Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

Thread: Google+ on Android?

Google+ on Android?

Hi everyone,

is anyone using Google+ on Android?

If so, please explain how!

I tried joining the tea party, but the app always crashed.

There was a post informing me about the upcoming event, but no possibility to join (without crashing).

As I do not have a web cam, and my headset of my laptop is obviously broken, this would be the cheapest solution to get things working...

Thank you. Gassho,

Danny

Hey there Danny,

Are you running the latest version of Google+ and Hangout? I have used them before and work great, but the new apps have Google+ and Hangouts as two different apps now.

Have a look and let us know if this helped. =)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.talk&hl=en
    https://support.google.com/hangouts/.../3118223?hl=en

Gassho
    Shingen
    倫道 真現

As a trainee priest, please take any commentary by me on matters of the Dharma with a pinch of salt.

Hello Danny,

If your Android device happens to be Kindle Fire based then G+ Hangout is not possible at this time.

Something about Google and Amazon.com arguing, "Mine's bigger than yours!", or something.^^

Have had good result borrowing Window and Chrome browsers once software is updated (see above).

Ain't technology grand?

Gassho,
    Myosha
    Practice with humility, respect all beings, avoid attachments, give rise to praj˝a from your own awareness, put an end to delusions - Hui-neng

Shingen, hm, I was already wondering why there was something called "Hangout" on my Android...
    So I actually need the two (not ONE?!)
    It was outdated, maybe an update has fixed the issue - I'll know when I try (somebody please warn the next tea party...)
    Right now, the Google+ app still crashes when I press Fugens invitation.

Myosha, it's a HTC Flyer, so no firmware updates anymore, but no Kindle.
    How is your workaround with Chrome?? Please explain.

Otherwise I need to get a headset +/- webcam for my very old laptop, very recently changed to linux (any hints what to buy, to minimize the trouble?? 2 USB 2.0)

Yes, technology is grand, without it I would not be here asking so many questions! (So, of course, it is a curse. )

Thank you for your help.
    Gassho,
    Danny

Hello Danny,

Mistakenly left off 'Book'. . .as in ChromeBook laptop which uses the Chrome browser.

Went to 'g.co/ChromeApp', followed links for Android download and told (again) "You have no devices."

The HTC Flyer could do it if it accesses Google Play store. Bon chance!

Gassho,
    Myosha
    Practice with humility, respect all beings, avoid attachments, give rise to praj˝a from your own awareness, put an end to delusions - Hui-neng

Hey Danny,

We can always try a test Hangout and see if we can figure it out ... let me know if that works for you?

Gassho
    Shingen
    倫道 真現

As a trainee priest, please take any commentary by me on matters of the Dharma with a pinch of salt.

Myosha, patience, please. And generosity with words, I'm still not sure if I understand you... You suggest installing the Chrome browser and using G+ from within the browser?

Shingen, that would be helpful. As I do not get hangout-notifications at all (neither in the app nor in the browser), maybe there is something wrong with my settings?
    How are your privacy settings in your profile?

Gassho,
    Danny

Hello Danny,

Yes, the Google (brand) Chrome browser app downloaded from the Google Playstore will allow access to Google+ app which will let you d/l Google+ Hangout app.

Hope this helps.

Gassho,
    Myosha

Quote Originally Posted by Danny B View Post
    Myosha, patience, please. And generosity with words, I'm still not sure if I understand you... You suggest installing the Chrome browser and using G+ from within the browser?

Shingen, that would be helpful. As I do not get hangout-notifications at all (neither in the app nor in the browser), maybe there is something wrong with my settings?
    How are your privacy settings in your profile?

Gassho,
    Danny
    Hey Danny ... I will send you a PM and maybe we can connect a do a walk through test. =)

Gassho
    Shingen
    倫道 真現