Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

Thread: My First Teacher...

Hybrid View

My First Teacher...

This is Sokuzan Bob Brown, my first teacher. He introduced me to the Dharma and Zazen 4 years ago and I will eternally be in his debt. Here's a talk he did on Zazen practice at the Sokukoji Buddhist Community in Battle Creek Michigan. Gassho, Jeffrey

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
    Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Thank you very much for introducing him, Jeff. Sokuzan seems like a very nice man, and it is a very sincere talk. Lovely.

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

#SAT TODAY!

Thank you Jeffrey for the introduction. We all have had wonderful inspiring teachers in out lives, for me Inaba Shihan was mine the first one that exposed me to Zen - so I extend the introduction.

Gassho
    Shingen
    RINDO SHINGEN
    倫道 真現

As a trainee priest, please take any commentary by me on matters of the Dharma with a pinch of salt.

Thanks for the video Jeff. He's quite amazing

Hello, Jeff, from another Michigander!! I grew up in Sterling Heights, lived there for 21 years. How great that Battle Creek has a buddhist community! Thanks fir the video. Gadsho, Seizan

Quote Originally Posted by Seizan View Post
    Hello, Jeff, from another Michigander!! I grew up in Sterling Heights, lived there for 21 years. How great that Battle Creek has a buddhist community! Thanks fir the video. Gadsho, Seizan
    Awesome! I'm up north in Alpena. The great white north. Hopefully this winter isnt 8 feet of snow. Haha.

Gassho, Jeffrey
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
    Henry David Thoreau, Walden