Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATTENTION! Our "AT HOME" 2-DAY ROHATSU RETREAT - December 7th & 8th! BE READY!

Just dropping in to say that I won't be able to sit live. This is the busiest time of the semester and I have to grade papers and get grades in. I will most likely sit the recorded version (or a day of the recorded version) in late December.

I wish everyone a wonderful retreat.

Gassho
    Shōmon

Hi
    Will be sitting live, thankyou.
    Now figuring out how to do it EST. No problem.
    See you there!

Gassho,
    Jon T

I am in. I won't be able to sit live, but I will do my absolute best to work with the schedule. One of the members of my sitting group will be joining me, her name is Toni. I'll be sure she receives all of the instructions.

Hi Guys,

Just a note that the text materials that are the basis for the Dharma Talkin' by Taigu and me are posted.

It may be a bit long and intimidating (especially as it is all that crazy cat Dogen), but I plan to just jump through here and there and I think Taigu will just be touching on scattered sections too. So, don't be too overwhelmededed.

You may want to print it out to have handy.

Day 1 (Jundo) - Master Dogen's Guidelines for Studying the Way (GAKU DO YO JIN SHU)
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...l=1#post116587

Day 2 (Taigu) - Buddhas Alone, Together with Buddhas (SHOBOGENZO - YUI-BUTSU-YO-BUTSU)
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...l=1#post116589

Gassho, Jundo

Last edited by Jundo; 12-04-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hi all

I will start at 6am on Saturday morning (alarm clock allowing!) and follow through all the recorded sessions as timed to be sat. No family stuff this weekend so I should be left alone with the only probable disturbance being the postman a some point on Saturday.

Looking forward to it and hoping my neighbours don't worry about a black clad figure moving very slowly outside during kinhin! (just to check is it okay to step outside for kinhin or are we supposed to stay within the four walls?).

Thank you for organising this.

Gassho
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Karasu View Post
    (just to check is it okay to step outside for kinhin or are we supposed to stay within the four walls?).

Thank you for organising this.

Gassho
    Andy
    You may step outside if weather permits, but try to be back by the time the bell rings for the next Zazen.

Gassho, J

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar

Printable Schedule

Hi all,

I wanted to print out a copy of the schedule to keep in my practice space this weekend. Rather than print the forum pages (which would have been 40 pages), I made up a quick little printable version of JUST the schedule.

The PDF can be downloaded from:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...le-2013-v1.pdf

If you want an editable version (to add your own notes or change type sizes), I also posted a copy in OpenDocument format (for use with OpenOffice, or LibreOffice):
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9980604/Treeleaf/Rohatsu-Retreat-Schedule-2013-v1.odt

Gassho,
    Eric

Thank you Eric, the editable version is very helpful!

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctenny View Post
    Hi all,

I wanted to print out a copy of the schedule to keep in my practice space this weekend. Rather than print the forum pages (which would have been 40 pages), I made up a quick little printable version of JUST the schedule.

The PDF can be downloaded from:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...le-2013-v1.pdf

If you want an editable version (to add your own notes or change type sizes), I also posted a copy in OpenDocument format (for use with OpenOffice, or LibreOffice):
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9980604/Treeleaf/Rohatsu-Retreat-Schedule-2013-v1.odt

Gassho,
    Eric

Very helpful, thank you Eric. =)

Gassho
    Shingen

Kantai
    Thank's Eric, super!

Gassho, Ed

I plan to sit with the recorded videos in california timezone this saturday and sunday.

Gassho
    Sam

Thank you Jundo for posting the links.

And thanks Erik for the PDFs. Very useful!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you Eric for the PDF. Very helpful.

Gassho,
    Heish

“Blessed are the flexible, for they never get bent out of shape." Author Unknown

Thank You.

Gassho, J

Thank you, Eric, that is a huge help!

Gassho,

Lisa

Thanks, Eric!

Looks like I'll be able to get everything ready in time to do the first part on my Friday night. I should be able to do the rest Saturday/Sunday with the recordings.

Gassho,

Jen
    Last edited by Nenka; 12-05-2013 at 04:39 AM.

Let me mention that it is okay to change the order or move things around if there is need. One person wrote me who needs to work smack in the middle. I said ...

I advice everyone to sit a combination of live and recorded sessions such that they do not lose any sleep. Figure out which you can do live, which you can do with the recording (while I sleep! ). Do not stay up all night.

It is best to sit "two days back to back", but if you need to because of work, it is fine to break it up or move some to other days as needed.

In the end, it all gets sat even if "out of order". There is no "right order". Start can be middle which is finish. Very Zen.

Gassho, J

IF YOU WILL SIT THE ONLINE RETREAT ...

... PLEASE WATCH this old 'SIT-A-LONG' TALK from a few Rohatsu ago:

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 12-06-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Thanks! It helps! Eric's post as well.
    Gassho.
    "Know that the practice of zazen is the complete path of buddha-dharma and nothing can be compared to it....it is not the practice of one or two buddhas but all the buddha ancestors practice this way."
    Dogen zenji in Bendowa

Thank you Jundo... I will be sitting a mix but primarily recorded.

Gassho,

Risho

I will be sitting along with the live as much as I can.

Gassho
    Shohei

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12