Thread: [Engaged] FreeRice.com

[Engaged] FreeRice.com

Hello, all,

Take a look at FreeRice.com. No money needed, just time and a little knowledge. It's more or less a quiz game, where a correct answer results in some rice being given to the hungry. Various organizations provide the money, and run ads along the bottom of the screen, which are very easily ignored.

_/\_

L.

st

Hi Luciana,

that's a nice recommendation, thank you.

Someone said about such games, one could invest one's time into higher paid work and donate that money, but not everyone has the possibility.
    Moreover, the site got me on "English vocabulary" and there were a few words I had to guess. So it may have educational purposes.
    (I imagine Kyonin putting all of his English students in front of that... )

If others like it too, maybe it would be possible to move it to the favourite charities??
    Just my opinion.

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Yes, FreeRice.com is educational too--many categories--vocabulary in several languages, English grammar, geography, art, etc.

"Someone said about such games, one could invest one's time into higher paid work and donate that money, but not everyone has the possibility."

Wasn't suggesting it as full-time work, just something that one can do in free moments that helps others and is kind of fun too.

L.

_/\_

sat2day

This is awesome! I had no idea this existed.

Gassho,

Risho
    -sattoday

This is a great site! Thank you Luciana!

Gassho,
    Brooks sat today.
    "The victorious ones have said that emptiness is the relinquishing of all views. For whomever emptiness is a view, that one has achieved nothing." - Nagarjuna

Yes! Nice vocabulary game! I have learned a couple new words there.

Now if only it was in Japanese too

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I'm ameliageika at freerice. I think we could be a group if there's more Treeleafers with logins there.

Gassho, sat today
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    I'm ameliageika at freerice. I think we could be a group if there's more Treeleafers with logins there.
    broahes is my username. I like that idea.

Gassho,
    Brooks sat today.
    "The victorious ones have said that emptiness is the relinquishing of all views. For whomever emptiness is a view, that one has achieved nothing." - Nagarjuna

I created a freerice.com group called TreeLeaf.