Thread: The Tree Branch

The Tree Branch

When I was a young boy I was a walker. Even if none of my friends were around I would go outside just simply walking. Not with a goal in mind of playing or going to a destination, just simply walking. Walking out and around the neighborhood and then home thousands of times.

I remember one day walking in the woods next to my neighborhood. I remember crawling out onto a Tree's branch that stretched out over a river. The smell of winter was in the air. Fall was dying and giving birth to the new season. I sat on that big branch leaning against one of this Tree's many other branches. I sank deeper and deeper into the moment. For the first time in my life...stillness...silence...space. The "I" fell away...thus.

I sit on the branch, the sound of water below me, gentle breeze fill my ears. A single snowflake dancing in front of my eyes. I followed the snowflake....followed the snowflake...the snowflake...snowflake...____________________...

I shivered as the air grew cold...The cold air shivered.
    I sat upon the branch...The branch sat upon me.
    The sky opened up, thousands of snowflakes fell...and only one snowflake fell.

Emptiness...

And though I could have sat there, always sitting, forever. I stood up, and walked home for the first time after so many times.

Let go of the "snowflake"...

I don't think I could ever really put into words, but I wrote the best I could...

In the many moments that came and passed after that moment, I found Buddhism, I found zen, I found our practice.

Joyo
    That's awesome, Bobby!!!

Gassho,
    Treena

Such timeless moments are wondrous!

Lovely branch, feeling the cold air here.

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hello,

Thank you.

Gassho,
    Edward
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Mp
    Wonderful Bobby, thank you. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Beautiful, thank you for sharing.

Gassho,
    Chelsea

Thank you

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

By the way, a post on another thread reminds us that no single moment, no matter how precious and life changing, is "It" ...

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...l=1#post119310

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    By the way, a post on another thread reminds us that no single moment, no matter how precious and life changing, is "It" ...

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...l=1#post119310

Gassho, J
    Thank you very much for sharing this Jundo

Gassho
    Bobby