Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Treeleaf Members!

Calling all Treeleaf Members!

I need help for Treeleaf's Tenth Anniversary!

We are 93% completed for April 1, the first day of the Zazenathon, BUT we need 7 more 15-minute time slots filled by volunteers.

CDT time
    15:00-15:30
    16:45-18:00

However, April 2 needs a lot more help! I know it is a Saturday, so it is one of the worst days, but we need at least 13 more 15-minute time slots filled! (Shinzan is a back-up for two other slots that someone could take.) If anyone can help with these, please sign-up or PM me!

Please also look forward to April 3, and sign up, if you can!

Remember, you need nothing but to sit and post. Insight Timer or Google+ is optional! We just need you!

Here is the link to the sign-up sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DRg/edit#gid=0

Here is the link for additional information: http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...versary!/page3

Please PM me if I can help answer questions. Any time slot that I have signed up for, I am willing to trade for any other, if you can sit during mine more easily!

Gassho, Grace
    Sat today plus 10 more in honor of Treeleaf's 10'th Anniversary!
    Sat today and 10 more in honor of Treeleaf's 10th Anniversary!

Hi Grace,

I just filled a couple more slots for Saturday and Sunday

I will not be at home during the weekend, so I don't think I can broadcast, but I'll surely be using Insight Timer

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Mp
    Hello Grace,

I am slotted for April 2nd in the AM, but slotted myself in the PM on April 2nd as well for 6:30-7pm. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Hello Grace,

I am slotted for April 2nd in the AM, but slotted myself in the PM on April 2nd as well for 6:30-7pm. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Thank you, Shingen! Gassho ten times, Grace.
    Sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post
    Hi Grace,

I just filled a couple more slots for Saturday and Sunday

I will not be at home during the weekend, so I don't think I can broadcast, but I'll surely be using Insight Timer

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Thank you, Kyonin! Gassho ten times, Grace

Sat today

For April 1, we still need 3 time slots of 15-minutes filled!

CDT
    16:45-17:00
    17:00-17:15
    17:45-18:00

Just a very few to go!

Please, if anyone is wondering why I don't just fill in my name. . . I would normally with so few slots left!
    However, every Friday at this time, I play bridge with an 87 year old friend who I know would be very disappointed to miss her game. So, if someone could bail me out, I would be very grateful, and so would my friend, Jean!

Gassho, Grace.
    Sat today

Unfortunately I will be in a seminar at those times on April 1st, sorry. I filled in a couple of spots on Sat the 2nd though.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuden View Post
    Unfortunately I will be in a seminar at those times on April 1st, sorry. I filled in a couple of spots on Sat the 2nd though.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday
    Gassho, for all the times you are sitting, even with your hectic and somewhat erratic schedule! Thanks, Jakuden! Gassho, Grace.

Sat today

Nindo
    Maybe the folks who are going to sit the Zazenkai live could put their names in the primary slot?

Gassho
    Nindo
    sattoday

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindo View Post
    Maybe the folks who are going to sit the Zazenkai live could put their names in the primary slot?

Gassho
    Nindo
    sattoday
    Good idea and I will be at this monthly zazenkai and the following weekly if that helps. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

I will sit extra slots for $$. PM me to strike a deal.

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_

Quote Originally Posted by Jishin View Post
    I will sit extra slots for $$. PM me to strike a deal.

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_
    Jishin, you can almost name your price! Although, often, less is more, wouldn't you agree?

I'll PM you! Gassho ten times for this favor, Grace.

Sat today

Day 1 and 2 are covered!

WE ARE COVERED FOR DAY 1, APRIL 1, AND DAY 2, APRIL 2!

Thanks to Jishin for saving me for Friday evening!

Thanks to everyone for answering the call!

Gassho, Grace

Sat today plus 10 more in honor of Treeleaf's 10th Anniversary!

Hi Grace, I will look at the Saturday slots. Gassho Heisoku

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Hi Grace
    I ssigned up for 4 April (7:15-7:30 PM) and 9 April (6:45-7:00PM) I am on the West Coast (Blue Zone).
    Does that mean I actually sit on the 3rd and 8th.
    I a bit confused.

Gassho,
    Theophan
    Sat Today

Hello Grace,

Have begun filling my slots from April 4th - hope I've done it correctly - hats off to those who organised the timetable !

Gassho

Willow

Quote Originally Posted by willow View Post
    Hello Grace,

Have begun filling my slots from April 4th - hope I've done it correctly - hats off to those who organised the timetable !

Gassho

Willow
    That would be Nindo who created it and Jika who tweaked the time zones! Thanks for adding your slots!

Gassho, Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisoku View Post
    Hi Grace, I will look at the Saturday slots. Gassho Heisoku

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
    Thank you, Heisoku! Feel free to take any slots with my name, as I am filling in the odd slots that are difficult for people to fill! So, if any of them are convenient, insert your name, and I will be able to fill in or back-up elsewhere! Gassho, Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by Theophan View Post
    Hi Grace
    I ssigned up for 4 April (7:15-7:30 PM) and 9 April (6:45-7:00PM) I am on the West Coast (Blue Zone).
    Does that mean I actually sit on the 3rd and 8th.
    I a bit confused.

