Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TRAVEL DIARY: DHARMA TRACKS Across AMERICA (7/16-8/26) & WASHINGTON RETREAT (8/9-14)

Hi Guys,

Lovely here. The Maine coast is amazing, and Yugen's town is filled with green, and houses and stores in their 19th century buildings. So beautiful. Today, Yugen and I are having lunch with Zen Teacher Dosho Port, who just moved to this area.

Just to mention that Yugen and I are planning a second Zazenkai, in addition to tonight, this coming Sunday morning Maine time (which would be Sunday afternoon Europe time if any folks from there would like to sit in).

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-18-2014 at 02:45 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hi Guys,

Lovely here. The Maine coast is amazing, and Yugen's town is filled with houses and stores in their old 19th century buildings. So beautiful. Today, Yugen and I are having lunch with Zen Teacher Dosho Port, who just moved to this area.

Just to mention that Yugen and I are planning a second Zazenkai, in addition to tonight, this coming Sunday morning Maine time (which would be Sunday afternoon Europe time if any folks from their would like to sit in).

Gassho, J
    Wow, sounds amazing ... hope you don't mind that I live vicariously through you guys on this journey. =) Have a wonderful time with Yugen.

Gassho
    Shingen

Chances are I will be able to join on time today

Hi.

good to see that you guys are getinga long and having a great time!

Maybe we get to see Dosho Port on a Treeleaf zazenkai soon then?

Mtfbwy
    Fugen
    Life is our temple and its all good practice
    Blog: http://fugenblog.blogspot.com/

Yes, Maine is an amazing place to be sure. If you don't mind, take a look for my glasses when you are on the beach.

I've always wanted to live in New England, but it's never worked out at various times it seemed like a possibility. I guess that means I'm in the place I should be.

I'll be here for zazenkai tonight and Sunday!

Gassho,
    Dosho
    Last edited by Dosho; 07-18-2014 at 05:39 PM.

I've had it marked in my calender since Yugen mentioned it the first time!
    Will be glad to sit with you on Sunday (if I do the math correctly!! 2 PM CEST).

Have a great time!

Gassho,
    Danny

Thank you for sharing - lovely to see Yugen and Jundo sitting together.

Gassho

Willow

Yugen-zenkai

Hi All,

Our Zazenkai with Yugen is here ...

Mp
    Hello Jundo,

We lost you two and now can't get in, so will start to sit and hopefully connect in a bit. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

No sign of a live link up. I will sit with you all just the same.

Gassho
    Daizan

Same here...sitting.

Gassho,
    Dosho

I'm live one-way. Gassho
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Thanks fellas...a wonderful chance to practice together.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thanks Jundo, Yugen, and all! Gassho
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Mp
    Thank you Jundo, Yugen, and all ... was wonderful to sit with you. Have a great weekend. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Thank you Jundo & Yugen . Thank to all who sit. Hope to see you guys live tomorrow!
    Gassho
    Taikyo

Thank you Jundo and Yugen.

It's so amazing to have this technology that cuts through time and space

Gassho

Willow

Was there at Google+ Thank you Yugen, Jundo et all.

Seido Ed B
    "Know that the practice of zazen is the complete path of buddha-dharma and nothing can be compared to it....it is not the practice of one or two buddhas but all the buddha ancestors practice this way."
    Dogen zenji in Bendowa

Yugen-zenkai deux

Please join us Sunday for another Zazenkai with Yugen (who will be offering a little talk). It begins at the following times ...

SUNDAY July 20: 90 MINUTE ZAZENKAI - New York 8am, Los Angeles 5am, London 1pm and Paris 2pm

In the meantime, please enjoy Yugen & Friends singing a little Stormy Monday, accompanied by son on guitar (and cool old friend of poets Gary Snyder and Nanao Sakaki on bass) ...

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-20-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Some nice riffs there.

See you guys in the morning.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Yugen
    T Bone Walker version..... see you in the morning!

Gassho
    Yugen

Mp
    Wonderful performance ... and I too will see you in the morning. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Sweet video! I feel kind of like I'm on a road trip, too.

Gassho
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika

omg that was awesome.

Gassho
    Lisa

I had no idea Yugen sings! Not bad at all!

It looks like you guys are having a great time.

I'll have to sit the non-live version of the Sunday morning zazenkai.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Lovely - and thank you for inviting us into your living room Yugen.

Gassho

Willow

Yugen-zenkai deux is here

Our Zazenkai with Yugen is here this morning ...

Last edited by Jundo; 07-20-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks to all.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Mp
    Wonderful wonderful, great job Yugen! Thank you Jundo and to everyone ... it is was wonderful to practice with you this morning. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Thanks everyone! A beautiful practice to share.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thanks Yugen, Jundo and all who sit.

"going beyond our stories about ourselves and other's stories about ourselves" Wonderful!

Gassho
    Clark

Thank you Yugen and thank you Jundo. Wonderful Sunday afternoon - sorry if I disturbed jumping up about a minute before the end bell but I heard the sound of a bell from somewhere!!
    Gassho
    Taikyo

Thank you Yugen, Jundo and all.
    My data connection was a bit on the slow side some times, two browser crashes included.

That's the problem with online-zazen: "Are they still sitting, or has my screen just frozen and I'll be sitting forever??"

