Thread: Need volunteer book editor: Nishijima roshi book

Need volunteer book editor: Nishijima roshi book

Hi Everyone,

I translated a book by Nishijima Roshi that went out of print, and want to get it back into print by the anniversary of his death in February. I am sorry to report that the editor who had volunteered and was kindly working on it took sick, so I have have half a book to edit and rush into publication by then. (I hope he feels better soon, by the way). Unfortunately, so close to the deadline, it has left the project in something of a jam.

Actually, the book is not so dense, about 100 pages I think need to be done, and all that really is necessary is to check for spelling, typos and smooth it out here and there.

Anyone with professional experience in editing and a bit of time? Any help would be appreciated because the late debt has left me up a creek a bit.

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Jundo, I might be able to help. Let's email.
    _/\_ Shinzan

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzan View Post
    Jundo, I might be able to help. Let's email.
    _/\_ Shinzan
    Thank you Shinzan. Write me at jundotreeleaf[a]gmail.com.

I need to head to bed now, but will write with information as soon as I get up so you can see if you are comfortable with the project.

Gassho, Jundo

Jundo,

I would be willing to help out as well if you need. I am told I am good at that sort of thing.

Gassho,
    Dosho

I'd definitely be in if you need me.

Gassho,

Risho

I'm also willing to help. I'm not professional, but I was an editor of my college journal. When do you need it?

Gassho,
    Raf

Thank you all for your kindness.

Gassho, J

Lets do a Spanish version! I'll help

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Quote Originally Posted by Kyonin View Post
    Lets do a Spanish version! I'll help

Gassho,

Kyonin
    #SatToday
    That would be awesome.

There is an enormous lack of good zen resources in spanish, or I haven't found them.

Gassho,
    Walter.

(Having already Sat Today)
    Gassho,Walter

I just want to thank all our volunteers for your kindness and energy in offering.

Everything is back on track, and I hope to have this in print in time for the anniversary of Nishijima's passing.

Thank you all again, and I am sure there will be other opportunities when I may ask some of you for a hand.

Gassho, J

PS - Yes, Espanol!

Jundo,

Slightly off-topic, but I wondered if you had ever considered compiling/curating/editing some of your own work on TreeLeaf into book form...? The thought came to me as I was focusing on the Jukai/Precepts material. I started venturing further around/into the site and was amazed at both the volume and quality of the material available to us...

Gassho,

Bryson (sat today)

Glad to hear this is back on track. I have a copy of the old print version of A Heart to Heart Chat that I ordered used online some months back and have enjoyed it greatly.

I find it helpful to see how different teachers convey the dharma, even those from the same lineage. Toward that end, I would second Bryson's suggestion, and add the following for consideration:

I ran across an old thread from a few years ago in which Treeleaf tshirts were offered with the proceeds going toward something charitable. Perhaps a curated ebook of some of Jundo's talks/writing could be created in a similar vein.

Gassho,
    Matt J / sat today