    Sat this today also. Good to try the first one offline to see how it goes (and not do the ritual wrong). Observe no one is using a chant book. Has everyone memorized the chants?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuden View Post
    We chant the Heart Sutra, "All Buddhas," and the closing chants. The rest is the Ino alone I believe. The heart Sutra takes a little while, but the rest of it you will remember after a few repetitions (if I did with my lousy memory, I'm sure you will too!)

The longer monthly Zazenkai does the heart Sutra in Japanese which I don't have much hope of memorizing! I'm working a bit on the Identity of the Relative and Absolute here and there, but it's going slowly...
    Hi Tom,

There are links above for the chant books which can be printed out or read online ...

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):[/FONT]

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)
    Even though your microphone is muted, we hear everyone in our hearts!

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday

Thank you all for sitting dear friends.

Gassho

Myoho

sat today
    Mu

Sat, thank you sangha.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous