Thread: A life and two deaths

A life and two deaths

My wife's cousin and her step-dad both passed suddenly last week. Their deaths were unexpected with no previous signs of medical issues. Her step-dad died after having three massive heart attacks within a few hours and her cousin died while driving his car to work for reasons the doctors don't know yet. They were both regularly involved in our lives and their deaths were both shocking and sad.

Having a daughter born the week before combined with their deaths has made the last couple weeks a roller coaster of emotions for my family.

Life is so beautiful. It is a gift given to us freely. Why we were given this gift is a mystery to me, but what a blessing!

We are like a wave riding on the ocean of existence. We will crash on the shore someday and when we do, we return to the ocean and become the water we already are. There is no reason for it, just the experience to enjoy.
    Last edited by Troy; 03-21-2014 at 12:17 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for the lesson.

Metta to all.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

A wave just sending Metta to another one, may you and your family be well

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

We will sit for your family, and those who enter and those who leave ... beyond entrance and exit, of course!

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Entering and leaving this world ... both beauty and sadness at the same time. Much metta to you and your family Troy.

Gassho
    Shingen

Thank you for the thoughts. It is encouraging. ☺️

This is a bueatiful lesson.

--Washu
    和 Harmony
    秀 Excellence

"Trying to be happy by accumulating possessions is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping sandwiches all over your body" George Carlin Roshi

Joyo
    Sending metta to you and your family, Troy. Thank you for the lesson and reminder.

Gassho,
    Joyo

Much metta to you and yours, Troy.

Gassho,
    Tim
    "The moment has priority". ~ Bon Haeng

Wishing you and you family much peace with your losses and joy with your new member. Life is indeed a roller-coaster.

Gassho
    C

Hi Troy,

You are in my thoughts - will sit for you and your family.
    Yes, the everchanging "rise and fall" of life... I must remind myself again and again, that it is this impermanence that makes life possible in the first place.

All the best and gassho,

Daitetsu
    no thing needs to be added