Thread: Helping Rev. Kobutsu Malone

Helping Rev. Kobutsu Malone

Hi,

If someone has a few extra bucks and feels it right, Adam at SweepingZen posted the following about Rev. Kobutsu Malone. Kobutsu was very instrumental in uncovering the terrible situations regarding the years of sexual abuse by Eido Shimano and Joshu Sasaki, and took much heat for that.

---------------

Kobutsu Malone, a person who has worked tirelessly to address ethical issues within the American Zen community with his Shimano Archives and Sasaki Archives, is in ailing health and needs the community's support. Kobutsu, who is indigent, recently returned from the hospital having had some heart attacks and stroke, something he is no stranger to.

He is having great difficulty completing everyday tasks like laundry, cleaning, cooking. I spoke with him last night and was greatly concerned with what I was seeing. He told me he spent hours converting a document in to PDF form, constantly forgetting what he was to do.

Kobutsu is in need of cleaning services and also needs help with paying for medicines. Your support will go a long way toward helping a real friend to us all. I may create a GoFundMe campaign on his behalf at some point but, for now, please visit his Engaged Zen Foundation website and make a contribution (PayPal link at bottom right). Thank you!

http://www.engaged-zen.org/
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...id=69486424980

Gassho, J

SatToday
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-22-2015 at 03:03 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hello,

Quite a guy.

Thank you for the link.

Gassho
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Yugen
    He is here in Maine - a couple of hours north. Jundo, how do I get in contact with him to volunteer some time helping him out at home?

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day

Mp
    Thank you Jundo, will look into this. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

#sattoday

We will donate straight away.
    Thank you for the post.
    Anne
    ~st~

Quote Originally Posted by Yugen View Post
    He is here in Maine - a couple of hours north. Jundo, how do I get in contact with him to volunteer some time helping him out at home?

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day
    Yugen,

You can contact Kobutsu on kobutsu@engaged-zen.org

Gassho,
    Anshu

-sat today-

Thank you for the heads up.

I really like Kobutsu Sensei and the few emails we have exchanged emails he has always been kind to me.

I'll send help as soon as I can.

Much metta for him.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Apologies for I am confused. I went to link and saw no PayPal donation for Kobutsu. What do I need to do to get to the right place?

Gassho

Randy
    sattoday

Quote Originally Posted by Calm Heart View Post
    Apologies for I am confused. I went to link and saw no PayPal donation for Kobutsu. What do I need to do to get to the right place?

Gassho

Randy
    sattoday
    Hi Randy,

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of this page, there is a DONATE tab. My understanding is that, right now, the foundation is Kobutsu.

Gassho, J

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hi Randy,

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of this page, there is a DONATE tab. My understanding is that, right now, the foundation is Kobutsu.

Gassho, J

SatToday
    Thanks. That worked.

Randy

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk