Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

Thread: Real name on Google+

Real name on Google+

Hi all,

Iíd like to join Google+ so I could sit live, but it seems you have to use your real name & info. Iím not comfortable doing this. Iíve googled all around to find out if it is really necessary, but havenít found a clear answer. My question is, am I just taking this rule too literally? Does everyone really use their real name? Surely they donít check, do they? But if I put a fake name, will I be messing things up for future use and get banned from Google or something? LOL yes, you can probably tell I am not tech-savvy.

Am I the last one on earth holding out?

Gassho
    Anonymously,
    But yes Lisa is my real name,
    Lisa

I use a fake name. My real name is this.

Gassho, Jishin
    治 Ji (Healing)
    心​ Shin (Heart-Mind)

That's funny, my real name is

Gassho
    Lisa

Hi Lisa

I have seen people use versions of their real name without problem so how about you use Lisa and the first initial of your last name? That way you would still be using your name but not giving sufficient information to find you. Even Lisa Treeleaf might work.

It would seem a shame for you not to be able to join live sits.

Gassho
    Andy

Hello,

For what it's worth -

A Google support worker has stated:[19]
    Google Profiles is a product that works best in the identified state. This way you can be certain you’re connecting with the right person, and others will have confidence knowing that there is someone real behind the profile they’re checking out. For this reason, Google Profiles requires you to use the name that you commonly go by in daily life.
    In August 2011, Google CEO Eric Schmidt was quoted as stating that Google+ was intended as an identity management service more than as a social network, and that the use of real names would be necessary for other planned Google products based on this service. He also asserted that "the Internet will work better if people know that you're a real person rather than a fake person".

Gassho,
    Myosha
    Practice with humility, respect all beings, avoid attachments, give rise to prajŮa from your own awareness, put an end to delusions - Hui-neng

HaHA! Lisa Treeleaf, I like that, sounds like perhaps I am from the Woodland Realm

Well that could be my answer, thank you Kokuu!

Gassho,
    Appearing soon at a zazenkai near you,
    Lisa

A Google support worker has stated:[19]
    Google Profiles is a product that works best in the identified state. This way you can be certain you’re connecting with the right person, and others will have confidence knowing that there is someone real behind the profile they’re checking out. For this reason, Google Profiles requires you to use the name that you commonly go by in daily life.
    In August 2011, Google CEO Eric Schmidt was quoted as stating that Google+ was intended as an identity management service more than as a social network, and that the use of real names would be necessary for other planned Google products based on this service. He also asserted that "the Internet will work better if people know that you're a real person rather than a fake person".
    Hi Myosha,

yes, this and assorted dire warnings on the sign-up page have me cowering in fear of... what? Making the Google Gods angry, or breaking the internet! Just trying to stay anonymous for now.

Gassho
    Lisa
    Last edited by raindrop; 07-03-2014 at 10:56 AM.

HaHA! Lisa Treeleaf, I like that, sounds like perhaps I am from the Woodland Realm
    And we will bow to you and all of your pixie kin

I can understand why Google would want people to sign up with their real names as the use of pseudonyms elsewhere has been responsible for the growth of anonymous attacks, trolling and bullying which many people feel less willing to do if attached to their real details. However, since your main purpose in joining Google+ is to join in with the live sits, I imagine most people here won't mind what you call yourself as long as we can identify it is you.

Gassho
    Andy

I created a separate Google account, just for Treeleaf use, for that very reason. Another thing to note is that the Zazenkai hangouts are recorded to YouTube. So, if you don't want yourself in the videos, best to not keep camera on, or at least use dim lighting, etc to obscure.
    Gassho,
    Kaishin

Quote Originally Posted by Kaishin View Post
    I created a separate Google account, just for Treeleaf use, for that very reason. Another thing to note is that the Zazenkai hangouts are recorded to YouTube. So, if you don't want yourself in the videos, best to not keep camera on, or at least use dim lighting, etc to obscure.

I did the same. I created an account as Nindo Patience (Nindo means "path of patience"). Sounds like a nice last name, doesn't it?

Hello Lisa,

Well to be honest if I may, if one is on the internet one's anonymity is not very anonymous. =)

Gassho
    Shingen
    倫道 真現

As a trainee priest, please take any commentary by me on matters of the Dharma with a pinch of salt.

Yes, this is obviously a group some watchful eye should have a closer look at: an international organisation with strange rituals.
    Certainly, if one replaces the kanjis by something else, it all means something secret.
    Even without replacing them.

What does the heart sutra mean read backwards?

(A koan in that?)

Nowadays, being paranoid is so easy - and realistic maybe too.

Gassho,
    Danny

Hello Friends,

Thanks all, for your insight and good advice! This has been very helpful to me.

Kaishin, thanks for pointing out the Youtube aspect, I hadnít even thought about that! Nindo Patience, I love your name Shingen, you are right of course, as usual! Danny B, itís funny you should bring it up... I did read the Heart Sutra backwards and, strangely enough, it is a Chinese takeout menu! Weird. Iíll have the number 23 with extra Mu Shu sauce.

Gasso
    Lisa

Hi Lisa, I have been on google for 1 year now and I use my real name. It's never been a problem. If an unknown person starts to follow me and I am certain they are not a fellow Treeleafer, I block them, as my account is for Treeleaf only.

Gassho,
    Joyo

Hi Joyo,

this is very good to know, thanks!

Gassho
    Lisa

Hi all.

I might be a weird guy, but I just go and use my real name. I have no problem with that.

But you can always create a new Google account with a fake name and you're good to go.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Please remember I am only a priest in training. I could be wrong in everything I say. Slap me if needed.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one. Mr. Spock

Quote Originally Posted by raindrop View Post
    I did read the Heart Sutra backwards and, strangely enough, it is a Chinese takeout menu! Weird. I’ll have the number 23 with extra Mu Shu sauce.
    LOL, I love this!!

Hi all

I am sure Lisa has now sorted this problem but for future reference I just read that Google has nixed their real name policy.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014...ir-real-names/

Gassho
    Andy

Hello,

Andy, thank you for the link.

Lisa, your wish is Google's command!!

​Gassho,
    Myosha
    Practice with humility, respect all beings, avoid attachments, give rise to prajŮa from your own awareness, put an end to delusions - Hui-neng

Quote Originally Posted by Danny B View Post
    Yes, this is obviously a group some watchful eye should have a closer look at: an international organisation with strange rituals.
    Certainly, if one replaces the kanjis by something else, it all means something secret.
    Even without replacing them.

What does the heart sutra mean read backwards?

(A koan in that?)

Nowadays, being paranoid is so easy - and realistic maybe too.

Gassho,
    Danny

This made me chuckle, thinking that google employees are thinking "What are those Zen Buddhists up to? World domination?" Its a funny, yet sad, thought.

Gassho,

James

Lisa, your wish is Google's command!!
    Dang! I should've wished for a pony. Or a lightsaber!

Gassho
    Lisa