Thread: Sewing Taxes

Sewing Taxes

It's that wonderful time of year again when I have to get my financial term paper ready and make the pilgrimage to my accountant. Historically this has been a daunting, stressful, and completely unpleasant task. As I found the tension in my body rising this year, making my to do list for the preparations, I suddenly found myself as I felt when sewing. Nothing missing, all as it should be, just this moment. Thank you rakusu for this lesson.

Gassho
    Ishin

Sat Today!

Mp
    Yes, wonderful Ishin!

Gassho
    Shingen

Sat today

That is wonderful! Hopefully I will be as wise.

_|sat2day|_

I do much the same for lots of resisted and unpleasant tasks too. Garden weeding, tedious translation work, etc. Boy, it helps.

Gassho, J

SatToday
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hello,

A blessing.

Gassho,
    Myosha sat today
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

I used to mess up something at work yesterday, deleted an important and urgent file.
    First I thaught "No, I don't want to redo it, don't want, don't..."Then I thought, well, it is important, it is urgent, it is good practice.
    Was nice to think of all of you!
    Though, Ishin, I expected "sewing taxes" to be infected blisters on your fingers or something else scary...

Gassho,
    Danny
    #sattoday

Thank you, Ishin, for that reminder. This morning I began to track down down a "lost" rebate form for a printer. As brick wall after brick wall emerged, the blood pressure rose. Then I recalled this good suggestion and took a deep breath. No worse than ripping out stitches and beginning anew. One stitch at a time.

Gassho
    Meishin
    sat today

Joyo

Gassho,
    Joyo
    sat today

Thank you for sharing your perspective of life which is helpful to see mine in another way too.
    Gassho
    Miguel
    #Sat Today

That is lovely, Ishin. A great lesson that we can sew all of life.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    #sattoday

Ha! You're all so much more serene than I am. Yesterday I had a great deal of trouble getting a knitting project started and threw my needles across the room.

But I guess it's good that I picked them up again, unraveled the stitches, and started over. Successfully.

Gassho

Jen

ST

Quote Originally Posted by Nenka View Post
    Ha! You're all so much more serene than I am. Yesterday I had a great deal of trouble getting a knitting project started and threw my needles across the room.

But I guess it's good that I picked them up again, unraveled the stitches, and started over. Successfully.

Gassho

Jen

ST
    Well.. at least you are avoiding false speech

Gassho
    Ishin

Sat Today!

I can tell that I'm pretty stressed about some of the stuff I have to get done before I can file. Thanks for the thoughts.

Gassho

Sat today
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.