Thread: February 21-22nd, 2014 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai (HOSTED BY KYONIN, LIVE FROM MEXICO!)

February 21-22nd, 2014 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai (HOSTED BY KYONIN, LIVE FROM MEXICO!)

TODAY'S SITTING IS THE NORMAL SCHEDULE, but will be HOSTED BY KYONIN LIVE FROM MEXICO, assisted by our Ino Dosho!

Due to technical non-problems, please self time the last sitting of the day (and recite Verse of Atonement and Four Vows). Video cuts off early at end.

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 7pm, Los Angeles 4pm (Friday night), London midnight and Paris 1am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ....

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

Due to technical non-problems, please self time the last sitting of the day (and recite Verse of Atonement and Four Vows). Video cuts off early at end.

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English or Spanish) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 02-22-2014 at 07:59 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I will be there live.

Gassho,
    Juki
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

Mp
    Wonderful ... I too will be there live! =)

Gassho
    Shingen

I'll be here.

Gassho,
    Dosho

I hope to be there live for a change.

Gassho
    Genshin

Joyo
    I will try to be there live. Wonderful to have it hosted by Kyonin and Dosho!

Gassho,
    Joyo

Hello,

Estoy participando.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

I'll be there.
    Shinzan

If work allows...en vivo y a todo color

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Quote Originally Posted by Koshin View Post
    If work allows...en vivo y a todo color
    Jeje, "El Canal de las Estrellas" - en vivo desde el estudio de nuestro hermano Kyonin. Hoy con invitados de todo el mundo. Canto e instrumentos de percusión: Dosho.
    Que se diviertan...

Will try to be there...

Gassho,

Daitetsu
    no thing needs to be added

Quote Originally Posted by Daitetsu View Post
    Jeje, "El Canal de las Estrellas" - en vivo desde el estudio de nuestro hermano Kyonin. Hoy con invitados de todo el mundo. Canto e instrumentos de percusión: Dosho.
    Que se diviertan...

Will try to be there...

Gassho,

Daitetsu

Will not be able to make it live, still at the office, but will sit with you making phone calls and work...then a couple of hours later at my zafu

Thank you all sitters

Gassho

Guys I am so sorry! My laptop fell asleep and it ended the Hangout.

I am so so sorry.
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Joyo
    You were still with us, Kyonin Thank you everyone, wonderful practice tonight.

Gassho,
    Joyo

Kyonin,

No problem; all is impermanence!

Thank you for leading us tonight.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Mp
    It is ok Kyonin, thank you for a wonderful job and thank you to Dosho for catching us at the end. Have a great weekend everyone was great to sit with you all. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you all for your practice! Wonderful Kyonin, laptop naps and all!
    Deep bows,
    Sekishi / Eric
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

No problem at all, Kyonin.

Thank you Kyonin, Dosho, and all who sat and will sit. Great to sit with you all.

Gassho
    Genshin

Thanks to Kyonin (and his laptop) and to Dosho for their efforts tonight, which are greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who sat live or will sit later. Sangha.

Gassho,
    Juki
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

ˇNo pasa nada, Kyonin! Todo bien.
    Thank you and to Dosho as well!
    Have a great weekend everyone!

Gassho,

Daitetsu
    no thing needs to be added

Thank you for you patience. Yes, everything is impermanent and even laptops need to sleep.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

"To sleep . . .perchance to. . .sit."

​ Thanks to all.

Gassho,
    Myosha
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

If you want to see tonight's partial zazenkai with Kyonin and his world famous sleeping laptop, here's the video.

Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Well done Kyonin great stuff. Thank you to both you & Dosho.Thanks to all who sat,who are sitting & will sit. Gassho Taikyo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great work! Thanks and deep bows brothers.
    Gassho
    Myozan

That was wonderful guys. Thank you for filling in. I put back the link to Kyonin's sitting, with a note ...

All just fine.

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 02-22-2014 at 08:01 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

What a wonderful imperfection, lovely, thank you and deep bows
    Gassho
    Myoku

Sitting this one now. Gassho, Matt J

Good job, Kyonin! Thank you.

Gassho
    Andy

Thank you guys.

My little Linux laptop just learned how to be awake from now on

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Just sat with you all today and it was wonderful....regardless of the Lazy Linux Laptop...lol! Well done and many thanks, Kyonin!

Gassho,
    Tim
    "The moment has priority". ~ Bon Haeng

Just sat. Thank you, Kyonin and Dosho, and everyone, for your practice.
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Muchas gracias!

Gassho,

Risho