Thread: The Misguided Monk

Mp

The Misguided Monk

Good morning everyone,

Here is a nice little video to enjoy on this weekend.

Gassho
    Shingen

Well done.

Thank you.

Gassho,
    Edward
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Great ... having two crazy dobermann dogs, I am used to zazen and get them out at the same time, ball games, barking.... used to annoy me, now, I know its only them teaching me.

Gassho

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    Thank you for your practice

Oh that was lovely! Reminds me of my cat. A story from when he was a kitten...One day I was using the computer and frustrated with what I was working on. My cat (Buggle) came to me and dropped a toy on the keyboard. Like the monk in the film I threw the toy in an annoyed way with a lot of "scram!" energy. Buggle returned with the toy and dropped it on the keyboard again. I threw it again and said "knock it off! Im busy!" (or something to that effect). The process happened a few times before I realized the kitten was teaching me to play fetch with him. Suddenly I was delighted! I often think of that day and how a situation can be annoying or delightful...it's all in how I choose to experience it. Buggle has been a great teacher over the years!!

Mp
    Oh yes, our pets are wonderful teachers and my dog Bodhi great example of being in the present moment.

Gassho
    Shingen

Yes, they are great at being in the moment.

Wonderful, thank you Shingen.

Nurturing seeds is not a part time job. Our pets can be so helpful in our daily life. Much to learn from them.

Gassho,
    Heishu

“Blessed are the flexible, for they never get bent out of shape." Author Unknown

Lovely! This definitely made me smile. Animals are wonderful teachers.

Gassho,
    Kelly/Jinmei

Thank you so much for sharing this, Shingen!

Yes, pets (and children, well, in fact all things) are wonderful teachers.
    We should never forget that everything we encounter is our life...

Gassho,

Timo
    no thing needs to be added

A very heartwarming video Thanks for sharing!
    Gassho
    Seizan

Animals and tai chi. What a great combo!

Thanks for the video. Great way to start my Sunday

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Oh that was lovely! Reminds me of my cat. A story from when he was a kitten...One day I was using the computer and frustrated with what I was working on. My cat (Buggle) came to me and dropped a toy on the keyboard. Like the monk in the film I threw the toy in an annoyed way with a lot of "scram!" energy. Buggle returned with the toy and dropped it on the keyboard again. I threw it again and said "knock it off! Im busy!" (or something to that effect). The process happened a few times before I realized the kitten was teaching me to play fetch with him. Suddenly I was delighted! I often think of that day and how a situation can be annoying or delightful...it's all in how I choose to experience it. Buggle has been a great teacher over the years!!
    Oh yes, cats are awesome and great teachers!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thanks for sharing 😄

Metta, Troy

Thanks Shingen.