As I have been unable to get a functioning camera in the zendo, we're moving to plan B. I will be teaching the 8 Form Moving Meditation over Google+. If all goes according to plan, it will be recorded and accessible here for all to view and practice as they can.

The "live" version will be tomorrow morning Feb. 9th at 9:30 AM EST (U.S.) Those in the tree leaf circle will get an invite if they wish to meditate "live". I dont know how much interest there is, or how many people can even make that time schedule. But as with everything else here at Treeleaf, anytime is the right time. I will try to figure out how to link it to this thread when we begin. If any of our more tech savvy Treeleafers wants to shoot me a message on how this is accomplished that would be great.

For those how didn't follow this discussion on the previous thread, I've copied a basicc description ofthe 8 Form Moving Meditation from Dharma Drum.

"Dharma Drum’s Eight-Form Moving Meditation was developed by Master Sheng Yen of Dharma Drum Mountain as a means of allowing people living stressful and busy lifestyles to enjoy some of the benefits of Chan meditation. The system, based on many years of practice and personal experience, has incorporated the essence of Chan meditation into a series of simple physical exercises. In addition to physical exercise, practice of the Eight Forms helps you relax your body and mind, so that you can develop a healthy body and a balanced mind. Dharma Drum’s Eight-Form Moving Meditation is a set of easy-to-learn exercises that can be practiced almost anywhere and at anytime. This system of “meditation through motion” is beneficial to both body and mind, and once acquired through diligent practice, can be performed whether walking, standing, sitting or reclining, so that you are always mindful of being relaxed in body and mind. By practicing the Eight Forms, you will always be composed and at ease, and at every moment enjoy the bliss of meditation and the joy of the Dharma.

Now I don't know about all of that "always composed and at ease, bliss" stuff, but I do know it's a peasant way to start out the day. I also find it particularly useful just before a long period of sitting, like our monthly 4 hour Zazenkai. So, I hope you enjoy it, please join live if you can.

Gassho,

Daijo