Gassho,
    Danny

Kantai
    This was wonderful, thank you everyone!

Gassho
    Kantai

Great coverage. May many trail angels speed your way. May all your plans turn into adventures.
    Shinzan

Quote Originally Posted by Taikyo View Post
    Thank you Yugen and thank you Jundo. Wonderful Sunday afternoon - sorry if I disturbed jumping up about a minute before the end bell but I heard the sound of a bell from somewhere!!
    Same thing happened to me Taikyo!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Quote Originally Posted by Dosho View Post
    Same thing happened to me Taikyo!

Gassho,
    Dosho
    Thanks Dosho. I have looked the recording and there is a distinct bell sound about a minute or two before the actual end bell and you and I are not the only ones that heard it by the look of things!
    Gassho
    Taikyo

Quote Originally Posted by Taikyo View Post
    Thanks Dosho. I have looked the recording and there is a distinct bell sound about a minute or two before the actual end bell and you and I are not the only ones that heard it by the look of things!
    Gassho
    Taikyo
    Oh yes! I heard it too. I did that "I don't know what to do now thing" and even went so far as to move my bench out of the way only to have to move it back. The funny thing was that I was trying to be sneaky and quiet even though my mic was muted. :-)

Gassho,

Shugen
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by rculver View Post
    The funny thing was that I was trying to be sneaky and quiet even though my mic was muted. :-)
    LOL ... You too eh! If I move slowly they won't notice. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Yugen
    I heard it too! My thought at the time was that someone had a meditation timer that sounded and microphone was not muted. No worries!

Yes, I do the "if I move slowly no one will notice" motion sometimes as well when I adjust posture. It is really instructive to sit with experienced folks - I noticed Jundo was still as a mountain during the zazen periods (I can hear him responding "but mountains walk in stillness....") . Other experienced teachers I have practiced with do as well. I am a "fidgeter" - so it's good practice.

Thank you all for your patience as this clueless novice fumbles forward.

Deep bows to all
    Yugen

We look forward to hosting you. Sorry for the abrupt change in plans, but such is life.

Hi Guys,

Writing from the train to Boston, which has wifi (We could almost hold a Zazenkai right here).

My gratitude to Yugen and his family. His wife is so good hearted, and his children talented and wise beyond their years. Yugen was just the person I have known for years. This was especially true last night when Yugen got up from barely a bite at dinner table to drive me and Leon to the hospital, as Leon had a sudden onset of the croup (I think that is the spelling). Leon is much better today, and the doctor gave us clearance to travel. It was one of the great times of the visit, in fact ... as lovely as the lakes and oceans that Yugen was so kind to show us these past days. You see, friendship is the most beautiful of all.

As I said, Leon is much better today although we will still take it rather easy. All systems go!

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 07-21-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Mp
    You see, friendship is the most beautiful of all.
    Yes, I believe this very much! =)

Leon is much better today
    Poor little guy, I hope all is well. I know his Papa will take great care of him. =)

Many thanks to Yugen and his family for taking such great care of our wonderful Jundo and Leon! =)

Enjoy your travels and be safe you too.

Gassho
    Shingen

Hello Jundo,

thank you for the frequent updates.

If any of you US Treeleafers can somehow make it, please try your utmost to meet Jundo or Taigu in person while they are in the US. Their generosity is very very great indeed and should inspire us to make more of an effort to meet them and the Dharma (either in our hearts or face to face ... or both ).

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Kyotai
    Yugen and family,

Thank you for opening your home not only to Jundo and Leon, but to the rest of Treeleaf.

Safe travels Jundo and Leon.

Gassho, Shawn

Thank you Yugen and family for being so generous with Jundo and Leon.

Much metta for Leon and safe travels.

Thank for keeping us posted

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Jundo,

I had exactly the same thoughts and feelings after my visit to Yugen's last summer. A beautiful place and a beautiful family.

I do hope Leon is feeling better and can enjoy Boston. If you can, check out Fenway Park. The Sox are out of town so it should be reasonably quiet over there (take the green line to Kenmore Square then walk over the bridge rather than the Fenway stop which requires getting on a particular train). Other suggestions: take the elevator ride up the Prudential building to the viewing deck, check out Faneuil Hall, and Harvard Square.

Gassho,
    Dosho

I'm happy to hear that Leon is feeling better and that Yugen and family have taken such great care of you! May you both stay healthy and safe and continue on your travels.

I've enjoyed sitting with you.

Gassho,
    Kelly/Jinmei

Yugen
    Jundo's visit was very special and both he and Leon's absence are keenly felt today.

You are my Sangha and my family. That pretty much sums it up. To those of you who are hosting Jundo and Leon in his travels. as Hans as said, embrace this experience fully. If you have the opportunity to take some time and join him en route, please do so. It's worth it. Jundo lives his zen practice - he has a ready smile, a sense of gratitude, and a sharp sense of humor. He does not do 'milquetoast' zen - don't be lulled into complacency in by the humor and wit - he communicates the essence of the teachings in way that is accessible and relevant to each of his students. That is the sign of true mastery. Our household, and my practice are both changed profoundly after spending four days with him. I'm glad we could share it with you.

Deep bows
    Yugen
    Last edited by Yugen; 07-21-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Very nice, Yugen. Gassho
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast