Thread: Jundo in Toronto

Jundo in Toronto

Jundo has said it is workable to include Toronto on his whistle stop tour this summer. However, asking him to make that Canadian leg needs some Canadian Treeleafers to meet up with him.

Are there any people in the region who would like to meet with one of our teachers in Toronto? If so please post here that you are interested. A time and date can be set as the tour takes shape.

Thank you Daizan

Hi Daizan,

It would be lovely if something like this could come together as part of the whistle stop. Here is the whole description of the trip ...

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...%28Aug-9-14%29

Let me mention that the most likely window for me to get to Toronto would be probably somewhere during the last week of July more or less, probably sometime after July 22nd or so. I can pick a day or days in that window that fits peoples schedule a bit, because I have some flexibility right now.

Lovely if it can happen.

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hi Daizan,

I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with Jundo if this could be arranged.

Thanks to both you for asking and Jundo for possibly accommodating,
    Morgan

Mprgan;
    Where are you located?
    gassho

gassho, Shokai, still learning the way and knowing nothing.
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

I would be excited to meet, as I am only an hour west of Toronto.
    Gassho, Jakudo
    Gassho, Shawn Jakudo Hinton
    It all begins when we say, “I”. Everything that follows is illusion.
    "Even to speak the word Buddha is dragging in the mud soaking wet; Even to say the word Zen is a total embarrassment."
    寂道

Hi Shokai,

I'm located in Hamilton, most of the time. Except during business hours, then I'm in Toronto.

Gassho, Morgan

Hi Shokai, Jakudo and Morgan. At this point we are looking at Shokai picking up Jundo in Niagara, which is convenient for people in Southwestern Ontario. This makes the extra expense and time of a train trip to Toronto unnecessary. From there we have some good options and time to decide. It will be beautiful in Niagara at that time of year so maybe having a meetup there would be nice ? let's keep in touch by PM as things firm up. Gassho Daizan

Kyotai
    I am in Mallorytown, 3 hours east of Toronto.

When a firm date is established, I will look into booking a few days off to set aside in case Jundo is late or early by a day.

I would be greatful for the opportunity.

Please keep me in the loop. I am not 100% committed as I need to line up with work, but my wife has given me the go ahead, so child care is not a problem.

Gassho

Shawn

Hey Guys,

Just an update ... we will not be in Toronto, but will be in Niagara Falls, Cananda side, on 7/29 and part of 7/30.

I will have an update on the whole train trip in July and August, and Taigu's Washington Sesshin, soon. Let me just say we will be seeing many good folks from Maine to Florida, Georgia to New Jersey to Chicago. I was able to string together visits with about 80% of the people who offered ... and I am still trying to fit in one or two more somehow. Not so easy with Amtrak's crazy routes and schedules.

Gassho, J
    Last edited by Jundo; 05-10-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Kyotai
    Niagara Falls works for me as well.

Gassho

Shawn

Joyo
    Is there a chance you will be in Saskatchewan, Jundo

Gassho,
    Joyo

Gassho
    C
    Last edited by Ishin; 05-10-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post

Gassho
    C
    And that is our lesson in nonviolence for today!

Gassho, J

Kyotai
    I wasn't able to get the 29th off due to others being on vacation that week. I still may be able to attend if I can find a coworker who will switch shifts with me. I will not be back to work until 3rd week of June from my parental leave so it may be a last minute thing but I will do everything I can to take part.

Gassho

Shawn

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hope to see you there Shawn

合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

Ú

合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you all know that I got my passport in the mail, so I will be joining Jundo on the Canadian leg of his North America tour!

Looking forward to it!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Kyotai
    That's great Dosho!

Gassho, Shawn