Thread: Kickstarter Support for "Zen In America"

Kickstarter Support for "Zen In America"

Adam Tebbe over at SweepingZen, which hosts our "Sit-a-Long" blog posts, is producing and directing a film called "Zen In America" which is about ... Zen In America.

If anyone is interested in shooting a few bucks over to support his shooting, he has started a "Kickstarter" fundraising campaign. Check it out.

http://sweepingzen.com/kickstarter-c...s-zen-america/

Adam writes ...

ZEN IN AMERICA: A documentary film about Zen Buddhism in North America is the first documentary series of its kind to thoroughly examine the history and practices of Zen in North America. The series will take us to Zen temples throughout North America to show how Zen Buddhism is being expressed in our modern culture – gathering intimate accounts and insights from the teachers, practitioners and scholars of the tradition today.

I began filming for the series in July of 2013. Over the next several years of my life, I will visit the many practice centers here in North America to document this diverse Buddhist tradition on film. It is my hope that you will be inspired to contribute to the documentary, help get the word out, and take some time to learn about the project today.
    Gassho, J

PS - Thanks to Shingen for linking to it on another thread today.
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-23-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    Thanks Jundo - I think this is a great project and look forward to seeing it come alive.

Gassho
    Shingen

Will contribute as soon as I can, thank you both

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Looks really interesting. will have to contribute when I have some extra money.

What a nice project!

Yes, lets help make it happen

Contributing as soon as economy permits.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

I will actually suggest to him that he call it "Zen In The West" or the like, and expand beyond US borders, or at least recall that "America" includes Canada and Mexico (maybe points South).

Gassho, J

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    I will actually suggest to him that he call it "Zen In The West" or the like, and expand beyond US borders, or at least recall that "America" includes Canada and Mexico (maybe points South).

Gassho, J
    Adam just wrote me back, apologetic for not including beyond North America. I think it practical, because most of his travels seems to be by his own car!

At this point I'm focusing only on North America, as that's enough work for me as it is! Yes indeed, that includes Canada and Mexico. The subtitle for the film will make clear America indicates North America.

Gassho, J