Thread: Posture?

Posture?

To actually implement the task: "simply sit", has nothing to do with "postures". But if you involuntarily focus on the task "simply sit" .. and "remain in that" (= you »practice« simply sitting), therefore "without actually implementing the task" .. that has something to do with "postures" .. and artificial "states of mind".

Excursus: What is a "Sangha"?

Sangha = Kalyana Mitta
    Kalyana Mitta = Sotapanna
    Teacher = M.C. Gautama B.
    Dharma = shared endoperspective, based on actual experience
    Foundation for "actual experience": recogniced difference between the actual and the seemingly.

Task: Simply sit. Implement this task for a while, before you read further. Recognice: To "practice" simply sitting, is obviously not simply sitting. You need to understand the uncontrived difference and actual meaning of the task, then you are naturally able to implement this task actually, instead of "practicing" resp. "grasping" it again.
    » Neither focus .. nor practice «

Quote Originally Posted by thigle View Post
    To actually implement the task: "simply sit", has nothing to do with "postures". But if you involuntarily focus on the task "simply sit" .. and "remain in that" (= you »practice« simply sitting), therefore "without actually implementing the task" .. that has something to do with "postures" .. and artificial "states of mind".

Excursus: What is a "Sangha"?

Sangha = Kalyana Mitta
    Kalyana Mitta = Sotapanna
    Teacher = M.C. Gautama B.
    Dharma = shared endoperspective, based on actual experience
    Foundation for "actual experience": recogniced difference between the actual and the seemingly.

Task: Simply sit. Implement this task for a while, before you read further. Recognice: To "practice" simply sitting, is obviously not simply sitting. You need to understand the uncontrived difference and actual meaning of the task, then you are naturally able to implement this task actually, instead of "practicing" resp. "grasping" it again.
    No.

Gassho, Jishin, _/st\_

Dunno, and "I" (for want of a better word) simply sit. Nothing more to add or take away.

A moment of Sitting is a moment of a Kalyana Mitta Sotapanna M.C. Gautama B. shared endoperspective, based on actual experience the actual and the seemingly.

Now stop such mind spinning analysis, just sit.

Gassho, J

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Just read this post and it made me just want to sit. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sattoday
    Last edited by Mp; 02-16-2015 at 05:17 PM.

Yes Shingen and it's true that there's nothing one gets out of sitting, yet one gets everything out of sitting, yet there is nothing to get.

However. This morning I had a very early appointment at the dentist to get a new crown. I passed on the offer of nitrous oxide, deciding I would use that opportunity to sit. First thing. It is possible. That I found out. Second thing. The dentist remarked after the procedure that I seemed "really calm."

Terrific. But I would not like to try that with a root canal.

So now I'll go sit again in the usual way.

Gassho
    Meishin
    Sat today

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Meishin View Post
    it's true that there's nothing one gets out of sitting, yet one gets everything out of sitting, yet there is nothing to get.
    Yes! =)

And wonderful you were able to experience this practice in the dentist chair zafu. =)

There are times where this practice supports us through and through ... but it is also ok to ask for a little help from time to time - like when getting a root canal! YIKES!

Gassho
    Shingen

Sattoday

Joyo
    Shingen, Meishin, good advice, thank you Everything and nothing to get, yes indeed

Gassho,
    joyo
    sat today

Hi,

Sorry, my limited English is not enough to understand this post.

So I think I'll just go sit zazen.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post
    Hi,

Sorry, my limited English is not enough to understand this post.
    Neither is mine!!

elle

sat today