Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for Yugen's Sunday Zazenkai

Yugen
    JUNDO NOTE: PLEASE READ FROM THE END OF THIS THREAD, NOT THE START, AS THE TIME HAS BEEN RE-ADJUSTED SINCE IT BEGAN. ALSO, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT A ZAZENKAI ON SUNDAY GUIDED BY YUGEN, NOT THE TREELEAF FRIDAY-SATURDAY ZAZENKAI.

Hello Everyone,
    I just wanted to update the start date for the Sunday zazenkai: we will start on July 26 instead of July 19 at 8:30 AM Eastern time US (GMT -5). I will send out G+ invites on Friday the 24th. Shingen will be serving as Ino/Doan - I hope you can practice with us. The format will be identical to the Zazenkai which Jundo leads on Friday night/Saturday morning.

Deep bows
    Yugen
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-18-2015 at 03:30 AM.

Kyotai
    Thank you Yugen

Looking forward to it.

Gassho, Kyotai
    Sat today

Thanks Yugen. I'll be there.

Gassho

#SatToday

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk
    Forever is so very temporary...

Quote Originally Posted by Yugen View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I just wanted to update the start date for the Sunday zazenkai: we will start on July 26 instead of July 19 at 8:30 AM Eastern time US (GMT -5). I will send out G+ invites on Friday the 24th. Shingen will be serving as Ino/Doan - I hope you can practice with us. The format will be identical to the Zazenkai which Jundo leads on Friday night/Saturday morning.

Deep bows
    Yugen
    I missed this message while I was away! Looking forward to it!

Gassho,
    Anshu

-sat today-

Yugen
    Hello all,
    We are on for our zazenkai tomorrow (Sunday) at 830AM Eastern time (GMT -5). I will set up the G+ hangout and send out invites later today when I'm back from work.

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day

Looking forward to it

..sat2day•合掌

Thank you Yugen and Shingen for your service. Thank you everyone for the sit

..sat2day•合掌

Thank you Yugen and Shingen and all who sat.
    Sorry for being my usual hour late - I calculated my daylight saving time against GMT-5...

Does Maine have more than one time zone, or would it be all right if I fed worldtimebuddy any coastal town to have appropriate EST/EDT?
    Thank you.

Gassho,
    Danny
    #satjustthis

Mp
    Thank you Yugen and to all ... was wonderful to sit and practice with you this morning. Enjoy the rest of your day. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

#sattoday

Yugen
    Danny,
    Maine has one time zone. You can set your world time calculator by Portland, Maine, Boston MA or New York City

The error was mine. We are GMT -4 right now.

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day

Thank you, Yugen.
    They are not that tiny after all, those time zones...

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Hi Yugen,

was it recorded, and if so, can we have a link here?

Thank you,
    Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today
    Last edited by Byokan; 07-26-2015 at 09:21 PM.

Kyotai
    Apologies, I did not get home in time to participate.

Gassho, kyotai

Yugen
    No worries Kyotai, see you soon.

Gassho
    Yugen

sat2day

Hello Everyone,

Deep bows
    Yugen
    Thank you Yugen. The Friday schedule for me is always changing. Sunday mornings are a great time for me. I look forward to practicing with all of you.

Gassho,
    Brooks sat today.

since i am the only one in Israel as far as i know. and we are GMT +2 here. in israel sunday is not a day off but saturday. so sundays dont work for me. even though i am not sure about any day since i work 6 shifts a week. and some times double shifts of 16 hours.
    but if someone would like to try and organize something on closer to my time i would be happy to join in sometimes

Gassho, Dojin (Sat today).
    I gained nothing at all from supreme enlightenment, and for that very reason it is called supreme enlightenment
    - the Buddha

Shalom, Dojin,

I am currently UTC+2 (UTC+1+daylight saving), and you seem to have IST+daylight saving, so you are UTC/GMT+3, one hour ahead of me.

But we are not that far away after all

I sit on G+ on Thursday evenings 20:30 till 21:00 my time zone, that would be 21:30 till 22:00 (9:30pm till 10pm) IDT.
    Maybe this is too late, or is not possible for you, but I would be really happy if you joined our small group sometimes!

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

PS: I hope both of your boys are in good health now.
    Last edited by Jika; 07-31-2015 at 06:27 AM.

Yugen

New Zazenkai Time Slot?

Hello all,
    We will not be having a Sunday zazenkai tomorrow (8/2) as it is the first Sunday of the month and this is the time when the Treeleaf Priest's Meeting takes place. Our zazenkai will return next week in the same time slot.

What I would like to do once we are in a rhythm is to ask for a (serious) volunteer to lead our practice (zazen and kinhin) the first Sunday of every month in my place. In this way we don't miss a Sunday - the only difference being the first Sunday of the month is zazen and kinhin without a service.

If you are interested in helping out please send me a PM.

See you all next Sunday.

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day

Thank you Yugen

Are there any plans to record these sits for later one-way sitting?

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Yugen

New Zazenkai Time Slot?

Lisa,
    As of this time I ha e chosen not to record these zazenkai as the one led by Jundo every week is the primary Sangha activity and we'd like the focus to be on that - it is available for participation any time. My zazen practice is like birds flying across the sky - they leave no trace......! I'd like the emphasis to be upon our teacher as leader of the Sangha.

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day

Lisa,
    As of this time I ha e chosen not to record these zazenkai as the one led by Jundo every week is the primary Sangha activity and we'd like the focus to be on that - it is available for participation any time. My zazen practice is like birds flying across the sky - they leave no trace......! I'd like the emphasis to be upon our teacher as leader of the Sangha.

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day
    Well, we are all Leaders of this Sangha.

These Zazenkai at various times are wonderful for folks who wish to sit live to suit various time zones. But if folks are open to sitting with the recording, they should join our Treeleaf Zazenkai each week.

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/forum...ENKAI-NETCASTS

Gassho, J

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

My zazen practice is like birds flying across the sky - they leave no trace......!
    O Yugen,

"Thou hast vanished from my reach
    leaving an impalpable touch in the blue of the sky,
    an invisible image in the wind, moving among the shadows."

-Rabindranath Tagore

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

I am interested in attending, please add me and thank you.

Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat Today

Yugen
    Hello all,
    We will be resuming next Sunday 16 August - I will be attending a family gathering tomorrow and away for the day. See you then! I anticipate a steady and clear schedule from then on through the fall season. Thanks for your patience.

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day

Enjoy the time with the family, Yugen!

I won't be there on 16th, will be visiting friends and their very energetic kids - looking very forward to it .

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Kyotai
    I am not seeing the event for this sit on G+

Gassho, Kyotai
    Sat today

Yugen
    Hi Kyotai,
    This event has not restarted due to my work schedule, which has been increased. I will work hard to resume at the stated time as soon as possible.

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day

Kyotai
    Hi Kyotai,
    This event has not restarted due to my work schedule, which has been increased. I will work hard to resume at the stated time as soon as possible.

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day
    No problem Yugen

Thank you.

Gassho, kyotai
    Sat today

Hello all,
    We will be resuming next Sunday 16 August - I will be attending a family gathering tomorrow and away for the day. See you then! I anticipate a steady and clear schedule from then on through the fall season. Thanks for your patience.

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day
    Hello Yugen,

Will this new time slot for Sundays be avaiable during the now on-going Ango period?
    Thank you.

Gassho,
    Sergey
    sattoday

I look forward to the alternate zazenkai schedule. Friday nights have always been for me, no bueno.

sat today,

daijo

Yugen
    OK Folks! Let's resume the Sunday zazenkai beginning this Sunday (9./20) and continue through Ango. I am adjusting the time to 7 AM Eastern U.S. Time, 11 AM UTC. I will send out invites on Friday. I hope to see you then!

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day

Hello Yugen,

The new time will permit me to join you most Sundays. Let me know if you need an Ino/Doan.

Gassho,

Shugen

#sattoday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Understood.
    Thank you very much for your effort, Yugen.

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Yugen
    Quote Originally Posted by Shugen View Post
    Hello Yugen,

The new time will permit me to join you most Sundays. Let me know if you need an Ino/Doan.

Gassho,

Shugen

#sattoday

Shugen,
    I'd be honored to have you join me. The next two weeks we are going to keep it simple. Robe verse, Heart Sutra, zazen, kinhin, zazen. Would you be willing to do the robe verse and heart sutra? We will go to a regular service in October. Ultimately we could trade the Doshi role back and forth if you like.

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day

Kyotai
    I'll be at an event Sunday morning but will join for 15 minutes if I can. Thank you. The more opportunities to sit as a sangha, the better.

Gassho, Kyotai
    Sat today

Thank you Yugen, if the Internet finds me I want to join.

Gassho,

Randy

Just a note that I changed the title of this thread, as some people were confused if we were changing the time for the Friday-Saturday Zazenkai.

Gassho, J

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

OK Folks! Let's resume the Sunday zazenkai beginning this Sunday (9./20) and continue through Ango. I am adjusting the time to 7 AM Eastern U.S. Time, 11 AM UTC. I will send out invites on Friday. I hope to see you then!

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day
    Please count me in, Yugen.

Gassho,
    Anshu

-sat today-

Shugen,
    I'd be honored to have you join me. The next two weeks we are going to keep it simple. Robe verse, Heart Sutra, zazen, kinhin, zazen. Would you be willing to do the robe verse and heart sutra? We will go to a regular service in October. Ultimately we could trade the Doshi role back and forth if you like.

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day
    That sounds good. I'll see you around 6:45AM Sunday morning. (Robe verse in English or Japanese?)

Gassho,

Shugen

#sattoday

Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Hello,
    Will we automatically get an invitation to this if we are on Google +? Getting up for this sitting would help me follow up on my (painful) Ango commitment not to sleep in on Sunday mornings!

Gassho,
    Sierra
    SatToday

Thanks for doing this Yugen.
    Gassho
    Ishin
    Sat Today

Thank you, Yugen.
    Gassho
    Sergey
    sat-today

Отправлено с моего Lenovo A680_ROW через Tapatalk
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Yugen
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra529 View Post
    Hello,
    Will we automatically get an invitation to this if we are on Google +? Getting up for this sitting would help me follow up on my (painful) Ango commitment not to sleep in on Sunday mornings!

Gassho,
    Sierra
    SatToday
    If you are in the Treeleaf G+ community and receive invites to the Friday/Saturday zazenkai, then you are all set! If not, PM me your G+ user id and I will make sure you get an invite.

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day

If you are in the Treeleaf G+ community and receive invites to the Friday/Saturday zazenkai, then you are all set! If not, PM me your G+ user id and I will make sure you get an invite.

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day
    I am and I do, so I will likely see you there! I may have to leave early however, as it is looking like I probably will have to go to work to take care of a patient that morning. Thank you!

Gassho,
    Sierra
    SatToday

Yugen
    Sierra,
    Looking forward to sitting with you.

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day

Wonderful, thank you Yugen and Shugen and everyone! It was great to sit with you all.

It seemed like my webcam was not working... it worked fine at the Teaparty, and I made sure it was not blocked or anything on the settings... anyone have any ideas why? I have rechecked everything and it is working fine on Skype also.

Gassho,
    Sierra
    SatToday

Thank you all for this opportunity today.

Sierra, for me, the sound quality was very good, but all the images seemed kind of frozen.
    Maybe many people using Hangouts at that time??

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

It sounds like this event does not happen yet on the first Sunday of the month am I correct?

Gassho,
    Sierra
    SatToday

Yugen
    This event does now take place on the first Sunday of the month - 7 AM Eastern US time.

Deep bows
    Yugen

sat2day

Oh, interesting, thanks you for asking, Sierra, and thanks, Yugen, for the update!

I saw the invite, and decided just to stand by and see what happens...
    (me nodding off is the most likeliest, but new day, new chance - maybe we can have some dog barks or other sounds, please )

CU,
    Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast