Thread: Lojong and Zen

Lojong and Zen

And yes while we are at it ...let's have more than a look at the latest book of Norman Fischer, a great poet and Zen teacher: Training in Compassion, Zen teachings on the practice of Lojong. A great take on an old Tibetan text. We had already the roar of Chogyam Trungpa. Now , we have priceless insights.Many fellows could certainly benefit from these slogans ( starting with me) as they point at a way of life where we stop manipulating reality, blame and control others and totally surrender to what is. The great thing about Norman Fischer is that he is beyond all isms.

And a great thank you to Taikyo for pointing at this gem.

Gassho to all
    And good slogan practice!

Old fool

Thank you, T. I have been meaning to read this for awhile. I will added it to our recommended reading list as well.

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...REELEAF-SANGHA

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Taigu,

I love this book because lojong is one aspect of my Tibetan training I have not left behind and Norman deals with the seven points of mind training brilliantly. The slogans are so helpful for me as they often pop into my head when I am going through a hard time or just when they are needed. Takes a while of training with them for them to become internalised but I can greatly recommend it. As well as Norman Fischer's take from a Zen perspective, Chögyam Trugpa, Pema Chödrön and many others have written great books on the subject.

For those who are interested, this website has a comparison of the various translations of the text and slogans: http://lojongmindtraining.com/

Gassho
    Andy

Hello Andy,

thank you for the interesting link...sigh...yet another book How blessed we are with having access to so many precious teachings!

Gassho,

Hans Chudo Mongen

Hello Taigu,

Thanks a lot for this book recommendation - I started reading today.
    A book to practice with...

Gassho,

Daitetsu
    no thing needs to be added

Joyo
    Where one stops manipulating reality, that sounds like a good read. Thank you for the book suggestion, Taigu.

Gassho,
    Joyo

Going to have to check this one out! Many thanks, Taigu!

Gassho,
    Tim
    "The moment has priority". ~ Bon Haeng

Hello,

Great links. Thank you.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

The mind creates 'reality' so manipulating it isn't so big a deal. We do it all the time. Just most of the time we don't realise it .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Sat today

Where is the mind?
    Don't know. Seem to have lost mine. It's got to be around here somewhere...

Gassho
    Lisa

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Jishin View Post
    Where is the mind?

Gassho, Jishin
    Everywhere, yet nowhere. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

My favorite slogan is "drive all blame into one." Sigh, so true.
    _/\_