Thread: March 28th-29th, 2014 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

March 28th-29th, 2014 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Re-MINDer: We are also having our REDUX Zazenkai with Daiho Hilbert during Sunday!

NOTE: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS HAS NOT YET CHANGED IN EUROPE. THAT WILL HAPPEN SUNDAY 3/30

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London midnight and Paris 1am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 03-28-2014 at 11:47 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Wonderful, I will be there live. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

I'll be there as well!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I will be there live.

Gassho,
    Juki
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

See you there

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

As I have to get up early tomorrow I think it would not be a good idea to attend live.
    Although I'd really, really like to come, since this is probably my last opportunity for a live zazenkai for quite some time - with daylight saving time in effect next week I'd have to begin at 2 am instead of 1 am...

I will sit with all of you in some way even if you don't see me (you are in my thoughts anyway).

Gassho,

Daitetsu
    no thing needs to be added

Count me in. _()_
    Shinzan

Paticipating.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Thank you everyone. That was another great Zazenkai. Have a great weekend.

Gassho,
    Juki
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

Mp
    Thank you everyone, was wonderful to sit with you all. Have a great weekend. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Thanks to all.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you everyone. I had no idea how much I needed this today until we began. Thank you all so much for your practice. Beautiful. _/|\_
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Thank you, enjoy your weekend

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Joyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    Thank you everyone. I had no idea how much I needed this today until we began. Thank you all so much for your practice. Beautiful. _/|\_
    I can relate Sekishi, it was the perfect time for me also. It is so wonderful that we can all share this practice together!

Gassho,
    Joyo

Gassho,
    Dosho

Thank you all for your practice and thanks to all who sat and will sit. Have a great weekend
    Gassho
    Taikyo

Thank you all who sat / will sit.

Have a great weekend!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Kantai
    Great sitting

Gassho
    Kantai