Thread: September 25th-26th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

September 25th-26th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

DUE TO TECHINCAL NON-DIFFICULTIES, THIS IS ONLY A PARTIAL NETCAST. SUGGESTED THAT FOLKS SIT WITH A PRIOR WEEK. ALL ZAZEN, WHETHER NOW OR THEN!

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast from 10am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 9pm, Los Angeles 6pm (Friday night), London 2am and Paris 3am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-26-2015 at 02:58 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Thank you Jundo, I will be there live two-way, but will wait and enter if there is a free seat. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

#sattoday

Hopefully I will be able to sit live two-way this week.

Sat today, gassho
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

I'll start with one-way to let others join live.
    Later if there's still a free seat I'll jump in.

Gassho
    Sergey
    sat-today
    Last edited by Washin; 09-25-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Mr. K. wrote to say that he has left his relative's farm and is on the road to Antaiji. He sent a couple of photo of the countryside around the family place ...

He will be sewing and sitting with us in spirit.

Gassho, J
    SatToday

I'll be here/there...

Gassho
    Daizan

sat today

I'll be there, one way or another.
    _/st\_ Shinzan

I will try to join live, one-way (as I'll be laying in bed)
    Thanks,
    Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
    Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

Joyo
    I found out, a few days ago, that I have pneumonia so I don't think I will be joining at all again this week. However, my Zen practice is still very much alive even though I haven't been sitting online at all. I don't know how I could have gotten through these last few weeks without it. Thank you, everyone, for this wonderful sangha

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Joyo View Post
    I found out, a few days ago, that I have pneumonia so I don't think I will be joining at all again this week. However, my Zen practice is still very much alive even though I haven't been sitting online at all. I don't know how I could have gotten through these last few weeks without it. Thank you, everyone, for this wonderful sangha

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today
    Geez, no wonder you've been feeling so awful! Take care of yourself and rest up

-sat(lay)Today
    Thanks,
    Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
    Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyo View Post

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today
    Sick or healthy ... rain or shine, we all sit and practice side by side. =) Feel better Joyo ... will dedicate my sit night for you, Kaishin, and all who are struggling with some health issues - may we all be free of suffering, may we be healthy and at ease in all our ills.

Gassho
    Shingen

#sattoday

Be well Joyo.

Gassho
    Daizan

Sat today

Will be present. Feel well Joyo!!
    Gassho,
    Caisson

sattoday

Ok, we are making some space in the Zendo to bring in all these sick beds!

Sit, recline, cough, moan ... all Zazen.

Gassho, J

SatToday

Will sit one way with you all.. you too Joyo, whether you are present live or not, "see" you there, and please feel better! Just recited the metta chant for each person here that I know has had health issues lately, and will sit for all those with medical problems tonight. My kids just got home from a walk for Juvenile Diabetes, their school raised a lot of money and supported their classmates with this condition, proud of them!

Gassho,
    Sierra
    WillSitTonightWithHandInTheAir

Just realized there is a birthday party for my cousin tonight. Will join later.

Sat today, gassho
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Eureka, found WiFi today on my travels so will join one way. Be well Joyo and Kaishin.

Gassho,

Randy
    Will Sit Tonight

Will be sitting with you one way.
    Thanks to whose who waited last week permitting me to join live for the first time.

Gassho,
    Marc C
    Marc Connery
    明岩
    Myo̅ Gan - Bright Cliff

I put the Monkey in Monkeymind

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    We have houseguests tonight. Will sit this one over the weekend.

Metta to all who are ill this day. Peace dear Joyo and Kaishin.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

I will try to sit two way if I can, if not I'll be one-way. I hope anyone not feeling well gets better soon.

Gassho,
    Laurie
    Sat Today

I'll be there with bells on.

Hope folks feel better soon. Just got over bronchitis myself and hope my chanting voice can hold out!

Gassho,
    Dosho

I will sit one-way today. That may be all my DSL can handle.

Gassho
    trish
    will sit today

Quote Originally Posted by Dosho View Post
    I'll be there with bells on.

