Thread: February's Edition of Favorite Teachings honoring Treeleaf's 10th Anniversary!

February's Edition of Favorite Teachings honoring Treeleaf's 10th Anniversary!

Here is February's "Oldie but Goodie" in honor of Treeleaf's 10th Anniversary (recorded January, 2010).

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (Part I)
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...s-%28Part-I%29
    WARNING: Using headphones? Do note that there is loud noise in this video!

I've had many requests for this teaching as one of our anniversary commemorative re-editions!

Not surprising, it is also one of my favorites! As a beginner, this teaching gave me a "gut feeling" for what sitting was like, and nowadays I find myself remembering this teaching whenever the noise takes over in my life.

Jundo, how did you come up with this idea? (P.S. I know you like different fonts and colors! )

Everyone, please enjoy listening to the video anew, and share your comments!

Also, PLEASE send me your favorites (and the links and your comments) to post in the coming months!

Gassho, Grace.

Sat Today and 10 minutes more in honor of Treeleaf’s 10th!
    Last edited by Jundo; 02-09-2016 at 02:19 AM.

Kyotai
    One of my favorites!

Gassho, Kyotai
    Sat today

Hello,

Thank you for the lesson.

Gassho
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

This is a wonderful sit! Thank you for reposting Grace! This is just another reminder of why I'm still here after 7 years.

Kelly/Jinmei

Thank you for reposting, Grace.
    I was way impressed with the idea of mind-secretions blender when I watched
    it first time.

Here's one of my favorites

Gassho
    Washin
    sat-today
    Last edited by Washin; 02-09-2016 at 12:18 PM.

The best zen is so disappointing.

Gasho, Jishin, _/st\_

February's Edition of Favorite Teachings honoring Treeleaf's 10th Anniversary!

When I saw Zazen for beginners Part 1 the first time I was convinced right away Treeleaf was the place where I wanted to practice.

Gassho
    #SatToday
    Roland

Hah! The original version, now faded into emptiness, featured this hot wheels course that my son received from someone as a birthday present ... cranked up to FULL VOLUME! I think it was louder than the blender!

Gassho, J

SatToday
    Last edited by Jundo; 02-10-2016 at 03:23 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

The blender video impressed me a lot, more like "This guy must be nuts, but in a great way."
    Anyway, it led me to asking same guy if I could join Treeleaf.

It is one of my least favourite videos, because it is so loud, and so repetitive (and so true).
    The "Hot wheels" are a great analogy, spiralling thoughts...

One of my favourites is this one:
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...lf-No-Problem!

Probably because the garden is so beautiful and quiet.
    And because I like teachings being put in the context of modern science.
    (One could do that for the blender too, but no need.)

Thank you, Grace, for keeping up your idea of a celebration.
    I appreciate it a lot.

Gassho
    Jika
    #sattoday
    Last edited by Jika; 02-10-2016 at 08:13 AM. Reason: (missing link)
    治 Ji
    花 Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hah! The original version, now faded into emptiness, featured this hot wheels course that my son received from someone as a birthday present ... cranked up to FULL VOLUME! I think it was louder than the blender!

Gassho, J

SatToday
    That is sooooo funny! I never knew that! Now I will have two visuals to think of whenever I remember this teaching! Thanks for that insider view, Jundo! : )

Gassho, Grace

Sat today plus 10 more in honor of Treeleaf's 10th!

Quote Originally Posted by Graceleejenkins View Post
    That is sooooo funny! I never knew that! Now I will have two visuals to think of whenever I remember this teaching! Thanks for that insider view, Jundo! : )

Gassho, Grace

Sat today plus 10 more in honor of Treeleaf's 10th!
    The hot wheels dragon racer, by the way, was quickly retired to the high shelf in the closet. Despite my best Zazen, even I couldn't handle listening to it after 10 minutes.

Gassho, J

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

The dragon racer was a cry for help for some real toys and, by real, I mean video games and lots of them. haahahhaah

Gassho,

Risho
    -sattoday

Thank you for bringing this video back to our attention, Grace. I remember watching this years ago. For me, it captures something vital about our practice that I had kind of lost sight of over time. Just the simplicity and necessity of sitting in silence for a few minutes. When I first began practicing this is what struck me most. How noisy my world was, and how revitalizing it was just to sit quietly for a short period.

Gassho
    Matt
    #SatToday