Thread: How can we best offer incense to our I.T. bosatsu ?

How can we best offer incense to our I.T. bosatsu ?

As Jundo recently said in the 4-hour zazenkai, glitches are life even when we try so hard to make things run to schedule, a plan, in due order.

I do wonder if when occasional electronic/computer problems do occur it is worthwhile to pass them along, believing that someone, our I T bosatsu who hears all the cries of the world, wishes to address them, alleviating suffering.

Such as today I wanted to hangout at an evening service and though I had received an invite and gone to the host's "....is starting now" update, I could not find with all my efforts the "doorbell" that would let me in.

I know that we have IT. Is hearing this story of any interest, provide a clue, prompting any solutions? Is it something out of our control? Perhaps fingers will point directly back to the User (me) as "the glitch himself".

In gassho

Richard

All are "Technical Non-Problems". Form is just Emptiness, Emptiness precisely Form. Software is just Hardware, Hardware precisely Soft. Data and Infrastructure are also like this. Indra's Internet.

Yuima, may I present you with a Technical Non-Problem? Would you have an avatar back up as we discuss here in No. 4 ...
    http://www.treeleaf.org/forums/showt...Sangha-Members

Here is some electric incense .... found this techo-Incense burner online ... and am not so sure what it is ... but let us offer this ...

The translation reads [by Google Translate ... only fitting that an algorithm do the translation ...]

It is common to burn incense and incense in front of the altar, but [one can be]worried about fire by candle and incense. The effort to clean up is also indispensable always everyday. However, this electronic incense was solved beautifully such a trouble. The light a candle to light incense and LED lights the adapter power, Heart Sutra chant will come out about 3 minutes. And noble scent drifts from incense stand. Because for our customers as well as your favorite incense and fragrance incense stick your hand of course, you will deepen and heart signal to the ancestors listened intently to the sutra.
    http://gogogo.gokenin.com/00210.html

And only a mere $250.00 US!

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I use the Zippo app on my smartphone
    ( I don't even think it costs 0.99 cents)

gassho,
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Well as long as the scents are noble, I suppose the price is justified. It would be kind of neat to have a video of burning incense you could use for posts though.
    Gassho,
    C

Hello Richard,

If you haven't, check Ronnie Bincer who is the Google+ Hangout guru. He answered my email telling me

to forget accessing 'Hangout' on the Kindle Fire HD.

Hope he helps.

Gassho,
    Edward

Hi Richard,

I used to have problems finding the "doorbell" in the past.
    You might try to reload the page (CTRL+R) or click on the bell icon on the top right. New hangouts might pop up there.
    This works most of the time for me (not always though!).
    Hope this helps?

Gassho,

Timo
    no thing needs to be added

Hi Jundo,
    I think I did correctly what you suggested about an avatar. I did have an image in the avatar already but I posted a new one tonight.
    Gassho
    Richard

Hi good lookin'

By the way, thank you for posting the new avatar. If I were to post a new avatar, it might be this ...

The blobfish has been voted world’s ugliest animal, according to the Ugly Animal Preservation Society, which announced the results Thursday at the British Science Festival.

http://www.voanews.com/content/blobf...l/1748284.html
    Of course, boy blobfish must be quite beautiful to girl blobfish ... otherwise I would assume there would be no species of "blobfish" to preserve.

And all are Beautiful in a Buddha's Eye, swimming without a trace.

Gassho, J

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by YuimaSLC View Post
    Hi Jundo,
    I think I did correctly what you suggested about an avatar. I did have an image in the avatar already but I posted a new one tonight.
    Gassho
    Richard
    Yahhh, there you are!

Gassho
    Shingen

what a cute guy. like a friendly, but sad, sort of fellow. Now a monkfish....is scary lookin'. Ha......"monk"fish.

Monkfish. Lovely.

Mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Monkfish. Lovely.

Is that Buddha I see in there?

Gassho
    Shingen

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Monkfish. Lovely.

These things are no joke. I grew up on the coast of Massachusetts and one of my high school friends working on a lobster boat saw one of these surface and eat a seagull in one gulp.

Maybe this will suffice for electronic incense:

http://www.treeleaf.org/2011/09/zazen-timers/

Gassho

C