Thread: September 20-21st, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

September 20-21st, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 09-21-2013 at 02:13 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Mp
    I will be there.

Gassho
    Shingen

I will also be there.

Gassho,
    William
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

Hi,
    I'll be there tomorrow morning, GMT.
    Gassho
    Myozan

I'll be there Monday morning!

Gassho.

Will meet you there live

Gassho

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    Thank you for your practice

I'll be your bell ringer for this evening.

Gassho,
    Dosho

EDIT: Kyonin will be graciously stepping in for me tonight as my wife is sick and I'll be watching the boys while she stops at urgent care after going to work today (when I told her not to!).
    Last edited by Dosho; 09-20-2013 at 07:34 PM.

I'll be there live!
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

In via YT.

Gassho,
    Edward
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

I'll be there Saturday morning (GMT).

It would be nice to sit in real-time with you guys one of these days.

Gassho
    Matt

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    I am going to try to sit along live on G+ this week. Metta for my ISP. ^_^
    Gassho,
    Eric
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

I should be there live via YT tonight.

Gassho,
    Heishu

“Blessed are the flexible, for they never get bent out of shape." Author Unknown

Will be there there, sometime this weekend. Thanks to all who are, did, will sit
    Gassho

C

Joyo
    I wanted to be there, it didn't work out, I will try for next week.

gassho,
    Treena

Thank you, Jundo and all.
    Thanks,
    Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
    Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

Hi all I came at the end there when I could, but I didn't see the normal video recorded version here on the site. Hoping to sit with it when I can. Perfectly imperfect; made me figure out how to join live.

Does anyone else NOT SEE the normal recorded version posted???

Nice to see all.
    Gassho
    C
    Last edited by Ishin; 09-21-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Mp
    Thank you everyone ... great way to end the week. Have a wonderful weekend.

Gassho
    Shingen

Thanks to all who sat and will sit. My power went out during Kinhin and then again during the second Zazen. So, if I disturbed anybody by logging in during Zazen, I am sincerely sorry. Gassho, William
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

Don't worry William, everything perfect as it is, as always.. I had to stand up to attend something in the middle of 2nd Zazen... no problem, back to the cushion, all things as they are...

Much Metta everyone

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

I am new to G+. I couldnt figure out how to join. I think I joined a few minutes late. It was fun.

Gassho, John

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    Hi all I came at the end there when I could, but I didn't see the normal video recorded version here on the site. Hoping to sit with it when I can. Perfectly imperfect; made me figure out how to join live.

Nice to see all.
    Gassho
    C
    Hi Clark,

Yeah, I was also here but not here for the live YT version. Don't know what went wrong but continued as if it was live but unseen. This is my best alternative to G+, too many boot offs when I have tried it before. Oh well, I am here or was here or something like that. Have a great weekend to everyone.

Gassho,
    Heishu

“Blessed are the flexible, for they never get bent out of shape." Author Unknown

Onsite YT simul-cast no show. Found transmission at Google+ website.

Thanks to all.

Gassho,
    Edward
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Quote Originally Posted by drocloce View Post
    Onsite YT simul-cast no show. Found transmission at Google+ website.

Thanks to all.

Gassho,
    Edward
    I think that's how I joined too I think.

Gassho, John

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post

Nice to see all.
    Gassho
    C
    Sorry about that. It is up now.

Gassho, J

Heishu

Thanks Jundo.. as it turns out I sat for a really "good" sit. I will do the Zazenkai this weekend.

Thank you all for your practice, to all who sat and will sit
    Gassho
    David

Thank you Jundo, Kyonin, and all that sat and will sit.

Gassho
    Matt

Kantai
    Looking forward to sit with you all this saturday afternoon (swedish time).
    Gassho
    Edward

Thank you all who sat and will sit.

Have a lovely weekend

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Thank you all for sitting together!

Gassho,
    Shinka

Thank you Jundo and everyone sitting. Gassho.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Thank you Jundo and to all who sat and will sit. My speakers aren't working but I could see you, so I sat with silence.

Thanks again.

Myozan

I sat with you this morning. Thank you to all! Kyonin, it was lovely!

Gassho,
    Kelly/Jinmei

Thank you Jundo and everyone sitting,
    monkey mind here today, but thats how it is at times,
    Gassho & have a wonderful weekend
    Myoku

Kantai

Edward

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to report last G+ session completely fried my laptop. It seems it is beyond saving and because this poses a rather big financial problem for me/us, I will have no video comunication for some time. (I'm typing this on our old 2004 desktop). So accepting things as they are, joining Zazenkai, sittings, dokusan and all other live connections have become quite impossible for now. I will sit and follow the postings on the forum of course but other than that you will have to do without my preseance. I wll try and find a way to solve this but right now I can't see how. Very sorry about this happening during this great Ango period .

Gassho

E.
    Mu

Thanks, guys.

Gassho

Jen

Mp
    Enkyo,

Sorry to hear ... technical difficulties can be frustrating at times. But know whether you see us, or we see you - we still sit together.

Gassho
    Shingen

Quote Originally Posted by Enkyo View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm sorry to report last G+ session completely fried my laptop. It seems it is beyond saving and because this poses a rather big financial problem for me/us, I will have no video comunication for some time. (I'm typing this on our old 2004 desktop). So accepting things as they are, joining Zazenkai, sittings, dokusan and all other live connections have become quite impossible for now. I will sit and follow the postings on the forum of course but other than that you will have to do without my preseance. I wll try and find a way to solve this but right now I can't see how. Very sorry about this happening during this great Ango period .

Gassho

E.

Have just finished sitting with the recording.
    As always, thanks a lot for your practice!

Sorry to hear about your technical problems, Enkyo! Hope you find a solution soon!

Gassho,

Timo
    no thing needs to be added

Quote Originally Posted by Enkyo View Post
    Hi guys,

Gassho

E.
    A lesson in Impermanence, Enkyo. You are still sitting with us, quite clearly visible in all our hearts.

We had a short Heart Sutra Memorial Service awhile back for all our old, burned out computers and equipment at Treeleaf. They kept this place going.

Gassho, J

Thanks everyone!

_/\_
    Ade

Yes, thank you guys. Impermenance! Thank heavens for impermanence! Everything changes so also this situation

Gassho

Enkyo
    Mu

Thank you all!

Gassho
    Björn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Thank you, Jundo and everyone sitting.
    Also, thank you to my cat/sitting partner, Midnight, for demonstrating stillness to me yet again.

Deep bows (and deeper purrs) to all.
    Bill

Thank you, all. Your practice is greatly appreciated.

Gassho
    Andy

Than you all for this sitting
    Gassho
    Gi Shu--George
    Gi Shu -George

Thank you to all who sit.