Thread: July's Edition of Favorite Teachings honoring Treeleaf's 10th! Oldies but Goodies!

July's Edition of Favorite Teachings honoring Treeleaf's 10th! Oldies but Goodies!

July's "Oldie but Goodie" in honor of Treeleaf's 10th Anniversary is a 3-in-1 Special! A written forum post and a Sit-a-long video by Jundo and a podcast/transcript by Rick Hansen!

A shout out to Jika who requested this favorite "probably because the garden is so beautiful and quiet. And because I like teachings being put in the context of modern science."

Also one of my favorites, this teaching reminds me of the koi my husband, Jim, and I raised in our aquarium. All day long, the koi would pick up things in its mouth from the bottom of the aquarium and, then, either spit them out or swallow them. After watching him day after day, Jim and I would laugh and say all the fish was thinking was "Edible, not edible! Edible, not edible!"

I realized after viewing this Sit-a-long by Jundo that I do a similar thing in my life as my koi, always judging and experiencing the world as "Me! Not Me!" Thanks to this teaching, I now try to remember how much more interesting and expansive my world becomes when I include more by saying "Me!" more often than "Not Me!" When I do not separate the world quite so much into self and not-self! When I learn the secret of no self!

Please ENJOY this teaching AGAIN and POST your comments HERE to share!

Click the following link, and then scroll to the last post: http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...elf-No-Problem!

Also, if you have a favorite, BETTER HURRY, and send me the link and your comment if you want your favorite included! There are only FIVE MORE anniversary edition favorites left!

Gassho, Grace

Sat Today plus 10 minutes more in honor of Treeleaf's 10th Anniversary!
    Sat today and 10 more in honor of Treeleaf's 10th Anniversary!

Thank you Grace!

That garden is indeed a beauty

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceleejenkins View Post
    always judging and experiencing the world as "Me! Not Me!"
    Really lovely Grace.

Thank you for your work on this project. It is good to review these "golden oldies".

Gassho,
    Sekishi

#sattoday+10
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Mp
    Wonderful wonderful, thank you Grace. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Hello,

Thank you for the link.

Gassho
    Myosha
    sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Thank you, Grace, for another great goldie

Gassho
    Washin
    sat today