Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taigu's Dharma transmission

Nindo
    It doesn't really matter who said what last summer. We need to step forward from where we are. I hope we can do this together as sisters and brothers, TL and BMWCH separate but together, as envisaged in the thread about the parting.

Taigu, all the best for your recovery.

Gassho,
    Nindo
    sattoday

PS Lisa, thank you for your direct open words.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindo View Post
    It doesn't really matter who said what last summer. We need to step forward from where we are. I hope we can do this together as sisters and brothers, TL and BMWCH separate but together, as envisaged in the thread about the parting.

Taigu, all the best for your recovery.
    Well said, Nindo! Lets be here now and move forward. Glad we can talk about these things.
    So happy to see you here Taigu, do take care and get well!

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Hi,

Perhaps this might be the place to thank you, Taigu, for your Rakusu videos. I and others "Happily" followed your clear directions and somehow bumbled through. Without your instructions, I for one, would never have made it. I hope your health improves quickly.

gassho
    john
    sat today

Kyotai
    I too appreciate and could not have made it without your instruction.

Gassho shawn
    Sat today

Taigu's Dharma transmission

Congrats to both it was great to hear from you Taigu. Please don't be a steanger

_|sat2day|_
    Last edited by Troy; 01-01-2015 at 10:50 PM.

Looks like this thread has taken a right (as in proper, correct or positive) turn. Good to see you pop in Taigu, take care and be kind to yourself. I dearly remember our conversation in Washington. Your new website is very impressive. I was just a tad disappointment that you excluded affiliations with treeleaf in the bios. I look forward to seeing the video from Paris. My best wishes to all in their new endeavors.
    gassho
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

This thread has been alive for me. How a sangha (in its largest sense) sustains harmony and kind speech while still respecting the triggered feelings and needs of the individuals is an essential part of this life we are sharing. My morning metta wishes are:

May I dwell in the open heart.
    May I attend to whatever clouds the heart.
    May I be awake in the moment just as it is.
    May all beings share in this open heart.

Jus' offerin'. I hear traces of this same intention threading thruout this dialog. Thanks.
    _/\_ Shinzan
    Last edited by Shinzan; 01-02-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Hi.

I arrived here only a short time before the splitless split and stayed here because I very much share Jundo's attitude.

Still I wish all the best for Blue Mountain White Clouds Hermitage. May the Force be with you all. I admire your sincerity and I have no doubt you will all do well.

Gassho
    Aske
    SAT TODAY!
    ~ Please remember that I am very fallible.

Gassho
    Meikyo

I don't think I have anything to say that hasn't already been said here.

Except that this thread inspired me to give an old friend a call on New Year's Day.

Gassho

Jen

ST

It was nice to hear from Taigu, but not so nice to learn about his health troubles. I wish him wellness and continued recovery. Taigu's instructional videos and participating here have been very valuable to me learning about this practice. I rather liked having two teachers here, and I am frankly a bit disappointed about the turn of events, but I also understand that each must follow their hearts and go their own way when the time comes. One of many lessons in impermanence.

Gassho
    Ishin

Sat Today

Hello,

first I want to congratulate Myozan and Dainin with their dharma transmission and wish Taigu all the best.

Secondly this discussion pointed out for me how alive this sangha is and how alive zen is. As zen moves from one continent to another it changes, it will also change through time and from person to person, but the heart remains the same. I like Jundo's image of two ships sailing, although sailing together the waves, banks and currents will take them through other routes. These changes are inevitable and necessary.

I think it is good that we experiment and find our own ways. It reminds of something a former teacher of (Maurice Knegtel) me once said: "We have a lot of European Buddhists, but no European Buddhism yet". This online sangha is a very good way to find out how we keep contact and learn from each other in a modern environment. Once in a while we will fall, but we will get up to and move forward again. That is good.
    Kind regards

Erik

Congratulations and metta to Taigu, Myozan, Dainin, and all.

Gassho

Sat today
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12