Thread: August 23-24th, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

August 23-24th, 2013 Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Hello All,

Please 'sit-a-long' with our weekly FRIDAY/SATURDAY 'LIVE FROM TREELEAF' 90 minute ZAZENKAI, netcast LIVE from 9am Japan time Saturday morning (that is New York 8pm, Los Angeles 5pm (Friday night), London 1am and Paris 2am (early Saturday morning)

... and to be visible at the following link during those times and sit-a-long-able any time thereafter ...

LIVE ZAZENKAI NETCAST at GOOGLE+ IS HERE:
    CLICK ON THE TAB ON LOWER RIGHT FOR 'FULL SCREEN

FOR THOSE NOT ALREADY MEMBERS OF THE CIRCLE WHO WISH TO JOIN TO SIT LIVE WITH A CAMERA, INSTRUCTIONS ARE POSTED AT THIS LINK. WE ARE NOW LIMITED TO 10 INDIVIDUALS WITH CAMERAS, BUT ANY NUMBER CAN WATCH LIVE 'ONE WAY' AND SIT-A-LONG VIA THE ABOVE SCREEN. IF JOINING WITH CAMERA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR MICROPHONE IS MUTED:

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 FOUR VOWS & VERSE OF ATONEMENT

As you can see, our Zazenkai consists of chanting the 'Heart Sutra' in English (the words are at the link below), some full floor prostrations in sets of three (please follow along with me ... or a simple Gassho can be substituted if you wish), followed by our Dedication, Zazen twice for about 30 minutes each, with 10 minutes of Kinhin in between, and we end the sitting with 'The Verse of Atonement' and 'The Four Vows'.

Please download and print out the Chants we will recite at the following link (PDF):

Chant Book (PDF)

or

Chant Book (SHORT VERSION HTML)

So, please join us as soon as you can, and we will keep a Zafu open for you.

Remember, when we drop all thought of 'here' 'there' 'now' 'then' ... we are sitting all together!

Gassho, Jundo
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-29-2013 at 02:54 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Yugen
    I will not be able to attend tonight unfortunately.

Deep bows
    Yugen

Will be there

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Mp
    I will be there live.

Gassho
    Shingen

I will follow along to the recorded version.

Gassho
    Matt

Provided that my Google issues are all resolved and my recent hacking problems do not prevent it, I will be there live as well.

Gassho,
    William

I'll be there Sunday morning!

_/\_
    Ade

I'll be there.

Im in.

Gassho,
    Dosho

I will sit with this weeks zazenkai this weekend with my sitting group.

Google Plus is not letting me in. I will follow on the stream. Gassho, William

Will sit this weekend. Thank you all for participating and for your practice.
    Gassho C

Not Google + yet, but live via YOUTUBE for the second Saturday/Friday is a start.

Thank you for all and one.

Gassho,
    Edward
    "Recognize suffering, remove suffering." - Shakyamuni Buddha when asked, "Uhm . . .what?"

Hi all,

Not sure what happened, but good to sit with you nonetheless. Have a good weekend!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Somehow I managed to connect to the Hangout, but I knew everybody was there... Thank you fellow sitters

Gassho
    Thank you for your practice

Mp
    Yah, some technical issues for sure, but always great to sit with you all. Have a great weekend.

Gassho
    Shingen

So, am the only one who stopped and looked for the loud bird (or whatever made that loud noise) in the middle of kinhin? I swear it was in my living room for a minute while I was walking out the room.
    Last edited by Nengyo; 08-24-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    If I'm already enlightened why the hell is this so hard?

Thanks for tonight/this morning.

Thank you everyone. Good to sit with you all.

Gassho
    Matt

Good to sit with all of you again, even if there were technical issues.

gassho,
    william

What technical issues ??
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Shokai: none of us could join live. We all sat with the live stream. But, there was no invitation to join the hangout on Google Plus.

Thank you Jundo and Gassho to everyone sitting. Sat for the first time in my kesa, man was it hot! Gassho.
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)

Gassho and thank you everyone,
    nice haircut Jundo ;-)
    Gassho
    Myoku

Thanks everyone!

_/\_
    Ade

Thank you for this time. I sat with you all this Sunday evening.

Gassho,
    Björn

Just finished sitting with you all - thanks a lot for your practice!

Gassho,

Timo
    no thing needs to be added

Kantai
    Thank you everyone, nice sound this time.

Gassho
    !
    /Edward

I sat along Sunday with 5 others at the Bodhi Tree Cafe. The audio was very low and I missed the bell a couple of times, but my natural timer kicked in so we were within a few seconds of you Jundo. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck13 View Post
    I sat along Sunday with 5 others at the Bodhi Tree Cafe. The audio was very low and I missed the bell a couple of times, but my natural timer kicked in so we were within a few seconds of you Jundo. Thank you.
    Yes, we are in different time Zones but (Einstein aside), 30 minutes here is 30 minutes there.

Nice have you all together.

Gassho, J
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Joyo
    I missed this, plan on watching the recording this weekend.

Gassho,
    Treena