Hope folks feel better soon. Just got over bronchitis myself and hope my chanting voice can hold out!

Gassho,
    Dosho
    Yay, glad you are back in action, feeling better and with working internet! A little coughing and wheezing during the Heart Sutra would almost seem fitting this week so don't sweat it

Gassho,
    Sierra
    SatToday

Can't seem to find the hangout.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Participating.

Gassho
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Mp
    I too am not able to get in, I do not see Jundo or the folks in the broadcast window either ...

Gassho
    Shingen

#sattoday

YouTube video is blank. Sitting anyway. Gassho.

Just sittin' here too.
    Ding ding ding

Shinzan

Me too. Where is Fearless Leader?

Just sitting.

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Try going to the treeleaf page on Google + and see if you can join from there, I see a hangouts icon

Sierra

just sittin'

Daizan
    sat today

That works--I got in, but no Jundo!

Mp
    Thank you everyone ... always nice to mix it once and awhile. =) Have a great weekend.

Gassho
    Shingen

#sat today in the vortex of the internet

Thank you all for practicing together. No eye, no ear, no Hangout, no mind.

Have a great week.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sattoday

Thank you dear Sangha

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Thanks to all, especially those few who ended up with me in the zazenkai "bizzaro world" hangout!

Deep bows.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thanks to all.

Gassho
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Thanks Dosho and everybody... didn't plan to sit two way, but got in there by accident lol... ended up being in the dark for most of it, then skipping out at the end because my daughter came bouncing in after getting home from an event. But a nice sit, nevertheless. What happened to Jundo?

Gassho,
    Sierra
    SatToday

Thank you
    I was there intermittently with my internet access functioning quite poorly.
    Sat today.
    Gassho,
    Jon T

It has been a very long while since we have had such a problem. But, when this happens ... just sit as that. No problem!

Such is the Real Teaching! The Best Zazenkai!

Gassho, J

SatToday

Thank you everyone.
    Randy
    Sat to day

Thank you all.

Good to see you back, Dosho, and a good recovery Joyo!
    I thought you were joking about coughing up your lungs

Maybe our computer or G+ needs the hospital wing too?

Gassho,
    Danny
    #satasthattoday

Fun sit. Bells, no bells. Thanks for the learning!!
    Gassho,
    Caisson

sattoday

No attachment to how things should be. Sitting with a black screen or not, we still sat together.

Gassho
    trish
    sat today

Hi guys.

I just sat zazenkai with no video here at home.

But sat with you all none the less.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Huh. Planned to sit with this today. Sat anyway!

thanks,

Kyle

Laugh for today, or I am laughing with/at me. I was sitting on a picnic table at camp last night and sat with the Zazenkai. Dogs started barking when a train came by, then a second and so on for at least four during the sit. Each time me telling the dogs quiet. Each time telling myself that I was watching one way and the mike off was not a worry...did not want to disturb everyone.Then today I see all these comments and wondered why I had no problems. But I then remembered that there was something familiar about last night. I took a look, Sure enough, I watched last week's thinking it the current one. Guess I need my reading glasses in the moonlight. ��

Gassho

Happy Trails

Randy

Joyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Calm Heart View Post
    Laugh for today, or I am laughing with/at me. I was sitting on a picnic table at camp last night and sat with the Zazenkai. Dogs started barking when a train came by, then a second and so on for at least four during the sit. Each time me telling the dogs quiet. Each time telling myself that I was watching one way and the mike off was not a worry...did not want to disturb everyone.Then today I see all these comments and wondered why I had no problems. But I then remembered that there was something familiar about last night. I took a look, Sure enough, I watched last week's thinking it the current one. Guess I need my reading glasses in the moonlight. ��

Gassho

Happy Trails

Randy
    Oh that's funny. Hey, the main thing is you sat =)

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Thank you all for this sitting
    Gassho
    Gi Shu= George
    Gi Shu -George

Finding an old one to sit for this week's zazen.

Gassho,
    Matt
    Last edited by Matt; 10-02-2015 at 01:35 AM.