Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do we know…

Thank you Jundo,
    as you sometimes say there is a time to discuss and a time to not discuss. I thought this might be an interesting aspect of the teaching, worth looking at, but its ok to not discuss it.
    Gassho
    Myoku

How I understand Muchu setsumu
    I've come across this a few times now, and I've been wondering, what are all these satsumas (a small sort of orange) doing here?

Oranges seem to be very important in Zen.

Now wikipedia lectured me about the fruit production of the prefecture Satsuma.

Unfortunately, I can not have orange

All of Life is our Orange?

Gassho,
    Danny

Hi guys,

Have been sitting with this mind bending topic for a few days now.

One of the biggest teachings for me is our effort to perceive reality though reality is boundless. This means a lot to me because I understand my relationship with the universe depends a lot of my senses, background, emotions and all the skandas. All at once.

Based on this, the mind labels, classifies, catalogs, judges and stores information that affects how we see the universe.

While in zazen, all of that washes away for very brief instant. A helicopter passes by and it's just that. A cup is a cup, with no stories attached to it. Pain in the knee is only that, with no suffering involved.

Things are just there. Happening. And it's all wondrous to witness and see it all coming together as one single chunk of cosmic stuff.

Is either that or that I haven't yet fully woken up. Too early

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Quote Originally Posted by Danny B View Post
    Unfortunately, I can not have orange

All of Life is our Orange?
    Not sure if you made a joke here, Danny, however Muchu setsumu is a chapter in Dogens Shobogenzo
    Gassho
    Moyko

Gassho
    Bobby
    Just Sit

Myoko, thank you for explaining.

I was joking at my own phonetic association, caused by this thread (the video clip):
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...n-is-so-boring

So life can be layers of dreams, or as tangible as a tangerine. I guess.

Gassho,
    Danny

The Tibetans have this wrapped up. All phenomena is a projection of mind. Mind is a projection of mind as is Emptiness and Dogen, you and me...so is enlightenment and suffering. See Chandrakirti and Shantideva. _/|\_
    Sat today

Quote Originally Posted by dharmasponge View Post
    The Tibetans have this wrapped up. All phenomena is a projection of mind. Mind is a projection of mind as is Emptiness and Dogen, you and me...so is enlightenment and suffering. See Chandrakirti and Shantideva. _/|\_
    Though I believe this somewhat is nicely wrapped up, its still only one side of the no-sided coin. I believe even if its all projections there is suffering and compassion in this world. Just 2c of a deluded guy.
    Gassho
    Myoku

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12