Thread: Thanks to My (Our) Ango Practice Partner(s)

Thanks to My (Our) Ango Practice Partner(s)

With the conclusion of the Rohatsu Retreat and the end of Ango, I would like to thank my Ango Practice Partner, and maybe give others a thread to do the same.

My Ango Practice Partner was Shugen (a/k/a Ron), and he was an invaulable help to me during the past ninety days. We sent private messages to each other every day and met on Google Plus every week to discuss the Practice Partner exercises. Of course, that was the point of having a partner for the exercises. But, he also gave me great advice on my Precepts study and was also there for me with sewing advice. It was wonderful to get the perspective of somebody who has been a member of the Sangha for much longer than I have during this period of practice.

And so, I thank Shugen

Gassho,
    William
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

William, wonderful idea. Thank you.

My Ango partner was Karasu (Andy), and he was, and still is a great and supportive practice partner. We mostly kept to our weekly Skype meetings, except when personal circumstances made it impossible and emailed regularly with updates, questions etc. I started Ango not knowing what to expect. It was tough at times, as to be expected, but it would have been difficult to complete without having an awesome buddy. So thank you Andy!

Gassho
    Matt

Yes!

My thanks to Nindo for her weekly support during ango. We've been studying Zen Questions a couple of chapters at a time as well, and plan to keep it up until we're finished.

Gassho

jen

Hello,

Neither of us take credit or blame for the amazingness(sic) that is Ango.

Having said that, Risho rules!

Gassho,
    Edward
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Nindo
    And to you, Nenka! What are we going to study next?

Quote Originally Posted by Nenka View Post
    Yes!

My thanks to Nindo for her weekly support during ango. We've been studying Zen Questions a couple of chapters at a time as well, and plan to keep it up until we're finished.

Gassho

jen

And my thanks to my Practice Partner! He brought a freshness to my practice that has been a little absent as of late. He also kept me on track and engaged. I enjoyed looking back over the Jukai materials with him.

So....Gassho to you William Anderson.

Shugen
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

Thank you, kidbuda! You helped me keep practice up.
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Mp
    Ango has been a wonderful experience and I have to say that Dosho was and is a great partner for every level of this practice ... I am very thankful for the conversations we have shared. =)

Deep bows
    Shingen

Hi.

Thank you all for your practice.

Mtfbwy
    Fugen
    Life is our temple and its all good practice
    Blog: http://fugenblog.blogspot.com/

Matt was an excellent Ango partner and we seemed to go through similar phases during the practice period. He was supportive, dedicated and understanding and I thoroughly recommend him as a partner for next year!

Gassho
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post
    Ango has been a wonderful experience and I have to say that Dosho was and is a great partner for every level of this practice ... I am very thankful for the conversations we have shared. =)
    Right back at ya my friend! We had some great chats and I'm sure we will have many more as we both wind our way through this path. Much appreciation and gratitude!

Gassho,
    Dosho

I am so glad I had Myoku as a Practice Partner. He was really the perfect match for me.
    We had very nice and long chats - sometimes we had to pull the plug, otherwise we would have talked on for hours, I guess.
    And I received a very nice surprise from him (actually his son) that has found a place on my desk, so I can see it every day, cheering me up.

Thank you so much, Myoku!

Gassho,

Timo
    no thing needs to be added

Thank you Marcelo wherever you may be right now! Gassho.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

This is a great thread! Thank you William!

I enjoyed the practice partner exercies with Edward.. he was a great partner, and his down to business practice is inspiring to me.

Gassho,

Risho

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosho View Post
    Right back at ya my friend! We had some great chats and I'm sure we will have many more as we both wind our way through this path. Much appreciation and gratitude!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Gassho
    Shingen

Thank you William for starting this, I'm sure it will see many more posts My big thanks go to my Ango partner Timo (LimoLama), who was supporting me way more than I guess he is aware of. Deep Bows & Gassho
    Myoku

Kantai
    I want to thank my practice partner Björn for his practice both on the cusion, fixing the roof, as a father and a great practice partner.
    Thank you Björn!

Gassho
    Edward

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    I am a little late on this thread (I am just as prompt about sending out thank-you cards IRL as well).

Anyhow, I was lucky enough to have two wonderful Ango partners, both with significant wisdom and experience to share. Gassho.

Thank you Kaishin for helping me start Ango off on the right foot. Your insights from the PPE where we observed other shoppers still resonates with me. I hope your travels are going well. Be safe my brother.

Thank you Yugen for watching out for me when Kaishin had to step away. The simple act of reaching out with an offer of your time really helped cement my view of Treeleaf as a Sangha in every sense of the word. You inspire my practice. And just thinking of our shared interests both in the Dharma and in other topics (the mighty Zojirushi, miso, etc.) brings a smile to my face even now.

Thank you both for your guidance on the path, and thank you all in Treeleaf for your practice and understanding.

Deep bows,
    Eric

Yugen
    Eric,
    Just ordered Red Pepper and Garlic Miso and a four pound tub of brown rice Miso from South River Miso!

Settling in for winter, Zojirushi at the ready...

Cheers and Deep bows
    Yugen