Thread: Never Alone

Never Alone

I'm traveling for work this week and usually work travel is difficult for me. As much as I'm a major introvert who values his alone time, I feel lost when I'm alone and away from home and my normal routine. My sitting practice ALWAYS suffers. I end up not sitting at all.

This trip has been different. I put on the Zazenkai with Taigen Dan Leighton video the other day and I realized that, even though it was a recording, that I was not alone. I am never alone. The sangha is always with me. No matter where I go, Treeleaf Zendo goes with me. It feels like a game-changing realization. Instead of feeling anxious and lost while alone in my hotel room this morning, I just did 35 minutes of Shikantaza and felt the whole sangha sitting with me.

Thank you Treeleaf!

Yay! Yes, this place seems "built" for introverts, providing us with that human connection without sapping our life energy away like a group of live people can, lol. And since all time and place drops away when doing Shikantaza, I don't feel anything diminished when sitting with recordings either. We're all always sitting together, live, one-way, recorded, whatever.

Gassho,
    Sierra
    SatToday

Joyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra529 View Post
    Yay! Yes, this place seems "built" for introverts, providing us with that human connection without sapping our life energy away like a group of live people can, lol. And since all time and place drops away when doing Shikantaza, I don't feel anything diminished when sitting with recordings either. We're all always sitting together, live, one-way, recorded, whatever.

Gassho,
    Sierra
    SatToday
    How true, Sierra.
    And SonofRage (don't know your name) you are never alone, you've always got you. =)

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Joyo View Post
    How true, Sierra.
    And SonofRage (don't know your name) you are never alone, you've always got you. =)

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today
    My name is Sam. Is my signature broken? I've seen it not show up, but I thought that was for old posts.

I have also asked Sam to perhaps change his log in name to something less ... well, I keep thinking of Son of Sam!

We skyped this week, and I can assure everyone there is not too much "rage" apparent.

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Joyo
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofRage View Post
    My name is Sam. Is my signature broken? I've seen it not show up, but I thought that was for old posts.
    Hi, sorry it did not show up, but nice to have a name---nice to meet you, Sam =)

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

That will teach me to not be lazy and just type it!

-Sam

#SatToday

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Haha yes I keep thinking of Son of Sam too, guess that dates us

Gassho,
    Sierra
    SatToday

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra529 View Post
    Haha yes I keep thinking of Son of Sam too, guess that dates us

Gassho,
    Sierra
    SatToday
    When I had dokusan with Jundo, at one point he asked "your dog doesn't tell you what to do, does he?" Perhaps I should get my username changed. I have a Korean dharma name from when I took the precepts years ago, but maybe I'll wait to take jukai here next year for a Japanese name to change it to (unfortunately, it would seem I am too late for jukai this year).

-Sam

#SatToday