Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our 2014 Treeleaf Jukai (Undertaking the Precepts) Celebration is Here!

Thanks to all. I am going to watch the recording now to make sure I did not miss anything. Congratulations to my fellow participants and deep bows to the witnesses, to Jundo and to Taigu.

Gassho,
    Juki (formerly William)
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

Joyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Karasu View Post
    William,

I missed large parts too due to my computer shutting down and have asked Jundo what to do. I know that one participant could not attend live and is sitting with the recording later.

Congratulations to everyone else and grateful thanks to Treena for being the spokesperson for my group.

Gassho
    Andy
    Andy, I hope you do not feel left out as i saw you much of the time and was definitely partaking of the ceremony with you.

Gassho,
    Treena

Congratulations to everyone receiving the Precepts. This is a very special time. Gassho Heisoku.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Joyo
    No words, just heartfelt warm thoughts to each of you!!! Jundo, thank you for asking me to be a spokesperson, I made mistakes but all was still good

Thank you everyone, much honor and respect to each of you!!!

Gassho,
    Treena

Congratulations to all

Gassho,

Daido

Congratulations to all!

Deep Bows,

Shugen
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

And, just so you know Jundo, Treena is from Canada, not the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmy View Post
    No words, just heartfelt warm thoughts to each of you!!! Jundo, thank you for asking me to be a spokesperson, I made mistakes but all was still good

Thank you everyone, much honor and respect to each of you!!!

Gassho,
    Treena

Joyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosho View Post
    lol, yes that is true. No boundaries, no borders though, right And, in his defense, I only live a short ways from the border so he wasn't too far off

Gassho,
    Treena/Joyo

Congratulations to everybody who partook in the Jukai ceremony.

Gassho,
    Jeff
    "Those who see worldly life as an obstacle to Dharma see no Dharma in everyday actions. They have not yet discovered that there are no everyday actions outside of Dharma."

- Dogen Zenji

Thank you everyone, it was a very nice ceremony,

Gassgo,

Chuck "DaiJo"

Congratulations to all - looking forward to sharing in the recorded ceremony this evening.

Gassho

Willow

Hello,

Congratulations and welcome to community of the children of Buddha. I am glad to have been able be a witness of this beautiful and touching ceremony.

Gasshô
    Anshu
    Le secret consiste donc seulement à dire "OUI" et à se jeter dans le vide. Dès lors, il n'y a plus de problème. Il s'agit d'être soi-même dans l'instant présent, toujours soi-même, sans s'accrocher à son vieux moi.
    Shunryu Suzuki Roshi

Thank you Jundo, Taigu and all of you sangha members for this wonderful ceremony. Now let us lead this life!

Deep bows

MyoHo ( presviously Enkyo)
    Mu

I just sat along with the recording to fill in the parts I missed. Now it properly feels like I have taken Jukai. A beautiful ceremony.

Thank you so much to all of you who were with us and all who were not.

Taking the precepts
    hesitation falls away
    with my greying hair.

Gassho
    Andy/Kokuu

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuu View Post

Taking the precepts
    hesitation falls away
    with my greying hair.

I like that poem, particularly apt.

Congratulations to all.

Best and gassho
    Shōmon

Congratulations to everyone. Thank you, everyone. I will be joining you all with the recorded version later.
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Thank you all. Deep bows you all of you.

Passing through this gate, a journey begins as children of Buddha. Wearing the Tathagata's teachings, may we manifest enlightenment in the world.

Gassho,
    Eric "Sekishi"

Joyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    Thank you all. Deep bows you all of you.

Passing through this gate, a journey begins as children of Buddha. Wearing the Tathagata's teachings, may we manifest enlightenment in the world.

Gassho,
    Eric "Sekishi"
    Yes, beautiful!!!

Gassho,
    Treena/Joyo

Thank you everyone for sharing this beautiful ceremony. It is the sixth Treeleaf Jukai that I have witnessed and each has its special memories. It is very heart warming to see you enjoying you commitments. I look forward to sitting with you.

gassho ,Shokai
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Hi there,

I have just come back from a family birthday party - two reasons to celebrate today, what a happy coincidence!
    Room still filled with scent from incense, Buddha and leaf still in front of me, memories still fresh.

I truly enjoyed the whole ceremony, time flew by, and it was so nice to be with you all. I felt as if we were really physically together in one room.
    Thanks to the speakers, Jundo, Taigu, all the Unsui and all others who helped making the whole Jukai experience so unique and beautiful - and another deep bow goes to Seimyo for making the quick user name changes!

Thank you all and Gassho,

Timo/Daitetsu (formerly known as LimoLama)
    no thing needs to be added

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuu View Post
    I just sat along with the recording to fill in the parts I missed. Now it properly feels like I have taken Jukai. A beautiful ceremony.

Thank you so much to all of you who were with us and all who were not.

Taking the precepts
    hesitation falls away
    with my greying hair.

Gassho
    Andy/Kokuu
    i also sat with the recording this afternoon to fill in the portions I missed, most of which were early in the ceremony. I really liked touching a pine sprig to my head. I may make that a habit (although the broken pine needle on the Maneki probably fills the same purpose).

Gassho,
    Juki/William
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

Yes! A wonderful event to witness. Thank you for making it available to us all.
    Anne

Welcome to all!!! It is a joy to walk this walk and get the scent of wet autumn leaves and plum blossoms.
    I am especially glad to see that the tradition of sewing is getting through Treeleaf and the right method has been transmitted.

Gassho

Taigu

Congratulations to all!!! :-)

Gassho, Jishin

Lovely and Congrats!

Gassho
    Bobbby

Congratulations to you all on this most auspicious day in your lives. Wishing each and every one of you the best in your journey.

Gassho,
    Heishu

“Blessed are the flexible, for they never get bent out of shape." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Dosho View Post
    That is okay. There is a little known Treaty between the U.S. and Canada that covers the efficacy of Jukai cross-border. Same in the E.U. So we are covered.

Sorry about that.

This is really forgetting here and there!

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Congratulations to all! I had to work today but will watch the ceremony later this evening. Next year I plan on being a participant for sure!

Gassho,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Daitetsu View Post
    - and another deep bow goes to Seimyo for making the quick user name changes!

Thank you all and Gassho,

Timo/Daitetsu (formerly known as LimoLama)

Yes, thank you again Seimyo!

And might I ask our folks with new Dharma Names to continue to sign their posts and messages with the earthly name too? At least for awhile so that we can keep track of who is who. **

Gassho, J

** (and even though, in a Zen sense of names not mattering ... who IS ALWAYS who! )
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

congratulations to those who are always who and new buddhists, to boot!

bows of respect in all your directions.

gassho,

Robt
    Last edited by Oheso; 01-13-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    and neither are they otherwise.

Congrats to all. Sorry my family life intervened from me seeing this live.
    Thank you for your commitment
    Gassho
    Clark

Jundo;
    Glad to hear about the little known treaty. Now, can you find something that could void the need of a token every time I visit

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk4
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Myoshin
    Congratulations all, the Sangha grows, living with vows.

Gassho

Myoshin

Kantai
    Now I have done the ceremony with the recording to fill in the gapless gaps.

Who was that guy dropping in and out the whole time?

Gassho
    Kantai/Edward
    Last edited by Kantai; 01-14-2014 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Typo

Wonderful. Precepts are the gift you give yourself and keeps on giving.
    Bows to all in this participating sangha.
    Seido.
    "Know that the practice of zazen is the complete path of buddha-dharma and nothing can be compared to it....it is not the practice of one or two buddhas but all the buddha ancestors practice this way."
    Dogen zenji in Bendowa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12