Thread: September 26th-27th, 2014 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

September 26th-27th, 2014 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday mornin, Mexico City 7pm (Friday night)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Last edited by Kyonin; 09-27-2014 at 01:30 AM.
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you Kyonin, who will handling everything this week ... LIVE FROM MEXICO!!!!

I would also like to welcome Mr. K., the Japanese fellow who has been sitting in Tsukuba with us the last few weeks. He is going to try "two way" for the first time, although if he can't figure it out, it will be one way. I told him both are same ONE-TWO WAY.

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-26-2014 at 03:53 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Wonderful Kyonin ... I will be there for your debut. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Participativo.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

I hope to make it live, if not then I will see you all on the recorded.

Gassho
    Bobby
    Just Sit

I will sit with you all a day later

Kyonin

Gassho,
    David

I will be sitting later that evening. Thanks Kyonin!

Gassho,
    Jeff

I had a connectivity issue last week, but will be their 'live' whether I can connect or not; look forward to seeing you all.

Gassho,

Bryson

I'll be there. Glad to support that smiley-faced Kyonin.
    _/\_ Shinzan

I'm going to sit one way, because I will have to exit early. I'd rather leave the limited "Two Way" seating for those who can stay for the entire time.

Gassho,

Daijo

See you all then!
    Gassho
    C

Will sit with the recording. Thank you, Kyonin.

Gassho
    John

I'll be here.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Hi guys!

Getting ready for Zazenkai, but there's a big storm now. Power might fail, so please be patient if I have to begin a little later or if I suddenly disappear from the Hangout.

Dosho, please be ready to take over.

Hopefully the storm will pass before beginning.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Mp
    Sounds good Kyonin ... fingers crossed ... and legs! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Sounds good Kyonin ... fingers crossed ... and legs! =)

Gassho
    Shingen
    Haha...ready to rock!!

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Thank you Kyonin and everyone who sat. I was with you all one way until the end of Kinhin.

Gassho,

Daijo

Thank you all...have a great weekend!!!

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Mp
    Wonderful job Kyonin and Dosho, thank you ... was great to see a full house and to sit with you all. Have a great night and weekend everyone. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Thank you very much all. Kyonin, you did wonderfully. Dosho Thank you. Thanks to all sitting with this, and your practice.
    Gassho
    C

Thanks all, particularly Kyonin and Dosho; it looked like a full house

Gassho,

Bryson

Thank you guys!

And a very special thanks to Dosho for being Ino. I totally forgot to ask him, but he is a very cool guy and saved this zazenkai!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you all. Great weekend to all and to your kitty Kyonin.

Gassho, Jishin

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you Kyonin and Dosho. You guys rock! Thank you all for your practice! You guys and gals and others all rock too! ^_^
    Gassho,
    Sekishi
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Joyo
    Kyonin, I am sure you did a wonderful job. I may have a chance to sit for part or the whole recorded zazenkai this weekend. Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Gassho,
    Joyo

My dear gentle friend Kyonin,

Sorry I could join you live but sat with you and all on your first Zazankia as host. A joy well done I think!

With a bow to all

Love & Deep Bows

Zenho Taikyo

Thanks a lot to Kyonin, Dosho, and all who sat.

Seeing the same dance in a different timing let me understand how important that is, and how difficult to learn.
    I had never thought about that.
    Thank you very much.

Deep bows,
    Danny

Thanks to Kyonin and Dosho and everyone ,

Gassho, David

Thanks to all.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Hi Kyonin,
    I wil be sitting zazenkai today. Last night I had a freemason meeting and wasn't able to sit :-(.

Gassho
    Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
    Forever is so very temporary...

Sitting this one now. Gassho, Matt J

Thank you everyone!

Kyonin, (you may have already mentioned this, but I forgot), what's the name of your little Buddha? What a cute kitty!

Gassho,

Risho

Thank you Kyonin and Dosho and everyone sitting this.
    Gassho
    Heisoku.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Thank you Kyonin, Dosho, and everybody.

Gassho
    John

Thank you Kyonin and everyone sitting,
    Gassho
    Myoku

I have been moving, and I will soon have no Wi-Fi service. I will sit with the recorded versions as often as I can for this next month while I wait for my apartment to be ready, but I am mostly limited to a shared data plan, which YouTube eats for breakfast. So, still sitting with you all, just whenever I can. I will be doing zazenkai without the computer on Fridays if there's no other option. The forum itself is pretty easy on data, so I'll be around.

Gassho and gratitude
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    I have been moving, and I will soon have no Wi-Fi service. I will sit with the recorded versions as often as I can for this next month while I wait for my apartment to be ready, but I am mostly limited to a shared data plan, which YouTube eats for breakfast. So, still sitting with you all, just whenever I can. I will be doing zazenkai without the computer on Fridays if there's no other option. The forum itself is pretty easy on data, so I'll be around.

Gassho and gratitude
    Your with us, Amelia, and we are all moving with you!

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Kantai
    Thank you Kyonin, Dosho, the cat and everyone else!

Gassho
    Kantai

Muchas gracias, Kyonin!
    (Beautiful cat!)

Have a great week everyone!

Gassho,

Daitetsu
    no thing needs to be added

Thank you all for you kind comments

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Just sat this one.

Thanks to everyone.

Gassho,
    Walter.
    Gassho,Walter

Thank you all for this practice.
    Gassho
    Gi shu-George
    Gi Shu -George

With the next Zazenkai coming up tomorrow I realized I forgot to post on here once I sat this one. I just wanted to say wonderful Kyonin and Dosho. Thank you very much.

Gassho
    Bobby
    Just Sit

Thank you dear Sangha,

Gassho
    Lisa
    sat today

Gassho and thank you....

Daizan

sat today