Thread: Yoga Video for Rohatsu Retreat

Yoga Video for Rohatsu Retreat

This link will take you to the video that my teacher training friends were kind enough to help me with. The stretches are all pretty basic, but they are designed to loosen up the back, legs and shoulders after sitting. You do not even need a mat. If you have tight shoulders, there may be one pose where a simple kitchen towel can be used as a prop. That is explained in the video.

i would like to thank Alison Carr, Maria Mosca and Miranda Stuart for doing the poses, and JoshCartwright for filming and editing.

Gassho,
    Willia,
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

Thank you

Shugen
    Meido Shugen
    明道 修眼

That's great!! I did a couple of sesshins with a yoga teacher friend. It felt sooooooo good to do yoga between sittings. This will be helpful for a lot of people. A wonderful addition to retreat! Well done!

My health has changed since then and I am no longer able to do a regular class. I sometimes go to a weekly chair yoga class for the elderly and disabled which is held in my building. I am wondering if you know of any comparable chair yoga videos or routines? I have a full length class on dvd but an abbreviated class that accomplishes the same body stretches as your video would be incredibly useful to me. If you come across anything let me know!! Thanks!

Gassho
    Bunny

Thanks so much William. Great and generous to share your knowledge with us.
    Gassho
    Myozan

Thank you.

Gassho,
    Edward
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Mp
    This is wonderful William ... very kind and generous.

Gassho
    Shingen

WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL!

William very kindly, at my request, agreed to show some simple Yoga moves that we might use to "loosen up" during long sitting at our upcoming 2-Day Rohatsu Retreat in December. He went to much effort to organize models and a professional photographer to make it, completely from the goodness of his heart. Thank you.

This video will become, I hope, a standard feature around here and at all out Retreats for many years to come.

Thank you William Sensei!

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you for asking, Jundo. I just hope it is useful to the Sangha. If there is any way that you can save this to the Treeleaf YounTube account, please do so. Right now, it is on my friend Alison's page, and I do not have enough familiarity with You Tube to know how to transfer it to my account.

Shingen, For me, the best part was getting to work with friends and to see two of my cats wandering through the yoga proceedings. Little miss Echo appears once near the beginning, and my alpha male, Mr. Socks Badcat, noses around quite a bit.

Gassho,
    William
    Last edited by Juki; 10-15-2013 at 04:27 PM.
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

William, this is wonderful! A big thank you to you and your friends. I will definitely use this for the retreat and before daily sitting!

deepest bows,
    Kelly/Jinmei

Thank you William, this is awesome!

Gassho
    Matt

Many many thanks William - this is brilliant. So thoughtful & generous.

Gassho
    David

This is fantastic.

Thank you very much, William.

I will use your video before sitting every morning.

Thank you!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you William.

Gassho,
    Heishu

“Blessed are the flexible, for they never get bent out of shape." Author Unknown

Lovely!
    Shinjin datsuraku, datsuraku shinjin..Body-mind drop off, mind-body drop off..

Thank you William,
    will definitely try that before Rohatsu as I get tight pretty easily,
    Gassho
    Myoku

Thank you William; will certainly use these.
    btw, which unnamed student has the catitude

gassho
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Thank you for your contribution William.

Thank you, William. These poses are very helpful to me. I'm in my 70's, & must sit in a chair, but the circular stretches felt wonderful while doing them in a chair, and although I couldn't hold the standing poses for as long as demonstrated, I was able to enjoy them also. Adds a bit more stretching variety to the Chi Kung routine I do on a regular basis.
    Enjoyed seeing the kitties, also. Cats are "Master Stretchers"!

Thank you again. I will add to my "Favorites" and use regularly.

Gassho

Glow

Thank you William, well done
    namaste,
    marina

Thank you

Gassho
    Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi