Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: TRAVEL DIARY: DHARMA TRACKS Across AMERICA (7/16-8/26) & WASHINGTON RETREAT (8/9-14)

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Daijo View Post
    It was wonderful to introduce my first teacher (Jundo) to my new teacher Genmitsu Roshi. We really had a wonderful experience. After a tour of the Zen Garland Sanctuary I brought Jundo and Leon back to lovely New Jersey for a hike on the Appalachian Trail with a few other Zen Garland sangha members who could not attend Sunday services. We couldnt have asked for a more beautiful day to do it.
    Thank you Daijo for helping make this happen and all your efforts. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Wonderful Daijo! Wonderful!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Sounds like everyone had a great time Chuck.

I'm just going to sit quietly and pretend I'm not jealous

Gassho
    Seimyo

明 Seimyō (Christhatischris)

Information on our upcoming visits and Zazenkai ...

Today, Aug 6th, I will be meeting and sitting with Sekishi on a Civil War battlefield here in Virginia. We plan to sit some Zazen (it likely will be non-netcast this time) for Peace, Kannon next to Canons. Please sit with us in heart.

On this Thursday Augusy 7th, I will be with RISHO in TAMPA, FLORIDA (and Grace too). That will be netcast at the following times:

NEXT ZAZEN SITTING:
    THURSDAY Aug 7th: 90 MINUTE ZAZENKAI - New York 6pm, Los Angeles 3pm, London 11pm and Paris Midnight

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Tomorrow. I will be there in the sshadows as I still don't have a camara.
    "Know that the practice of zazen is the complete path of buddha-dharma and nothing can be compared to it....it is not the practice of one or two buddhas but all the buddha ancestors practice this way."
    Dogen zenji in Bendowa

Mp
    Thank you Jundo, I will sit in heart and then live with you on Thursday. =)

Happy travels.

Gassho
    Shingen

I'll try to sit live but one-way if my parental duties allow me.
    Camera and mic off.

For some stupid reason I haven't yet figured out. I don't feel comfortable being recorded.

Gassho,
    Walter

Jundo,

The Thursday one comes during dinnertime, but I should at least be there for a portion.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Yesterday, I was lucky enough to spend a few hours with Jundo and Leon. We toured a historical park that was both a working plantation and the site of a significant battle during the American Civil War (the end of the Siege of Petersburg) in which nearly two thousand lives were lost, and thousands more were injured.

The day was filled with moments ordinary and sublime. Ever present were those who toiled enslaved, those who suffered and died in a war six generations before, and those who are suffering and dying in wars in this moment. Victims of attachment to views, to greed, anger, and ignorance. Also present were the trees, grass, and flowers, sparrows, cardinals, and jays, innumerable insects both loud and quiet, finding homes in the ageing earthworks that one summer (not so long ago) were worth fighting and dying for. Life is. And it is tenacious.

We sat Zazen by a silent canon, on a restored earthworks. The earth beneath us was sun baked and extremely hot, my small mind turned it into a kind of minor hell (you can see it in my face, but not Jundo's). We sat with all sentient beings.

jundo+sekishi-pamplin.jpg

Thank you to Jundo and Leon for a beautiful day. Thank you all for being part of this Sangha. Thank you to all sentient beings.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    Last edited by Sekishi; 08-07-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Nindo

Mp
    Wonderful picture Sekishi, thank you. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Joyo
    That is a time when my kids are with me, so I will try and join, but may be interrupted somewhat.

Gassho,
    Joyo

Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    Yesterday, I was lucky enough to spend a few hours with Jundo and Leon. We toured a historical park that was both a working plantation and the site of a significant battle during the American Civil War (the end of the Siege of Petersburg) in which nearly two thousand lives were lost, and thousands more were injured.

The day was filled with moments ordinary and sublime. Ever present were those who toiled enslaved, those who suffered and died in a war six generations before, and those we are suffering and dying in wars in this moment. Victims of attachment to views, to greed, anger, and ignorance. Also present were the trees, grass, and flowers, sparrows, cardinals, and jays, innumerable insects both loud and quiet, finding homes in the ageing earthworks that were once worth fighting and dying for. Life is. And it is tenacious.

We sat Zazen by a silent canon, on a restored earthworks. The earth beneath us was sun baked and extremely hot, my small mind turned it into a kind of minor hell (you can see it in my face, but not Jundo's). We sat with all sentient beings.

jundo+sekishi-pamplin.jpg

Thank you to Jundo and Leon for a beautiful day. Thank you all for being part of this Sangha. Thank you to all sentient beings.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi

Saw the photo first and thought of the caption:

". . .here seen posing with 'Cannonballs-of-Peace'."

(the best kind of ammunition)

Thank you for the moment.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Very nice! Thank you for sharing.
    Gassho, Jakudo
    Gassho, Shawn Jakudo Hinton
    It all begins when we say, “I”. Everything that follows is illusion.
    "Even to speak the word Buddha is dragging in the mud soaking wet; Even to say the word Zen is a total embarrassment."
    寂道

This is great, thank you

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

This is such an awesome time for the sangha! Thanks for sharing these moments Sekishi!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Just beautiful! Thank you Sekishi.
    What an awesome photo

Gassho
    Lisa

Thank you, Sekishi, for a lovely day with Leon and me. Kannon-Canon.

Gassho, Jundo (on the train, about an hour from Risho and Grace in Tampa)

Thank you, Sekishi, and thank you Jundo for making these amazing Dharma tracks.

Gassho
    Daizan

. . I recently read two accounts of Shiloh, and would like to go to the site one day.

Please join our Zaqzenkai with Grace and Risho, about to begin ....

Gassho, J

Thus we sit, in The Sunshine State

Thank you dear Sangha,

Gassho
    Lisa

Mp
    Thank you Jundo! Risho, wonderful to see and sit with you and your family. =) I really liked the part in the talk when Jundo said, "In the middle of the storm there is the sun and stillness". Just like in life ... beautiful. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Great to sit with you all!

Gassho,
    Dosho

As always, great to sit with you guys!

Have a safe trip to the retreat and enjoy your time together!

Gassho,

Daitetsu
    no thing needs to be added

I will join you saturday morning.

Please wait!
    Gassho,Walter

Dear All,

This is just a reMINDer that our TREELEAF FORUM will be CLOSED to all discussion during the days from Sunday August 9th through Thursday August 14th so that all our attention and Practice can center on the Washington D.C. Retreat to be guided by Taigu. ALL SECTIONS of the Forum, except Private Message function (and certain administrative sections), will be locked to posting. A link will be provided soon where all of us can watch and join in the netcast sittings of the Retreat during those days.

Now is a time for Silence and Sitting.

Gassho, Jundo

"Know that the practice of zazen is the complete path of buddha-dharma and nothing can be compared to it....it is not the practice of one or two buddhas but all the buddha ancestors practice this way."
    Dogen zenji in Bendowa

Hey everyone.. I just wanted to post something about Jundo's visit to Tampa.

First -- I will be updating my avatar; it's back from 2011 after Jukai. For the record, I was wearing a tie and Rakusu because that was taken just after I took the precepts.

Those are not suspenders; that is the top part of the rakusu. hahhaha

Second -- I'm not a successful, country banker who wears ties and suspenders. I usually wear business casual in the office but, as Jundo and Grace can attest, I am quite casual at home. lol

Seriously, it was a great time meeting everyone. While I was waiting at the train station, I was getting concerned.. what if I suck at being a host? what if we don't have anything to talk about? just the normal neuroses I have...

But right after we met and started talking there is something very endearing about Jundo and his son Leon. Jundo is someone I felt like I knew for a long time.. it was like catching up with an old friend, and nothing skipped a beat.

It was an incredible time, and very, very cool. Words can't express how much fun it was. And that extends to Grace and her Great Nephew Alex. They are very, very cool.

Jundo also expressed how everyone he met in person were all so nice.

I don't know how to explain it, but I feel more proud than ever to be part of this Sangha and to share my practice with you all.

It truly is a gift, and I think that our sharing of such personal things such as our practice, and our sitting across space and time, no matter where we are, does not increase separation. I truly feel that it gives us a very unique bond which really engenders a trust and true connection that is just inexpressable.

Anyway, my only regret is that it ended so soon.

That was truly one of the best moments of my life.

Gassho,

Risho

P.S. One of the highlights was certainly giving Leon a quick history and look at old video games. Keep on gaming brother.. in moderation of course

Hi Risho,

thanks for hosting our Jundo and bringing us into your home! I thought they were suspenders too

Gassho
    Lisa

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Risho View Post
    Those are not suspenders; that is the top part of the rakusu. hahhaha
    Cool! So your rakusu can hold up your pants too? Lol =)

Quote Originally Posted by Risho View Post
    I truly feel that it gives us a very unique bond which really engenders a trust and true connection that is just inexpressable.
    This is beautifully said Risho ... again I send thanks to you for taking care of our beautiful jewels while they are on their journey. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Joyo
    Risho, I thought they were suspenders too They look so snazzy lol!!!

So happy that you got to meet Jundo and Leon.

Gassho,
    Joyo

Just sat Risho's zazenkai.

Thanks Risho and family amd Jundo.

Gassho,
    Walter.

P.S: BTW, I also thought those were suspenders.
    Gassho,Walter

A little informal Zazen in Washington DC with Kyonin, Mongen, Dosho and me before we all go our non-seperate ways ....

Last edited by Jundo; 08-16-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Mp
    Thank you for the morning sit, great to see you all. Safe travels to your non-seperate ways. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Hi You'All,

Our next Zazenkai will be from Georgia with Clark and Nengyo. Leon and I are now on the Midnight Train bound that way ...

Monday Aug 20: 90 Minute Zazenkai - New York 10am, Los Angeles 7am, London 3pm and Paris 4pm

Gassho Jundo

Last edited by Jundo; 08-16-2014 at 11:04 PM.

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hi You'All,

Our next Zazenkai will be from Georgia with Clark and Nengyo. Leon and I are now on the Midnight Train bound that way ...

Monday Aug 20: 90 Minute Zazenkai - New York 10am, Los Angeles 7am, London 3pm and Paris 4pm

Gassho Jundo

Awesome! See you there on Monday morning and enjoy the midnight train to Georgia! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Just sat with this. Lovely, bittersweet, but lovely.
    Thanks all.

Perfect song for the train ride

Gassho
    C

Thank you for the sit

haha, the shape in the foreground was... Leon?!

Gassho
    Lisa

Hi Guys,

An informal sitting with Clark, down here in Georgia. If anyone is so inclined, just pull up a Zafu and make yourself at home (said with Georgia accent) ...

Gassho, J

Mp
    Wonderful to sit with you Jundo, Clark, and the kitty. See you tomorrow morning. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Jundo,

I glad you and Leon made it to meet Clark.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I likes me a good zafuy
    tumblr_l7ttzkrcvW1qdsmndo1_500.jpg
    Last edited by Marjorie; 08-18-2014 at 01:02 AM.

Wonderful to sit with you and Clark and what a beautiful kitty!

Gassho,
    Jinmei

Our Zazenkai with Clark and Nengyo ...

Gassho, J

Sitting this one now. Gassho, Matt J

Mp
    Thank you guys ... was great to sit with you this morning. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Zazenkai continues endlessly ... next time from Spartanburg, South Carolina with our Alan R. is PROBABLY in the morning ... and nothing could be finer ...

NEXT ZAZEN SITTING:
    TUESDAY August 29th: 90 MINUTE ZAZENKAI - New York 9am, Los Angeles 6am, London 2pm and Paris 3pm
    (TIME SUBJECT TO CHANGE, SO PLEASE CHECK BACK)

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-18-2014 at 07:03 PM.

ooops... post overlap.
    This was supposed to mean "Gassho for the Nengyo-Clark-Zazenkai".

But of course, euphoria for everything else, too.

Gassho, Danny
    Last edited by Jika; 08-18-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Mp
    Thank you Jundo ... will see you folks there. James Taylor ... one of my favs. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

I think that's the first time I've seen a fist-bump at the end of a sitting.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast