Thread: Mediation timer links: 404

Mediation timer links: 404

I'm writing an article for Macworld about meditation timer apps for iOS. I was planning on linking to the meditation timers on the site here, but they are not found. I have to submit today; if someone can fix this and PM me, I can still include the link; if not, I'll find another zen center with downloadable MP3 timers to include in my article.

Gassho,

Kirk
    -----

I know nothing.

Hi Kirk,

I do not believe we have them now as the technology became dated. All composite programs are impermanent.

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

#SAT TODAY!

Kirk,

I use this timer and I think there's a few other people from Treeleaf that also use it:

https://insighttimer.com

Gassho, Jishin
    "The Great Way is not difficult for those not attached to preferences. When neither love nor hate arises, all is clear and undisguised. Separate by the smallest amount, however, and you are as far from it as heaven is from earth." - Xin Xin Ming

Hello Kirk,

This is the one I use on my Android tablet. =)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.zazentimer

Gassho
    Shingen
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

As a trainee priest, please take any commentary by me on matters of the Dharma with a pinch of salt.

Yes, that's one of the one I'm mentioning in the article.

I'll post a link when it goes live; it'll probably be in a couple of weeks.

Gassho,

Kirk
    -----

I know nothing.

I use the Android countdown timer on my phone and have used an audio editing program to make the end sound be three gongs.
    I have also ordered a 30 minute hourglass. It should arrive this week. Let's see if sitting with such a gizmo works at all or if it disturbs the sitting. It has blue sand.
    Last edited by Thomas; 06-09-2014 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Added sentence about the hourglass

Hello Thomas,

Do you have a link to the audio editing program or Android?

Gassho,
    JOhn

The audio editing program is freeware and is called "Audacity". It is found at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/?lang=en
    The feature on my Samsung Galaxy S3 is the Clock. I use the Timer on it. I doubt if it is installed on the home screen or at all, so you have to find it in the programs.

Gassho,
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hi Kirk,

All composite programs are impermanent.

Gassho, J

Software Parinirvana Sutra?

Gassho,
    Juki
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

I use the alarm clock on my phone.

Kind regards. /\
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

I may be wrong and not knowing is acceptable

Thank you, Thomas.

Gassho,
    John