Thread: May 15th-16th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

May 15th-16th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast from 10am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 9pm, Los Angeles 6pm (Friday night), London 2am and Paris 3am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible on the following screen during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 05-16-2015 at 02:12 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    I will see you all there. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

#sattoday

Hi guys.

I have a book reading (of my own book) tonight. I'll have to sit this one tomorrow morning.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

C u all there!

Gassho,
    Anshu

-sat today-

Will be here/there.

Gassho
    daizan

sat today

I have a book reading (of my own book) tonight. I'll have to sit this one tomorrow morning.
    Congratulations, Kyonin!
    I hope it will go well for you, many listeners and many buyers. Enjoy the reading!

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

I will also try to be there tonight!

Gassho,

Sat2day
    Gassho,

Isat2day

Will try to be there!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Sat today

Joyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post
    Hi guys.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    That is great, all the best to you, please let us know how it goes

I will be there live.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Thank you /\

Gassho
    Daizan

sat today

Great weekend to all.

Gassho, Jishin, _/st\_

Thanks everyone; great to see you all! Great to see Mr. K back in the Zendo; he looks invigorated after his time at Antaiji!

Gassho,
    Anshu

-sat today-

Thank you everyone. Nice to see you Mr. K.!

Gassho,

Shugen

#sattoday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Mp
    Wonderful sitting with you all, thank you Jundo, Mr. K, and Shugen. Have a great weekend. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

#sattoday

I enjoyed my first sit with you all. Thank you to everyone and have a great weekend!

Gassho,
    Greg
    Gassho,

Isat2day

Thank you all very much.

Gassho,
    Ralf
    sattoday

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Antaiji 'fountain of youth'. ^^

Thanks to all.

Gassho
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Thank you all.

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Joyo
    Hello everyone, I am hesitant to post this here because to be honest I am embarrassed. I was so tired last night I ended up participating in zazenkai live for about 35 min. The last 6 weeks have been very busy for me. Last night when we sat down to do zazen it hit me how much I have been pushing myself and I started feeling sick. I logged off and fell asleep....for many hours. I apologize for leaving early.

Thank you to all for participating, Shugen for chanting, and Mr. K you continue to be a source of inspiration.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Thank you for participating fully Joyo.

Gassho, Jishin, _/st\_

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Jishin View Post
    Thank you for participating fully Joyo.

Gassho, Jishin, _/st\_
    Agreed! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

#sattoday

Jeremy
    Just sat to the recording. Thanks to all.

Gassho,
    Jeremy
    SatToday

Joyo
    Thank you so much, Jishin and Shingen. That really means a lot to me!!

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Joyo,

You should not feel bad at all! Always listen to your body.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Joyo View Post
    Hello everyone, I am hesitant to post this here because to be honest I am embarrassed. I was so tired last night I ended up participating in zazenkai live for about 35 min. The last 6 weeks have been very busy for me. Last night when we sat down to do zazen it hit me how much I have been pushing myself and I started feeling sick. I logged off and fell asleep....for many hours. I apologize for leaving early.

Thank you to all for participating, Shugen for chanting, and Mr. K you continue to be a source of inspiration.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today
    Hi Joyo,

Sometimes we push ourselves too hard and fall asleep. When he got into his later years, Nishijima Roshi used to fall asleep during Zazen very often. It was very cute.

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you dear Sangha.

Joyo, don't know what you're talking about, I just sat this and felt you were right there with me.

Shugen, beautiful chanting!

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Joyo
    Thank you everyone I've been sleeping so much this weekend, and resting, feeling much better.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today