Gassho,
    Theophan
    Sat Today
    Thank you for signing-up, Theophan!

No, you will sit on April 4 and April 9, because that is the space under PDT (West Coast time) that appears across from your name AND the space is WHITE, so you are on the same date! (CDT is the standard we are using.) If you would need to sit on another date, then the space would have been either blue if you sit your date one day before, or green if you sit the date one day after. Whew!

It took me a while, too, and if it hadn't been for Nindo and Jika, I don't think I could have managed the schedule.

On the spreadsheet right now, I see you down for your dates and times below and this is when you would sit.
    April 4 7:15 PM -7:30PM your PDT date and time
    April 9 6:45 - 7:00 PM your PDT date and time

Thank your for celebrating! If you need to know when to sit, PM me and I will be happy to confirm your local date and time. And, if we unknowingly get it wrong, who's to care--we sat!

Gassho, Grace.
    Sat today plus 10 more in honor of Treeleaf's 10th!
    Last edited by Graceleejenkins; 04-01-2016 at 02:05 PM. Reason: pushed wrong button before finished.

Hi Grace

I have slotted some more times in; trying to fit them in around nursing shifts so they are a bit all over the place Will also sit some extra on the 8th so I can sit with Jundo during his mammoth session!

Can I just add that as a newbie to Treeleaf, and having never actually physically sat with anyone, this is a fab idea and it makes me feel a real part of the Sangha

Gassho

Karen
    Definitely sat today
    Last edited by MacK; 04-01-2016 at 05:31 PM. Reason: to say thank you

I signed up for a few slots Saturday and Sunday (some backup).

Gassho & Happy B-day Treeleaf!

Jen

Thank you, Grace. Your work putting this together is amazing and appreciated! I signed up for a few backup slots and I hope to fill in other gaps where I can.

Gassho.

Deirdre
    sat2day (with recording from last night's zazenkai. Happy Birthday Treeleaf!!)

Quote Originally Posted by MacK View Post
    Hi Grace

I have slotted some more times in; trying to fit them in around nursing shifts so they are a bit all over the place Will also sit some extra on the 8th so I can sit with Jundo during his mammoth session!

Can I just add that as a newbie to Treeleaf, and having never actually physically sat with anyone, this is a fab idea and it makes me feel a real part of the Sangha

Gassho

Karen
    Definitely sat today
    Karen, you are not a newbie anymore--you are a full-fledged, trial-by-zazenathon, member! We love having you participate so much in the Zazenathon! You are the present and the future that we are celebrating during Treeleaf's Anniversary! Thanks for joining in! Gassho, Grace.

Sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Deirdre View Post
    Thank you, Grace. Your work putting this together is amazing and appreciated! I signed up for a few backup slots and I hope to fill in other gaps where I can.

Gassho.

Deirdre
    sat2day (with recording from last night's zazenkai. Happy Birthday Treeleaf!!)
    Deirdre, thank you for participating! Gassho, Grace.

Thanks, Nenko and Heisoku, as always! You are long-time members and we celebrate as part of Treeleaf's history, present, and future! Gassho, Grace.

Sat today

Nindo
    Hi All,

I am going to delete the past days from the spreadsheet as we go along, to make it easier to see current slots. But I will keep backups so that at the end, we will have a full record of the whole time.
    Don't panic All is well

Gassho
    Nindo

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindo View Post
    Hi All,

I am going to delete the past days from the spreadsheet as we go along, to make it easier to see current slots. But I will keep backups so that at the end, we will have a full record of the whole time.
    Don't panic All is well

Gassho
    Nindo
    Sounds good delete away ... impermanence in action. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

There are still 6 open 15-minute slots that need to be filled for Day 4!

Hi, we are all covered for Day 3 tomorrow, yea!, but there are still 6 time slots that have not been filled yet for Day 4.

Each slot is 15 minutes.

Please look at the sign-up spreadsheet and see if you could fill any of them. It's fun!

Spreadsheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DRg/edit#gid=0

New to Treeleaf? Need more details? See this link: http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...versary!/page3

Or send me a Private Message at graceleejenkins!

Gassho,
    Grace

Sat today!
    Last edited by Graceleejenkins; 04-03-2016 at 01:35 AM. Reason: added links and corrected spelling of my name!

Hi Grace,

I can't help with the 4th April since I'll be out right at that time, but I put my name for the extra
    15 mins slot on the 5th.

Gassho
    Washin
    justsat

I am signed on for 4-12-16 at 2 pm Central daylight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

I am signed in for 4-12-16 at 2 pm Central daylight Tai Chi sat today Gassho.

Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Quote Originally Posted by Elgwyn View Post
    I am signed in for 4-12-16 at 2 pm Central daylight Tai Chi sat today Gassho.

Hi Elgwyn,

something funny about that time... I am sending you a PM to make sure you get on the schedule for the time you want!

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat today

Need sitters for Day 6, April 6

We have 7 slots of 15-minutes for Day 6 still need to be covered.

If you can cover any of these, please PM me or sign up on the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DRg/edit#gid=0

CDT times

15:45-16:00 CDT
    16:30-17:45 CDT
    18:15-18:30 CDT

Gassho, Grace
    Sat today

Hi Grace,

I have just signed up for the slot from 16:30 - 17:00 CDT (which should be 23:30 - 0:00 CET for me).

Gassho,

Daitetsu

#sat2day
    no thing needs to be added

Quote Originally Posted by Daitetsu View Post
    Hi Grace,

I have just signed up for the slot from 16:30 - 17:00 CDT (which should be 23:30 - 0:00 CET for me).

Gassho,

Daitetsu

#sat2day
    Thank you, Daitetsu! I didn't see this post until after I PM'd you, or I would have thanked you! And maybe not have given you so much detail! Gassho, Grace.

Hi Grace,

I am the one who has to thank!

Gassho,

Daitetsu

#sat2day
    no thing needs to be added

Need sitters for Day 7, April 7 for TWO hard-to-fill slots!

We still have 2 hard-to-fill 15-minute time slots for the fast approaching Day 7, April 7!

CDT Times

17:30-18:00 April 7 CDT

Gassho, Grace

Sat today

Hi Grace,

I've taken one but I think at that time of night I'll be hard pushed to manage a full half hour

That said, I will try to carry on so I've put myself in as back-up for slot 2 and if nobody else takes the primary slot I'll glug an espresso around half ten

Gassho,
    Libby

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post
    Hi Grace,

I've taken one but I think at that time of night I'll be hard pushed to manage a full half hour

That said, I will try to carry on so I've put myself in as back-up for slot 2 and if nobody else takes the primary slot I'll glug an espresso around half ten

Gassho,
    Libby
    Thank you Libby, but don't worry about that second slot. I will fill in if the slot can't be filled. It is at least a decent hour for me. Thanks for taking even the first slot! Gassho, Grace.

Thank you all!

Gassho
    Jika
    #sattoday
    治 Ji
    花 Ka

Sitters needed for Day 8

Hi, everyone!

Here's the sign-up spreadsheet link! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DRg/edit#gid=0

We need sitters for 4 more 15-minute time slots in our usual hard-to-fill hours for Day 8, April 8!

I know everyone will be tired after sitting for 7 days and then sitting extra with Jundo today, but we still want to fill this special day, if possible!

CDT times for April 8

17:30 -18:00 CDT
    18:15-18:30 CDT
    19:00-19:30 CDT

Gassho, Grace.

sat today
    Last edited by Graceleejenkins; 04-07-2016 at 09:32 PM. Reason: add sign-up link and plea!

Grace,

I am traveling and on IPad which won't let me edit spread sheet so if you can add me to the 19:00 to 19:30 CDT on April 8, I will give it a sit

Gassho
    Doshin
    Sattoday

Quote Originally Posted by Doshin View Post
    Grace,

I am traveling and on IPad which won't let me edit spread sheet so if you can add me to the 19:00 to 19:30 CDT on April 8, I will give it a sit

Gassho
    Doshin
    Sattoday
    Hi Doshin,

I'm in the spreadsheet right now, I can put your name in. 1900 - 1930 CDT April 8th. Grace please double check when you're in there... 4, 6, 8 eyes are better than two!

Doshin, thanks for giving a sit!

Gassho
    Byōkan
    sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Doshin View Post
    Grace,

Gassho
    Doshin
    Sattoday
    Doshin, thanking our for taking this slot! And thanks Byokan, for entering it! Gassho, Grace.

Need sitters for THREE hard-to-fill time slots for Day 9! The last two days!

Hi, everyone!

Here's the sign-up spreadsheet link! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DRg/edit#gid=0

We need sitters for 3 more 15-minute time slots around our usual hard-to-fill hours for Day 9!

CDT times for Day 9

19:30 -20:15 CDT

Gassho, Grace.

sat today

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceleejenkins View Post
    Hi, everyone!

We need sitters for 3 more 15-minute time slots around our usual hard-to-fill hours for Day 9!

CDT times for Day 9

19:30 -20:15 CDT

Gassho, Grace.

sat today
    Hey Grace,

That spot looks filled, but I did add myself to ...

April 9th 18:00-18:15 PST
    April 10th 16:15-16:30 and 19:15-19:39 PST

I hope this helps and thank you for making this possible. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

s@today

Need 3 sitters yet for Day 10, the last day!

Thanks to Shingen, Daizan, and Byokan for filling those slots for Day 9th!

For the last call, we still have 3 time slots of 15-minutes to be filled for the last day, Day 10!

CDT

7:45-8:00 CDT
    20:00-20:30 CDT

Gasssho,
    Grace

sat today

I am able to take the open slots in the AM, but had to move my PM time earlier, thanks Joyo I see you took one of them! Only one left now... the awesomeness of this Sangha is beyond words.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Day 10 is covered! Thanks All!

The final day is covered! Thank you, everyone! Gassho, Grace.

sat today

Kyotai
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceleejenkins View Post
    The final day is covered! Thank you, everyone! Gassho, Grace.

sat today
    Thank you Grace!

Gassho, Kyotai
    ST

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast