Thread: World Zazen

World Zazen

Today was the first day of good snow here in Montana and the start of my winter vacation. This morning as I was sweeping the snow from the sidewalk I stopped to reflect on the beauty and silence of the first winter snow. A realization came to me as to why Zazen is the great practice of us Zen. It is the way of nature, the cosmic way. The trees, plants and even the earth itself is wrapped in their kesa and in the state of Zazen. So to is our practice to know ourselves is to connect with our heart-consciousness which is in and of itself the cosmic heart-consciousness that connects all sentient beings from Buddhas to the lowly ant. Compassion and peace, happiness and love is to be found inside us, in the cosmic heart-consciousness. This is our practice that manifests in our physical being and actions. Zazen and Zen is a cosmic practice of all beings.

Just thought I would share this little thought.

Gassho

James (Yuuki Sugiyama) Kavajecz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Kyotai
    Thank you James

Gassho, Kyotai
    ST

Quote Originally Posted by Yuukisugiyama View Post
    The trees, plants and even the earth itself is wrapped in their kesa and in the state of Zazen.
    Very nice, James, gassho.

Sat today
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Mp
    Thank you James. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Well said

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuukisugiyama View Post
    Zazen is the great practice of us
    This phrasing really speaks to me.

Zazen is not just sitting WITH all beings, it is all beings sitting -- "the great practice of us".

Well said.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi

#sattoday
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.