Thread: Sit at drunking alchoric.

Sit at drunking alchoric.

How do you think about druking time of sit Zazen?

Jundo sit Zazen when he drunk alchoric.

Antaiji All of member do not accept.

I DO NOT ACCEPT

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post

I DO NOT ACCEPT
    I do not sit Zazen when I have been drinking.

It is best not to sit under the influence of alcohol. Like driving, if I have had a drink, I wait until the head is clear. Otherwise I might lose my other license.

For the record, I may have a glass of red wine, maybe two, with dinner most nights, rarely more. I ain't 20 years old anymore. I do not sit Zazen after for many hours.

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday, clear headed.

PS - What made you think I sit while drunk or drinking? All we have at the Zazenkai is green tea.
    Last edited by Jundo; 02-11-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post

I DO NOT ACCEPT
    尊敬!座禅!

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_

Koran,

What is bothering you?

This is just the latest in a series of strange and increasingly aggressive questions/accusations.

I know Jundo does not sit Zazen after drinking. But I fear you may be drunk on misinformation that is being fed to you by some person or persons wanting to either dissuade you from coming here or wanting to disrupt the Sangha. All of your concerns and questions would be answered if you just sat quietly, followed some of the discussions and perhaps posted less. Just my opinion, mind you.

Gassho,
    Juki

#sattoday
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

Konan,

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...m-Intoxication

Here is a link to the forum discussion we had recently regarding refraining from intoxication, I thought you might find it helpful.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Really Konan, like the monks in Japan don't drink alcohol?

Look, this isn't about whether you drink alcohol 🍷 or not. It's about awareness, presence, the joy and ease of just sitting.

On the Antaiji website the abbot describes how after ceremony they have a party with drinking. Not sure, he may have been describing other temples and monasteries.

But I do agree that drinking can be dangerous and some can't drink at all . if it takes away your knowing then it's a problem.

Please don't rely on others for your opinions.

SAT today
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

A word to everyone here, please ...

Be gentle with Mr. K. You already are, but I sense some desire to protect me or Treeleaf. Be gentle here. Some may want to be responding sharply out of a desire to react, but I think Mr K is hurting a bit. A friendly smile would be better.

Gassho, Jundo

Hi Mr. K.

I have never sat in the same room with Jundo, but I know he is a ver measured man and keeps his practice clean as any of us. Perhaps you are chasing too many ghosts?

What about just go back to practice?

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post
    Hi Mr. K.

I have never sat in the same room with Jundo, but I know he is a ver measured man and keeps his practice clean as any of us. Perhaps you are chasing too many ghosts?

What about just go back to practice?

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Then who was that guy who looked like you I sat with in Washington? After that, I do remember we went out for a beer (only a couple) You might have skipped that part because of your carbohydrate thing.

Gassho, J

Last edited by Jundo; 02-12-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Seriously! Now you tell me? lol

Jundo/Kyonin, if you guys are ever in Tampa, we are like one of the US hotspots for craft beer! Not that I absolutely love beer or anything. lol

Gassho,

Risho
    -sattoday

Oh boy!

I totally forgot! The one who was drunk and tired was me!!

Ok ok, I correct myself! I HAVE sat with Jundo under the same roof and the experience was awesome.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Then who was that guy who looked like you I sat with in Washington? After that, I do remember we went out for a beer (only a couple) You might have skipped that part because of your carbohydrate thing.

Gassho, J
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Quote Originally Posted by Risho View Post

Jundo/Kyonin, if you guys are ever in Tampa, we are like one of the US hotspots for craft beer! Not that I absolutely love beer or anything. lol

Gassho,

Risho
    -sattoday
    Florida and craft beers? That does not sound right, I thought you were the land of margaritas!

Gassho

Doshin
    Sattoday

Quote Originally Posted by Risho View Post

Gassho,

Risho
    -sattoday
    No wait a second, I DID sit with you in Tampa, Risho. Don't remember no craft beer. I do remember it was hot.

I guess visits from me just are not very memorable.

Gassho, Jundo

Good morning..
    So easy to misunderstand intentions ...
    Should pretty much be a "judgement free zone". ... Imo.

Intoxicants...hmmmm...I do like a good glass of white wine on occasion, however, I stop at one.
    Besides precepts, etc... I just have this thing about not being in control.
    I would never want for my mind to be fuzzy at anytime...call it living in the moment, etc.
    I prefer clarity. At any moment our time could come, or that of a loved one...and I would want to be present...always.

Just my 2 cents

Best wishes and Gassho to all !

Frank

Still recovering from surgery, but still sat today

I remember meeting you Jundo!

sat today
    Daijo

Me too! And my memory is not great -) 😊

SAT today
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind

I find this thread bizzare

I never recall having any impression that Jundo had substance abuse issues or advocates sitting under the influence of anything except green tea.

I'm frankly concerned for Mr. K. What or who is influencing these accusations and why? It seems- abnormal. I'm sitting for all possibilities but especially clarity for the thoughts that get us ALL confused at times.

Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat today

Yes I actually had the thought as someone else mentioned that maybe his account was hacked! And if not, I wondered what/who is upsetting him so much. Mr. K if you are out there we are worried about you, are you all right?

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday

I think radio silence is best. Let Jundo handle it.
    Thanks,
    Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
    Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

I think that one misunderstanding is surely due to Mr. K.'s English ...

... was not "Jundo sits as a drunk alcoholic" but was meant as:

"Jundo sits Zazen when having drunk alcohol"

But the answer is "no, I do not sit when having drunk alcohol." Period.

However, if I did have an addiction issue ... alcohol or anything else ... I would sit as that, although not indulging that. As the AA teaches, I believe ... one is always an "alcoholic" although not drinking.

So, if one is an "alcoholic", please sit as an alcoholic, accepting and embracing that fact. Nonetheless, do not drink ... at any time ... whether during Zazen, before or after.

I might have a glass of wine with dinner or a beer with friends. However, if you are someone with a history of addiction, even one drop may be poison.

Gassho, J

SatToday Sober