Thread: Living By Vow Talk

Living By Vow Talk

Not sure if anyone has ever posted this but it's really good. I think I need this book.

Gassho, Jeffrey
    Last edited by Biko; 09-26-2013 at 07:19 PM. Reason: link
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
    Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Jeffrey,

It's on our recommended reading list! Check out the other suggestions:

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...REELEAF-SANGHA

Gassho,
    Dosho

Mp
    This is a great book Jeffrey ... I have this one and actually I am reading it along side The Mind of Clover during this Ango/Precept study.

Gassho
    Shingen

Jeffrey, this book is fantastic, I read it during Precept study last year and will be reading it again. Very good teachings.

Gassho,
    Heishu

“Blessed are the flexible, for they never get bent out of shape." Author Unknown

A great book by a great teacher. Shokai & I are reading selected chapters for Ango.

Gassho,
    Shujin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Kyoudou Shujin 教道 守仁

Thank you for posting this video. It seems to make a case for there being a simple choice in life, for those who are lucky enough to be given a choice: Do you want a life ruled by karma, or a life ruled by vow? Life as a human seems to be a little of both, usually bursts of vow on a background of karma. Life for some becomes a pure karmic kick in the teeth; life for some others becomes a life of constantly renewing vow in the face of an ever-present karma. Vow, one point at a time.

Living a life of vow has seemed very daunting to me in the past. Thinking that, it's just one point at a time ... one day at a time, one moment at a time, one breath at a time. Maybe I can do that.

A rich talk on Vow. Thank you, Jeff.

I do not believe that Enlightenment, Realization in this life, Being One with our True Self, will always give us the right answer to every dilemma we face, the right direction to head at every choice and crossroads, or guaranty that all our acts in life will turn out as we vow and wish. Sometimes the diver will hit the water like a rock despite her best efforts and Vow.

However, living by our Vows will tend to point us in good, clear directions, and let us live this life sincerely and with dedication.

We also realize that there is no direction which is not Right, no place to turn.

Lovely.

The book "Living By Vow" is high on our recommended reading list, and is a great one.

http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...REELEAF-SANGHA

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

It's going to be the next book I procure. Something has been leading me to it.

Gassho, Jeffrey
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
    Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Thanks for posting this Jeffrey. "The ego is in the past or in the future, hardly ever in the present" Wonderful!!!!!!