Thread: February 20th-21st Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

February 20th-21st Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (New York 7pm, Los Angeles 4pm (Friday night), London midnight and Paris 1am (early Saturday mornin, Mexico City 6pm (Friday night)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Last edited by Kyonin; 02-20-2015 at 11:39 PM.
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Joyo
    Thank you Kyonin. My family has all been sick this week, so if I don't have the time to join live, I will sit during the week.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Will be here/there.

Gassho
    Daizan

sat-fellsoundasleepcrawledbackintobed-today

Mp
    Thank you Kyonin, I will be there live. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    I'll be there live if our internet access is up for it (service has been iffy with the bad weather).

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sattoday

=]\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\-=

^^^^^ Cat walked across my keyboard before I typed my response, thought I would share his "art" with you.
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

I should be here.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Sat today

Hello,

I also have more snow and ice coming my way this evening. Shingen is on standby just in case.

Gassho,

Shugen

Shugen
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

I'll do my best to be there/here.

gassho

Dave
    sat today

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by rculver View Post
    Hello,

I also have more snow and ice coming my way this evening. Shingen is on standby just in case.

Gassho,

Shugen

Shugen
    Got yah covered brother! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Snow?

What's that? That's only in movies!!

Oh wait...

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Tnx Kyonin,

will be there...
    SAT2day
    Kind regards

Erik

I plan to be there!

- Brian
    sat2day

Kyotai
    I'll be live

Gassho, Kyotai
    Sat today

Participating. Thanks to all.

Gassho
    Myosha sat today
    Last edited by Myosha; 02-21-2015 at 01:33 AM.
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Mp
    Wonderful job Kyonin and Shugen ... it was great to sit with you all. Have a fantastic weekend. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Thanks everyone...was a bit late as I had to pick up my stranded wife since her car wouldn't start! Glad to sit with all of you on this very cold night....-8 F last night, a record breaker!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Just sat

Joyo
    Thank you Kyonin and Shugen, wonderful job both of you!!

And thank you all for practicing.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    just sat

Thank you Kyonin, Shugen, and Everyone..

Gassho
    Daizan
    Sat-today

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you Kyonin and Shugen - rock stars!
    Thank you all for your practice.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sattoday
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Thank you everyone.!

Gassho,

Shugen

#sattoday

Shugen
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Yugen
    Kyonin and Shugen,
    Thank you!

Gassho
    Yugen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyotai
    Thank you all

Gassho, Kyotai
    Sat today

Thank you all who sat and will sit
    Welldone Kyonin and Shugen
    gassho
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

I am finding that my first response to wanting to go through Jakai this year might be premature. In reading so many posts, and knowing there is so much I don't know. I have overestimated what I know, and since there is no reason to speed up the process, I am probably going to wait until I feel more secure in my under of Zen, and especially Buddhist ideals to decide until next year to study for Jakai. The is so much in these posts that I would be better to wait until I know more. There is no objection to allowing me to be a member and read more about exactly what Jakai is. So for now I can read here in Treeleaf, and other sources before I make the final decision. There is just so much I do not know, and I'm learning.
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Elgwyn
    sat today
    Gassho

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgwyn View Post
    There is no objection to allowing me to be a member and read more about exactly what Jakai is. So for now I can read here in Treeleaf, and other sources before I make the final decision. There is just so much I do not know, and I'm learning.
    Elgwyn,

You are always welcome here, this is home. Take your time, we are all beginners, always learning, always growing. This practice never ends ... when the time is right you will know in your heart. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

SatToday

Thanks to all.

Gassho
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Thank you all!

Gassho
    Brian
    satoday

Again thank you for your encouraging words. I am cautious because I don't want to appear as one not committed to this path. My wife has suggested that I wait though she applauds my calmer appearance, and she noticed that I have a more realistic attitude about pain. She has suggested I rediscover my poetry and photography. I tend to dwell in health issues too much. The point is to lighten my approach to life. Nothing absolutely needs to be done in this moment. I am not needing to break any speed records.
    Elgwyn
    sat today
    Gassho
    _/\_

I don't know how to check the stream in G+ E, sat, Gassho.

Joyo
    Again thank you for your encouraging words. I am cautious because I don't want to appear as one not committed to this path. My wife has suggested that I wait though she applauds my calmer appearance, and she noticed that I have a more realistic attitude about pain. She has suggested I rediscover my poetry and photography. I tend to dwell in health issues too much. The point is to lighten my approach to life. Nothing absolutely needs to be done in this moment. I am not needing to break any speed records.
    Elgwyn
    sat today
    Gassho
    _/\_
    Hello Elgwyn, there is much that I do not know either. But this sangha is so welcoming and encouraging, I am sure you are on the right track (the breaking no speed records track) Enjoy your practice.

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Just got to sit with you all, thank you very much for this. I hope you all have wonderful days,nights eternities.

Gassho
    James
    Sattoday

Elgwyn
    sat today
    Gassho
    _/\_
    Hi Elgwyn,

There is absolutely no pressure or need to undertake Jukai if one's heart is not there, and being a good husband is the point of it all. To live as gently as one can today, learning about and Practicing the Buddha Way ... the ceremony is merely a cerebration of such. So, no need to feel any guilt. In any event, we do not begin Jukai preparations until the fall, so not something to be concerned about now.

Gassho, Jundo

PS- As to GooglePlus, Shingen has been helping you, and wrote to me that he will give you a brush up. There must be some step that is being missed.

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you very much for our practice.

Gassho
    Meishin
    Sat today

Thank you.

Gassho,
    John

Sat today.

Thank you!

Gassho,

Risho
    -sattoday

Sitting this now. Gassho, Matt

Thank you dear Sangha!

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

It is good to live gently---in each moment.

Elgwyn
    sat today
    Gassho

I was away for the weekend, so just sat this 'with' you all this morning

Gassho,

Anshu

sat today

Thank you all! Good job, Kyonin and Shugen!

The usual Jundokai is, of course, lovely, but it is great to know it can be safely left in the hands of our capable unsui.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    #sattoday

Thank you all very much.

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Yes
    Thank.you.

Gassho
    Elgwyn
    sat today

I have found a new home on the internet much, much better than Facebook--it is the welcoming people of Treeleaf Sanghs (Zendo) and I'm beginning to understand just what that means--encouraging soft words--care for those who seek. Thank you! Keep sending me links to G+ with my email, and I'll be sure to check my email more often.

Elgwyn
    will sit this evening--
    Gassho _/\_

Good to sit with you. Hope to do it live someday if I can get off work.
    Gassho
    Rodney SatToday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banto (aka Rodney)
    万磴 (Myriad StoneSteps)