This is an excerpt from a translation of "The Sutra of 42 Chapters:"

[..]you must not walk on the Way as the ox that is attached to the wheel. His body moves, but his heart is not willing. But when your hearts are in accord with the Way, there is no need of troubling yourselves about your outward demeanor.
Love this statement; I always thought to myself that nothing is worth doing unless you have the right feeling behind it—a wholeness. This causes me to be confused about giving up passions. Often times I think the "passion" that the sutras speak of is the same as doing something wholly from the heart—as stated in this above excerpt. The thing is, this doing-something-form-the-heart I also call passion. This feeling of passion seems to be the same feeling when I pursue anything in life worth doing—zen, business, cleaning the house (I don't ALWAYS have this feeling, of course)—that when anything is done "correctly," or wholesomely, it was done with this heart felt "passion."

If the teachings say "drop all passions," but passion feels so much like a heart-felt, totally present, in the moment response to such situations, then what is this "passion" that the sutras speak of?