Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September 19th-20th, 2014 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

September 19th-20th, 2014 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-19-2014 at 11:52 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I'll be there live

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I'll be there. Will be interesting to sit Zazenkai with this new seiza bench. Might bring a cane with just in case.

Gassho, John

I'll be there.

Gassho
    Daizan

And as I mentioned, I anticipate that there will be no Buddha Statue, I am feeling like going for a t-shirt and Rakusu, and I will even try to get this great Heart Sutra by Gary Dyson to play ...

A note to our Ino/Doan: All will be the same for the Ceremony up to the announcement of "The Heart of the Perfection of Great Wisdom Sutra" at the startless start, and your resuming with "Hannya Shingyo" at the endless end (at about the 4;30 mark)

Gary Dyson is a Tibetan Practitioner who is a student of Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse Rinpoche, the movie director. When I wrote him to ask, Gary said it was okay to "use the recording in any way that is beneficial. Share, play, give away, what ever. It is for the benefit of all."

http://garyazukx.bandcamp.com/track/heart-sutra

So, I will be playing the recording during our Zazenkai, as our Heart Sutra Recitation. Everyone, please come dance! Dance of Emptiness!

In case you are wondering, Gary is chanting what is known as the somewhat longer "prose" version of the Heart Sutra, so a bit wordier than what we usually chant, very close to the wording here.

http://nalandatranslation.org/media/Heart-Sutra.pdf

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-19-2014 at 12:13 PM.

I will not be able to make the 1 am sitting (Irish time).... but will dance and sit with you all 8 hours later.
    Gassho,
    David

Not sure about the dancing (maybe I'll dance on the inside...), but I'll certainly be sitting...

Bryson

Mp
    I will be there live too. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Joyo
    I will be there live. Looking forward to practicing with everyone.

Gassho,
    Joyo

I won't be able to make it live, I will be at work. I will be sitting with recorded when I get off.

Gassho
    Bobby
    Just Sit

I will be there. See you all soon

Gassho,
    -Jeff

See you there live

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

I will be there! A bit sleepy perhaps, but live

cheers and gassho

Vincent
    Ongen (音源) - Sound Source

Hi all,

I have to do a pick up for my wife about 30 minutes before start time and then get home to put the kids to bed, so my guess is that I'll join for the second round of zazen!

Gassho,
    Dosho

I'll do my best and perhaps I could join the second round of zazen.

Otherwise I'll sit the entire zazenkai as usual on saturday or sunday morning.

Gassho,
    Walter
    Gassho,Walter

Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
    I'll do my best and perhaps I could join the second round of zazen.

Otherwise I'll sit the entire zazenkai as usual on saturday or sunday morning.
    You really should sit the zazenkai as a whole. So should I, but I do like to let Jundo and Kyonin know in case they need me for something.

Gassho,
    Dosho

I will be on the road to see the family for the weekend. I will have to sit on Saturday or Sunday.

Gassho
    If I'm already enlightened why the hell is this so hard?

Joyo
    I will not be able to make it already. Have a lovely practice everyone.

Gassho,
    Joyo

Kyotai
    I will not be live. Gassho, Shawn

Dancing participant.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Joining now after some technical difficulties on my end. Gassho Matt J

Quote Originally Posted by Dosho View Post
    You really should sit the zazenkai as a whole. So should I, but I do like to let Jundo and Kyonin know in case they need me for something.

Gassho,
    Dosho
    So be it, Dosho.

I'll sit on Sunday morning then.

Gassho,
    Walter.
    Gassho,Walter

I just sat with you guys, but didn't get a hangout invitation, so couldn't 'join' the Google+ hangout... Oh well...

Thanks for sitting anyway!

Gassho,

Bryson

Mp
    Thank you Jundo and everyone for the shack, rattle, roll, and zazen! Have a great weekend. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Got my boogie on.

Thank you dear Sangha!

Gassho
    Lisa

Thank you all for your practice this night / morning. I had a good laugh dancing the heart sutra. It works, it's the right thing! hehe
    Hope to be able to join in more often live.

Gassho
    Vincent

Thanks for the dance

Gassho Daizan

Thank you everyone.

Gassho,
    Kathryn

Thanks everyone for the dance party!

Gazebo,
    Jeff

Dancing Zazenkai! What a blessing.

Thanks to all.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Whatya feel? Should we do the dance-Heart Sutra about every few weeks, once a month or so? More? Make it even our standard way. and the traditional way every other time or so?

We can also sometimes use one of the great Japanese versions ...

Hatsune Miku (初音ミク) is the first Japanese Vocaloid2 in the Vocaloid2 Character Vocal Series, the third Japanese Vocaloid created by Crypton Future Media, and is the seventh Vocaloid to have appeared overall; released on August 31, 2007. She is considered as the most popular and well known Vocaloid and the first to become a pop idol. The data for the voice was created by sampling the voice of Saki Fujita (藤田 咲, Fujita Saki), a Japanese voice actress.

Crypton had the idea to release Miku as "an android diva in the near-future world where songs are lost."[3][4] When KEI illustrated Miku, he was asked to draw Miku as an android and a color scheme to go off of (based on YAMAHA synthesizer's signature blue-green color). Crypton also provided KEI her detailed concepts, however, Crypton says it was not easy to explain what a "Vocaloid" was like to him, and KEI says he could not create an image of a "singing computer" at first, as he did not even know what a "synthesizer" was. It took him more than a month. [5] The digital design on Miku's skirt and boots are based off synthesizer program colours and the bars represent the actual bars within the program, following Crypton's idea. Part of her design seems to be based on Yamaha's keyboard model DX-100 [6].
    I will figure out what we can to to improve the sound too. There is a way to get the MP3 to play right in Googleplus next time.

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-20-2014 at 02:44 AM.

Hi All,

Ooh, I like the Amida Studio one. The second one is freaking me out, I will be seeing that bunny in my dreams I'm sure!

Gassho
    Lisa

p.s. but I like our regular way most!
    Last edited by Byokan; 09-20-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Wow, you guys really did dance deep bows to you all
    Not sure about those two techno sutras that Jundo posted I am a big fan of the Gregorian Heart Sutra from Throssel Hole http://www.throssel.org.uk/sites/def...06greatwis.mp3

Gassho,
    David

I think once in every few weeks couldn't hurt, Jundo!

Gassho

Vincent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all who danced and who will dance with us!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

What a great surprise first thing Saturday morning! Thank you, all.

Gassho
    John

Thank you everyone,
    Gassho
    Myoku

Oh yes.

Everything with Hatsune Miku is good

Gassho to our AI Bodhisattva,

Kyonin

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Whatya feel? Should we do the dance-Heart Sutra about every few weeks, once a month or so? More? Make it even our standard way. and the traditional way every other time or so?

We can also sometimes use one of the great Japanese versions ...

I will figure out what we can to to improve the sound too. There is a way to get the MP3 to play right in Googleplus next time.

Gassho, J
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

September 19th-20th, 2014 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Where did you learn how to dance like that Shingen? You got moves!

Thank you all for your practice.

Gassho, Jishin

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Jishin View Post
    Where did you learn how to dance like that Shingen? You got moves!

Thank you all for your practice.

Gassho, Jishin
    Groovy Jishin ... A little age regressive flashback of the 70's to get yah moving! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

One vote for Hatsune Miku. Hypnotic and sweet.

Gassho
    Daizan

Nice job as ino/doan, Kyonin

Thanks everyone!

_/\_

Ade

Thanks a lot, danced with you, what an experience!
    You've got guts, I felt so awkward...

Hm, could we ask Odo Warner to perform a version for us, please??

Buddha statue visible or not, I don't care, always visible.

Hannya Shingyo rap or our usual way - informal or formal...
    Form beyond the form and formless, if this cannot be danced, what can?

Gassho,
    Danny

Kantai
    Thank you everyone!
    How about this one?

Gassho
    Kantai

Just sat this one, thanks all.

I was about to suggest a Death Metal version of the Heart Sutra I found googling but didn't even dare to link it here. Besides, mosh does not go very well with equanimity, does it?

Gassho,
    Walter.
    Gassho,Walter

Thank you.

Gassho,

Risho

Thanks a lot for your practice!

Gassho,

Daitetsu
    no thing needs to be added

Thank you for the Sutra Dance. Love it!

Yeah, I'm gonna need to grab the mp3 of that.

Gassho

Jen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast